Southport stabbings

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

The great philosopher, Mike Tyson, once said “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. Fight or flight kicks in for most normal people. It’s so much easier said than done when it comes to telling people how to react when they’re in a sudden violent conflict.

Of course it’s horrible seeing someone getting kicked in the head. That policeman may be a brute or he may just be a normal guy trying to earn a living who found himself in a really scary situation. I don’t know him. You probably don’t know him. He looked to be having a pretty grim day at work. Maybe he has a history of battering folk and is a menace. Maybe he is horrified by what he did but panicked. 

Nuance appears to be on its arse.

I get what you are saying, but is that not why the police are supposed to be highly trained, to deal with any situation they may encounter? 
Like wise, a member of the public may be attacked & react in the way policeman did, but if that incident was caught on CCTV, rest assured it would be serious charges, no matter who the  original protagonist was. 

These racist rioters that descended upon a grieving town are absolute vermin. I'm pretty certain everyone can agree with this.

A wee bit of a tangent, but is this the moment that Farage can maybe gain a semblance of credibility by attempting to calm these cretins down?

Mind you, Powell rejected numerous opportunities to call for a cease to racism in these isles, yet somehow he remains revered despite, or more likely because of his ludicrous "rivers of blood" speech.

23 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If ever a clip deserves to go viral it’s definitely the one of the guy getting hit by his fellow scumbags. Ideally he will be identified and for ever associated with that 30 seconds of his life.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If ever a clip deserves to go viral it’s definitely the one of the guy getting hit by his fellow scumbags. Ideally he will be identified and for ever associated with that 30 seconds of his life.

Apparently his name and address are now with Merseyside Police. 

23 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

According to this clip he might have been hit three times. In the chest, then the back of the head and then, while he's nursing his pain, feeling relatively safe, thinking the danger's over and feeling like he's the victim, the third (with Laurel and Hardy comedy genius timing)  blow hits him where it really hurts. How many takes would that need if you wanted to recreate that scene for a movie?

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Go on then. Explain the context which justifies a suspect already restrained on the ground being kicked in the head.

I can think of a few, but lawfully it isn't allowed*, esp by the police. Course in the past, folk got taken down the cells and given a kicking, chucked down the stairs on the way to the said kicking too, we're meant to be more civilised nowadays though. And with video footage from cctv, phones, police own cams, you wont get away with behaving like this either.

There are countries that will legally do far worse still though, so we aren't all operating at the same level of civilised. 

*prob would've gotten away with giving him an extra taser charge just for good measure.

At least the boy won't be able to reproduce after getting a brick to the baws.

Someone needs to edit a wilhelm scream in.

1 minute ago, Venti said:

At least the boy won't be able to reproduce after getting a brick to the baws.

Someone needs to edit a wilhelm scream in.

By how old he looks, his bricksectomy has prob come several years too late to save us from his offspring.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye hes been identified online too. Apparently has previous convictions for stabbing young people (not verified). Just a scumbag. 

Stabbers protesting stabbers. Is there mileage in getting a trade union for stabbers? 

11 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

"Stabbing, not scabbing", yes that could work.

Be a kinda self defeating picket line tho 

‘What happens if I cross it?’

’We’ll stab yer’ 

‘But won’t you stab me anyway?’ 

‘Yeah mate, that’s us stabbers for ya’