Alloa v Queens

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Would make the celebrations on defending even more questionable if that didn't seal a draw a minute from full time. Anyway this is getting boring at banging the drum: queens are very happy with a draw.

Watching you make an arse of yourself will never be boring. 

8 hours ago, Waspie said:

Thought we were probably the better side overall and with Cawley's early chance, Rankin hitting the post and his shot when he cut in from the right, that we probably had the best chances too. Don't recall much from QoS other than a cross from the left in the first half which the forward didn't take advantage of, although maybe others have escaped my memory. Ultimately though we didn't take those chances and didn't do nearly enough with the other possession we had so can't have any complaints with only getting the draw. 

The defence did fine with Taggs as always dependable when required to play CB. Young Thomson had a fine first senior start at RB. Waters again looked good at LB. Stevie very good as ever in CM and Roberts busy enough beside him without being as dynamic as he can be. Issue again was the wide positions in the three behind the striker. Plenty effort and Kev can be good option drifting in from the left, but the overall lack of threat from the flanks also left Rankin too isolated, although to be fair he did pretty well without much support. Nevens again looked promising in his cameo and hopefully he can emerge as a good option, but we clearly need to strengthen those wide areas if we're going to have a strong season. 

Didn't think QoS were great but in the context of a number of men being out and a new team still settling then a clean sheet and away point isn't bad at all. 

Can't disagree with any of that. We're a decent side, but lack attacking options/quality. I think even at this stage how Andy addresses that in the loan/transfer market will determine whether we genuinely challenge for the top or are fighting to get in the play offs.

We put a lot of balls in the box, most of which weren't particularly dangerous, but even with the decent crosses we didn't really look like converting them (couple of efforts from Kev aside). Our midfield doesn't carry much of a goal threat and we could do with that. Scougs, for all his quality, seems to lose his composure in front of goal. Perhaps Andy can address that with the balance of the attacking four?

As expected, central defence with Taggs there actually looked better (once it settled down) and young Kane did very well, adding a real energy going forwards. I'd be sorely tempted to stick with that back four at Dumbarton as the men in possession.

Draw was probably a fair result and it was an enjoyable, if not brilliant, game.

Edited by printer

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What was the attendance at this game please @LeodhasXD

Not actually sure as I don't do the tally but I'll ask for the classified results tomorrow. Think it was in the 700-800 range but I'll double check. 

1 hour ago, Magic Hat said:

Not bad considering the ridiculous entry price and poor facilities. At least we have got new cool goals.

Apart from 1 effort rattling off the bar on Saturday they weren't really needed. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Apart from 1 effort rattling off the bar on Saturday they weren't really needed. 

Bar did its job tbf ...

5 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

Not bad considering the ridiculous entry price and poor facilities. At least we have got new cool goals.

I didn't want to be that guy complaining about prices but £20 for league 1 football stings more than a little. Especially for a restricted view in the away end.

The difference between £18 and £20 isn't great but it's something.

7 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

Must agree. £20 quid to be stuck up one end of the ground unless you want to squeeze in under the stand at the railway end and see through the bodies/scaffold down there is getting ridiculous. Club really need to look into letting home fans into the railway end again and it least make it seem like we're getting something for the added money. 

1 hour ago, pencils said:

Must agree. £20 quid to be stuck up one end of the ground unless you want to squeeze in under the stand at the railway end and see through the bodies/scaffold down there is getting ridiculous. Club really need to look into letting home fans into the railway end again and it least make it seem like we're getting something for the added money. 

Have to agree here.

Why are away fans allowed here but not home fans?

Away supporters have the "gazebo " yet we are confined to the Clackmannan Rd end and as far as the near side of the stand

Community club??????

5 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Have to agree here.

Why are away fans allowed here but not home fans?

Away supporters have the "gazebo " yet we are confined to the Clackmannan Rd end and as far as the near side of the stand

Community club??????

Doesn't really matter what view you've got, even if it was perfect viewing all round and fantastic facilities, charging £20 for a League 1 game is taking the piss, and that goes for every Club charging daft money.

Would like to see the club do away with the segregation as well but I suppose the issues with the young team make that unlikely. 

One of the memories of going as a kid was the fans swapping ends at half time.

Doesn’t even need to get rid of the segregation, just split the railway end down the middle like they used to previously. Sure this was asked a while back and there wasn’t a reason given but would be interested to know the reason we can’t go behind the goal, would hope it’s not because we would potentially need an additional steward or 2…

15 hours ago, Rory said:

One of the memories of going as a kid was the fans swapping ends at half time.

I remember years ago someone on their phone at half time saying we're changing ends.

I assume the other end saying all teams change ends at half time.

TThe allergy went on to so - no, WE'RE changing ends...

Those days are gone 😪 

18 hours ago, AlloaAdam said:

Doesn’t even need to get rid of the segregation, just split the railway end down the middle like they used to previously. Sure this was asked a while back and there wasn’t a reason given but would be interested to know the reason we can’t go behind the goal, would hope it’s not because we would potentially need an additional steward or 2…

was at the game vs cumbernauld no segregation stewards just went around the 3 stands doing their jobs 

most likely wouldn't require more stewards just the stewards having to move around more