Southport stabbings

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Looting in Sunderland tonight.

Protecting our kids by robbing a f**king vape shop.

News to me that there was anything to loot in Sunderland

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Talking about race and migration in this thread really needs to stop. This should be about an attack on kids by a lone knifeman. Talking about race and migration is just playing into the far right's playbook. They took over the social media, turning one issue into the other, and it is happening here.

Can I suggest that folk wishing to discuss the riots move to, say, the Tommy Robinson thread, or the Labour in Government thread (with the awful title).

A devasted community and destroyed families are being forgotten.

It's a similar crime to this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_shooting

Immigration is a complete red herring here.

2 police stations burnt out in Sunderland . At what point do they lose control of this situation? I noticed the Welsh police had been drafted into Liverpool to try and keep a lid on things. Arseholes all over the place

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

2 police stations burnt out in Sunderland . At what point do they lose control of this situation? I noticed the Welsh police had been drafted into Liverpool to try and keep a lid on things. Arseholes all over the place

Emboldened by Farage's electoral success 

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Looting in Sunderland tonight.

Protecting our kids by robbing a f**king vape shop.

It'll stop the kids using them?

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think we can all agree that Eamonn Holmes should be deported back to Ireland in the first available boat.

Where ideally his and everyone else like hims fantasies are fulfilled and his boat is shelled into oblivion by the Navy 

12 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Would be interesting to see a Venn diagram of posters who upvoted that 'Wacky' post from earlier and posters who believe in sasquatches.

That ones lost on me but it sounds intriguing!

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I don't see an issue here. Some people need that vape to live.

image.thumb.png.75abaa76bb932b5d2e054fd54d253bef.png

People got 6 months for nicking bottles of water back then, but now the jails are full so they'll likely get off with a caution.

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

People got 6 months for nicking bottles of water back then, but now the jails are full so they'll likely get off with a caution.

They seem to be able to find space for Just Stop Oil protesters.

46 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

They seem to be able to find space for Just Stop Oil protesters.

Yes, but they REALLY inconvenienced some people for an hour or two.

On 02/08/2024 at 03:07, BukyOHare said:

I've often wondered how many qualified professionals the sector actually needs to properly support, deal, cope and assist with what seems to be a growing percentage of society.

Those dealing with a wide range of issues that fall under mental health.

Perhaps those working at the coalface could offer a more qualified guess.

I would suggest that those opposed to any increases look at the U.S. for the risks of NOT supporting mental health more. The (near) future for the UK is there, except you’ll be stabby vs shooty.

On 02/08/2024 at 03:22, Granny Danger said:

Not sure what the causes of mental health issues are but if people didn’t have to deal with some of the other societal pressures (poor housing/homelessness, poverty, poor access to basic healthcare) then maybe that would help.

In other words we need to start tackling some of the basic problems that have been exacerbated in the last fourteen years.

Modern society has evolved almost immeasurably in the past 50 years. I cannot imagine the pressures the young are feeling today versus when I grew up in the 60’s/70’s/80’s.

I would also hope that anyone talking to any group about violence doesn’t just ignore the significant and growing problem of partner violence against males as well. This is a future hot spot that could be slowed from exploding like the violence against women we’re struggling with now if it also got attention WITHOUT detracting from the much more prevalent violence against women and children.