Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dumbarton

Outcome   

79 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/24 at 14:00

Shocking result, but it shows Dunc’s weaknesses, being unable to push forward coming up against a smaller side with absolutely no intention of winning. First game of the season so not too worrying yet, but congratulations to Dumbarton for the best result in their history. 

Hard to say, since I'm on holiday and missed the match. But I still feel like we could have had more or a go?

That being said, a point away to one of the teams who were playing in the Championship last year, isn't a bad start.

W e're sitting 3rd currently. I'd be, mostly, satisfied with that come season's end. As long as we then go on to win the playoffs, of course.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle are below Dumbarton in the league table. As it should be.

3 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Shocking result, but it shows Dunc’s weaknesses, being unable to push forward coming up against a smaller side with absolutely no intention of winning. First game of the season so not too worrying yet, but congratulations to Dumbarton for the best result in their history. 

image.jpeg.32a0915482d203687a95c9d6a52cfb68.jpeg

11 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Hard to say, since I'm on holiday and missed the match. But I still feel like we could have had more or a go?

That being said, a point away to one of the teams who were playing in the Championship last year, isn't a bad start.

We're not the team we had last year, players have moved on and we're now fielding a team mainly composed of academy players managed by a man who hasn't a f**kin clue.

Feel like ICT players have been specifically instructed not to run to the bye line. Even when it is absolutely crying out that that is by far the best option. Tough watch. 

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Is this the first time we've ever taken anything from a visit here?

It is. Although, there were only four other games so not a large sample.

18 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

We're not the team we had last year, players have moved on and we're now fielding a team mainly composed of academy players managed by a man who hasn't a f**kin clue.

You say that but there was only one academy player in the starting 11.

17 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Is this the first time we've ever taken anything from a visit here?

6 minutes ago, microdave said:

It is. Although, there were only four other games so not a large sample.

Though we got a draw against Thistle in 1988 😉

Screenshot_20240803-173254_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1f4161caa07231e33ea205bc09972afd.jpg

Edited by Boghead ranter

23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Not the kind of thing I would argue. A lot can change, but on paper... you still have a full time team and should have bigger aspects of mounting a title challenge than measly Dumbarton 😬