Hearts vs Rangers (Full Metal Warfare)

BBC live updates from the game:

“Hearts 0-0 Rangers

Five minutes to play of regulation time.
Rangers are staring at two dropped points on matchday one.”

Thats all that it’s about isn’t it? It’s a disaster when last seasons 2nd placed team draw with last seasons 3rd placed team, away from home.

And even if that is the narrative you choose to spin then why not praise Hearts for what must therefore have been a momentous result for them? 

Edited by Junior_Arab

The draw is slightly disappointing but probably fair enough. Looking at the bigger picture, encouraging signs for this season with Kingsley, Baningime and Nieuwenhof to come in.

I particularly enjoyed Taylor completely bullying Cortes today. He embarrassed Atkinson in the 5-0 game last season. Hopefully Salazar is of a similar standard.

14 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That yellow card for Oyegoke was absurd. It was barely even a foul, and even if it was he was hardly preventing an attack from there?!

Yep, one of those innocuous things that happens all the time.

14 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I was only listening on radio but it sounds like every card for Hearts was debatable whether it was even a foul. Sounds like he had a shocker. Didn't even manage his usual task...

See above.

However that wee p***k Devlin should have been off for a 2nd yellow attempting a dive in the box 2nd half.

Walsh was pretty inept overall, but as you would expect, one team got more decisions.

57 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The draw is slightly disappointing but probably fair enough. Looking at the bigger picture, encouraging signs for this season with Kingsley, Baningime and Nieuwenhof to come in.

I particularly enjoyed Taylor completely bullying Cortes today. He embarrassed Atkinson in the 5-0 game last season. Hopefully Salazar is of a similar standard.

A draw is almost always slightly disappointing by definition. It’s a game you were close to winning

in truth it’s probably about right if anyone had lost that game they’d have every right to feel sorry for themselves 

we’ve now taken 5 points from our last 5 visits from the old Firm so a point is probably about par these days

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was over before it started. The most predictable league in the world.

It's obviously a bit early for that sort of sentiment, but on that performance alone, the Celtic boards gamble to spend nothing and stand still in the hope they don't go backwards looks like it might pay off again. 

Still, we'll get some hilarious European nights to enjoy 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's obviously a bit early for that sort of sentiment, but on that performance alone, the Celtic boards gamble to spend nothing and stand still in the hope they don't go backwards looks like it might pay off again. 

Still, we'll get some hilarious European nights to enjoy 

No it’s not. It’s officially the most predictable league in the world after Leverkusen winning last season.

Celtic will win the league !!

I did think we could've won it. I think it's a penalty on the basis you see it given every week, but I'm also not raging at it if that's the new level of tolerance but we know it won't be.

Rangers had the best chance,but we created plenty. That's with our midfield not even close to full strength. 

Taylor is going to be incredible,  I seen him in pre season and I genuinely think he's going to stand out at this level.

Most encouraging thing from our point of view is our bench had quality, it was missing 5 or 6 and we are adding a Colombian international this week. We look in good nick.

Sky sports league table updated by rangers fan?      No sign of 'thaim'.

Scottish Premiership 2024/25
# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 Hearts 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

2 Motherwell 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

3 Rangers 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

4 Ross County 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

5 Aberdeen 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

8 Dundee United 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

9 Hibernian 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

11 St. Johnstone 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Last updated: August 3, 2024 4:52pm

Nick walsh eh! A bigger cheat you will never find. Not just the beyond blatant pen.  All the little ones. 

no foul on Vargas when wrestled down, no booking for tag when he tripped him, no booking for Souttar for high boot, Oyegoke Booking 🤣 Devlin booking 🤣.   Just a blatant cheat.  

Encouraging display with hopefully a couple of levels to go up when everyone is available.   Great to see Devlin staying the season so well and looking forward to seeing Taylor all season cause he looks like he'll cause carnage.

Needed a wee bit more composure with the final ball but plenty to build on