Southport stabbings

11 minutes ago, Peil said:

If it was a scrap in the street and I was filmed stamping someones head on the floor, I'd be looking at assault/GBH down there, regardless of what went on before.

Aye but its not a scrap in the street. The cop is tasked with keeping the airport safe.

It seems I'm an outlier here but if a violent thug happens to get stamped on after himself going tonto in a densely populated and high risk environment I'm not getting too terribly upset about it.

14 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Aye but its not a scrap in the street. The cop is tasked with keeping the airport safe.

It seems I'm an outlier here but if a violent thug happens to get stamped on after himself going tonto in a densely populated and high risk environment I'm not getting too terribly upset about it.

I’m not upset about it whatsoever given the circumstances that preceded it but it was still an unjustified use of force IMO. However, if it was someone like Tommy Robinson being booted in the head you’d have this forum celebrating wildly.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I’m not upset about it whatsoever given the circumstances that preceded it but it was still an unjustified use of force IMO. However, if it was someone like Tommy Robinson being booted in the head you’d have this forum celebrating wildly.

Eh, probably not, because there’d be a realisation the grifting little c**t would be about to be given a blank cheque of taxpayers money when he’d inevitably sue the polis. 

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

You resorted to insults to try and win a debate. I expected a higher standard of debate. Hey ho, 

"a higher standard of debate"

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

😂 Get fucked! 😂 

15 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Nearly ended myself when it cuts to Homer pointing and laughing.

Someone also needs to make a video of the brick hitting the nads and then a cut to Father Jack declaring he's fed up with brick.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

after watching everything, on balance I'd say he probably did deserve to get booted after laying into the cop, but going by what seems to be in the police's rules then he still shouldn't have been. does that make sense?

7 hours ago, Sheas_cake said:

Oops. 

What should MARE INTEGRATION look like? It's a phrase we hear a lot from the statue-defending community. Should his parents have gone around the street on a regular basis thanking the "good white folks" for accepting them? Most folk on your average street/block of flats/whatever barely integrate any further than a passing "morning" or "awright mate". Why should "immigrants" be held to a much higher standard?

Yeah, everyone should do a Ned Flanders and annoy their neighbours every morning. 🙄

Individuals with wildly different beliefs only/predominantly hanging out with other individual with wildly different beliefs - if that increases the chances of someone going into Asda with a knife and stabbing a gay couple because of the views they're fed, is that not a problem? 

18 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

after watching everything, on balance I'd say he probably did deserve to get booted after laying into the cop, but going by what seems to be in the police's rules then he still shouldn't have been. does that make sense?

I think I agree. My own thoughts are similar:

With respect to karma, I agree he deserved a boot in the baws.

However, do we want policeman to go around booting and stamping on folks' heads simply because they believe it is deserved? Unless they're defending themselves or a member of the public, no policeman should ever be inflicting punishment beatings.

As for the copper, I think he may have a case to claim he was concussed and disorientated, given the beating he'd sustained. However, he really should lose his job. The stamp was particularly gruesome to watch, plus the fact the blows were directed at the man's head! When I saw the first video in isolation, I thought he should be jailed for a long time. The preceding moments do provide him with some mitigation, but it was still too much, IMHO.

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes

Did the bloke in light blue absolutely deserve the violence inflicted on him by the policeman?  Yes.

Can it be acceptable for policemen to behave like that?  No.

Both answers are simultaneously correct.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did the bloke in light blue absolutely deserve the violence inflicted on him by the policeman?  Yes.

Can it be acceptable for policemen to behave like that?  No.

Both answers are simultaneously correct.

Agreed, the police aren't there to punish individuals. That's what courts etc are for. 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Individuals with wildly different beliefs only/predominantly hanging out with other individual with wildly different beliefs - if that increases the chances of someone going into Asda with a knife and stabbing a gay couple because of the views they're fed, is that not a problem? 

People tend to interact in and with groups that they feel they relate to and have the most in common with, yet the classic “ THEY SHOULD DO MORE TO INTERGRATE INTO ARE SOCIETY AND ABIDE BY ARE VALUES” is only used as a stick to beat non white British and non British people in this country. Yet no one can really state what “ More integration” or “ British Values” actually are which is how when pressed on what more integration actually looks like you said the above.  You  could apply your exact statement to say -a group of British white nationalists busing themselves to the site of a horrific incident where a community are mourning after witnessing probably the worst days they will see (involving the deaths of young children) to smash up a mosque, batter the police and destroy people’s property to get weapons to batter the police with. Yet no one seems to say that those groups should integrate more into society/community and respect British values. Or are these people not “ individuals with wildly different beliefs only hanging out  with other individuals with wildly different beliefs” like in say the EDL?

So can you please try and explain what you mean when you mean that immigrants should do more to integrate into society?

Edited by Ocelot1877

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The pre head kick footage makes no difference.

The police are entitled to defend themselves and subdue attackers, there are not allowed to kick people in the head and then stamp on their head in retaliation when the attacker is subdued and is no threat.

Suggesting so just makes you look like the violent thug you are, or more likely, aspire to.

The great philosopher, Mike Tyson, once said “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. Fight or flight kicks in for most normal people. It’s so much easier said than done when it comes to telling people how to react when they’re in a sudden violent conflict.

Of course it’s horrible seeing someone getting kicked in the head. That policeman may be a brute or he may just be a normal guy trying to earn a living who found himself in a really scary situation. I don’t know him. You probably don’t know him. He looked to be having a pretty grim day at work. Maybe he has a history of battering folk and is a menace. Maybe he is horrified by what he did but panicked. 

Nuance appears to be on its arse.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

The great philosopher, Mike Tyson, once said “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. Fight or flight kicks in for most normal people. It’s so much easier said than done when it comes to telling people how to react when they’re in a sudden violent conflict.

Of course it’s horrible seeing someone getting kicked in the head. That policeman may be a brute or he may just be a normal guy trying to earn a living who found himself in a really scary situation. I don’t know him. You probably don’t know him. He looked to be having a pretty grim day at work. Maybe he has a history of battering folk and is a menace. Maybe he is horrified by what he did but panicked. 

Nuance appears to be on its arse.

Not sure it’s nuance tbh.

You are correct in saying that it might have been totally out of character and was a result of panic, we don’t know.  However there are folk on here who are effectively excusing and, in some cases, cheerleading police brutality.

We cannot have the police acting in such a manner and people excusing and condoning it, once we do that then as a society we go to a very dark place.

30 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

People tend to interact in and with groups that they feel they relate to and have the most in common with, yet the classic “ THEY SHOULD DO MORE TO INTERGRATE INTO ARE SOCIETY AND ABIDE BY ARE VALUES” is only used as a stick to beat non white British and non British people in this country. Yet no one can really state what “ More integration” or “ British Values” actually are which is how when pressed on what more integration actually looks like you said the above.  You  could apply your exact statement to say -a group of British white nationalists busing themselves to the site of a horrific incident where a community are mourning after witnessing probably the worst days they will see (involving the deaths of young children) to smash up a mosque, batter the police and destroy people’s property to get weapons to batter the police with. Yet no one seems to say that those groups should integrate more into society/community and respect British values. Or are these people not “ individuals with wildly different beliefs only hanging out  with other individuals with wildly different beliefs” like in say the EDL?

So can you please try and explain what you mean when you mean that immigrants should do more to integrate into society?

Well, I suppose Sheikh Yasser al-Habib would be an example of someone not wanting to integrate into society.