Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dumbarton

Outcome   

79 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/24 at 14:00

5 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I will never forget Carl Tremarco's glorious last minute winner to snatch the famous Irn Bru Cup trophy out of Dumbarton's grasp on the biggest day in their history. Collin Seedorf was majestic that day.

I seem to remember them blaming the loss on the absence of some overweight Cypriot no mark who ended up stinking the place out for Paul Hartley’s Falkirk soon after.

14 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I seem to remember them blaming the loss on the absence of some overweight Cypriot no mark who ended up stinking the place out for Paul Hartley’s Falkirk soon after.

But what an overweight Cypriot no-mark he was :wub: 

It makes me laugh that he's had eight clubs since leaving us, and doesn't seem to have played at all since the end of 2023. I doubt we'll ever have someone who is more of a cult hero. One season, a last second of extra time debut winner, some of the greatest DFC goals of all time (Dunfermline and TNS (obviously) were just ridiculous), two international caps, the best head of hair I've ever seen on a Sons player, relegation (by which point he barely featured) before he vanishes into the abyss of Falkirk, 'Haringey Borough' and an endless list of Cypriot teams I've never heard of.

Absolutely sensational.

067_324__14680396_1521638442_standard.jp

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

I thought everyone in Inverness supported The Rangers?

For years they had a banner on the roadside fence outside their stadium that said "see Celtic and Rangers four times a season by buying a Caley season ticket". Used to drive past it regularly. Probably the most tin pot thing I've ever seen. Up there with St Mirren having a Celtic shop in their stadium when Celtic went there to clinch the title. Or Ayr selling a half Ayr, half Rangers 'RangAyr' scarf in their club shop before a cup game against Der ***.

On 30/07/2024 at 17:35, shizzlemanizzle said:

Will there be cameras at this? Will the “phygital” bloke be there?Not that I’m going to watch it on Saturday. Thinking more long term and Netflix-y.

I spoke to him today. He will not be there but he will be "watching with interest". I'm not sure how that works.

I've asked him twice for an interview and he's playing for time.

Anyway, he says the club are putting out info tomorrow *and* Friday to address some of the concerns.

I won't hold my breath.

22 minutes ago, forthefanssubstack said:

I spoke to him today. He will not be there but he will be "watching with interest". I'm not sure how that works.

I've asked him twice for an interview and he's playing for time.

Anyway, he says the club are putting out info tomorrow *and* Friday to address some of the concerns.

I won't hold my breath.

They.appointed a temporary chairman today, maybe he meant that.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They.appointed a temporary chairman today, maybe he meant that.

Could be that...but then I asked him specifically about fans' concerns about finances and ownership and he said he's provided info to the club which it says it will relay to fans tomorrow and Friday. We shall see.

5 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

What's he upto these days? Crocked, I assume.

Last played for us in May 2022 and he got another contract for a year to rehab him. Club didn’t announce he’d been released the year after, he’s since been spotted working in an ice cream van and regularly on his Instagram playing the guitar with his pals

10 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I will never forget Carl Tremarco's glorious last minute winner to snatch the famous Irn Bru Cup trophy out of Dumbarton's grasp on the biggest day in their history. Collin Seedorf was majestic that day.

Seriously? We have been champions of Scotland - not once, but twice. And we have also won the Scottish Cup.

3 hours ago, rockson said:

Seriously? We have been champions of Scotland - not once, but twice. And we have also won the Scottish Cup.

So how was your cup final day out and any photos of flag day?

Love to see fans with moments they can treasure

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

What's everyones favourite Martin Glancy moment?

Someone once told me that we signed Glancy in error and had meant to buy Paddy Flannery.

18 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

But what an overweight Cypriot no-mark he was :wub: 

It makes me laugh that he's had eight clubs since leaving us, and doesn't seem to have played at all since the end of 2023. I doubt we'll ever have someone who is more of a cult hero. One season, a last second of extra time debut winner, some of the greatest DFC goals of all time (Dunfermline and TNS (obviously) were just ridiculous), two international caps, the best head of hair I've ever seen on a Sons player, relegation (by which point he barely featured) before he vanishes into the abyss of Falkirk, 'Haringey Borough' and an endless list of Cypriot teams I've never heard of.

Absolutely sensational.

067_324__14680396_1521638442_standard.jp

My favourite goal of his was at East End Park.

giphy (1).gif

Think its fair to say both sets of fans would kill to be in the Championship & in a Irn Bru Cup final again which says a lot about the predicament both clubs now find themselves in only 6 years later.

I remember the last meeting a 1-0 win for ICT in April 2018 away to the Rock a Iain Vigurs goal was enough for the 3 points & it kept our play off hopes alive.

Going for a draw here 1-1. We've got the best opening fixture that we could've drawn it's important the team make the most of it. Unfortunately i can see it being a draw but fingers crossed we get the win. 

Dumbarton should win this easy. Anything less than 2-0 would be utter failure

If they fail they would have to be absolute dogshit

A win for The Caley would confuse the experts and trigger the haters.

A bit of a dilemma going to watch this or go and watch a HL game or cut the grass.

Anyone else asking themselves the same question?

1 hour ago, Connor Macleod said:

Think its fair to say both sets of fans would kill to be in the Championship & in a Irn Bru Cup final again which says a lot about the predicament both clubs now find themselves in only 6 years later.

I remember the last meeting a 1-0 win for ICT in April 2018 away to the Rock a Iain Vigurs goal was enough for the 3 points & it kept our play off hopes alive.

Going for a draw here 1-1. We've got the best opening fixture that we could've drawn it's important the team make the most of it. Unfortunately i can see it being a draw but fingers crossed we get the win. 

I reckon most Sons fans are happy in this division. Being in the Championship is great but for a club our size it's extremely difficult to sustain. The challenge cup is a joke of a competition and if we never make the final again I wouldn't care. Both clubs need new owners though, of that there is no doubt. 

As for Saturday, I just hope Farrell doesn't show you boys too much respect. If we can get something close to our first 11 on the field I think we have a good chance of taking something from the game but I worry he does something mad line up wise. I also hope he doesn't sit back if we take the lead, which he again has the tendency to do. That said, I would be happy with a point.