Ticket Prices

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Thanks for that informative response. As someone who has solar panels and a battery driving energy in my home I think I have factual evidence to the contrary…..

IMG_0658.png

Chewing Fat GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

It's an incredibly hard balance to get right. Fans don't want to be paying too much but all costs for clubs have gone up. No easy answers.

Do Saturday games need to be played at 3 pm? Would an earlier kick off time not attract more people and save money on floodlight costs, which cannot be cheap? Would 1 pm kick offs not be better? It's more environmentally friendly, too. 

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

What did Hamilton do to Falkirk last season other than offer £20 a pop that you didn’t sell out across both games.

Away support at the 2nd game with the league won.

437575317_739877758320453_5835811416306460727_n.thumb.jpg.ab9b4adf381a638d55581ecf3edf306d.jpg

Home support at the 2nd game.

IMG_5125.jpeg

A Hamilton fan really shouldn't be criticising any other club's support.

As stated by others, our board were well warned at the last forum that these prices would result in very negative reactions from fans of other clubs in the division. We also highlighted it would be counterproductive and result in a significant drop on away attendances. (Early indications appear to prove this)

When we raised concerns about the PATG prices being too high, we were more or less told its our fault for being such a small support!

The negative press from the gate prices, season ticket sales and the shambolic kit launch is killing the enthusiasm for our first game back in the championship. All a bit self inflicted and depressing tbh. 

35 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Thanks for that informative response. As someone who has solar panels and a battery driving energy in my home I think I have factual evidence to the contrary…..

IMG_0658.png

That just proves you can't work them.

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

It definitely reduces cost so I’m not saying they are not effective. I find a 10-20% reduction in the winter but nearer 80-90% in the summer. 
It’s just a matter of factoring in the cost savings against the cost of purchase to work out payback. For me it’s about 7 years to crawl back what it cost…..

12 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Do Saturday games need to be played at 3 pm? Would an earlier kick off time not attract more people and save money on floodlight costs, which cannot be cheap? Would 1 pm kick offs not be better? It's more environmentally friendly, too. 

Personally I think 3pm is the ideal kick off time. I don't think earlier kick offs would attract more fans (for example, plenty have kids who play sports in the mornings so they'd all potentially miss games if they were an earlier kick off).

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It definitely reduces cost so I’m not saying they are not effective. I find a 10-20% reduction in the winter but nearer 80-90% in the summer. 
It’s just a matter of factoring in the cost savings against the cost of purchase to work out payback. For me it’s about 7 years to crawl back what it cost…..

Aye but with £10m plus in the bank plus and energy company as the main sponsor of the SFAs competition I fail to believe they couldn’t have figured something out. Needs a bit of lateral thinking which is lacking in our game. 

10 hours ago, diege said:

Planning to go to Hamilton this weekend to watch the opening game and I can't believe the ticket prices for a team just promoted from League 1 is set at £26. The highest in the league.

Here is what everyone is charging, you're closing the door to taking families out for the day. Its incredible.

Hamilton
Adults – £26
O65s – £16
U18s – £16
U16s – £8

Dunfermline
SRJ Windows South Stand: Adults £23, Concessions £17, U12 £9
All other stands: Adults £21, Concessions £15, U12 £7
Away Stands: Adults £21, Concessions £15, U12s £7

Raith Rovers
Not updated their website from last season, will it change?
Games vs Dundee United & Dunfermline were £24
All others £22
O65 - £16
U21 - £15
U16 - £10
U12 - Free with paying adult

Airdrie
Adults - £22
O65s - £17
Concession - £14
U16 - £9

Morton
Adults - £22
Concession (O65/16-21) £16
Child (12-15) £5
Child (U12) £5 with paying adult

Thistle
Adults - £22
Concessions - £16
U16 - £6 (home fans can apply for free season ticket!)

Falkirk
Adult - £21
Concession - £16
U18 - £11
U12 - Free

Queens Park
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
Student - £15

Livingston
Adults - £24
Concessions £16
16-18 - £13
U16 - £9

Ayr United
Not been released yet, but I'm under the belief not much is changing
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
13-17 - £15
12 and under - £6 (season ticket £40)

Thoughts peeps?

That's not accurate with regards to Dunfermline, away fans will pay £22.

I beleive for Raith Rovers ourselves and Falkirk are Category 1 games and will pay £24.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Disagree (not for all), given the costs of running a club in 2024. The energy prices alone are ludicrous (I heard £20k a month for many, unsure how accurate that is mind).

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Probably pretty accurate.

£20k a month! Are Dunfermline running electric bar heaters across the pitch 24 hours a day? It'll be a fraction of that.

11 hours ago, diege said:

Planning to go to Hamilton this weekend to watch the opening game and I can't believe the ticket prices for a team just promoted from League 1 is set at £26. The highest in the league.

Here is what everyone is charging, you're closing the door to taking families out for the day. Its incredible.

Hamilton
Adults – £26
O65s – £16
U18s – £16
U16s – £8

Dunfermline
SRJ Windows South Stand: Adults £23, Concessions £17, U12 £9
All other stands: Adults £21, Concessions £15, U12 £7
Away Stands: Adults £21, Concessions £15, U12s £7

Raith Rovers
Not updated their website from last season, will it change?
Games vs Dundee United & Dunfermline were £24
All others £22
O65 - £16
U21 - £15
U16 - £10
U12 - Free with paying adult

Airdrie
Adults - £22
O65s - £17
Concession - £14
U16 - £9

Morton
Adults - £22
Concession (O65/16-21) £16
Child (12-15) £5
Child (U12) £5 with paying adult

Thistle
Adults - £22
Concessions - £16
U16 - £6 (home fans can apply for free season ticket!)

Falkirk
Adult - £21
Concession - £16
U18 - £11
U12 - Free

Queens Park
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
Student - £15

Livingston
Adults - £24
Concessions £16
16-18 - £13
U16 - £9

Ayr United
Not been released yet, but I'm under the belief not much is changing
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
13-17 - £15
12 and under - £6 (season ticket £40)

Thoughts peeps?

Missing the parent and child option here at Airdrie which is £27 (so brings cost of under 16 down to £5). Appreciate you may have more than one youngster with you. 

Hamilton clearly trying to mask the low income from their shite home support by inflating it for away supporters which they're probably banking on some decent numbers over the season from likes of Partick, ourselves (Ayr), Falkirk etc

Ticket pricing in Scottish Football is terrible. There's no way we should be paying  on average £22 for a game. Any Teams that are charging more than that are taking the piss. 

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Hamilton clearly trying to mask the low income from their shite home support by inflating it for away supporters which they're probably banking on some decent numbers over the season from likes of Partick, ourselves (Ayr), Falkirk etc

That's  exactly what we are doing. Low number of home fans mean we will rely on bigger travelling support than last year's teams. Whether this works or not will remain to be seen.  From memory the 2 visits from.Falkirk totalled more than all the other teams put together. I know, another Falkirk crowd w##k incoming.

The board didn't expect a huge increase in home attendance, even if the gate price was lower.

It’s a depressing fact that if you reduced gate price at Accies by 20%, you wouldn’t get 20% more fans in.  So it makes economic sense in the short run.

In the long run we’re all dead.

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Played silly buggers by insisting on physical, paper tickets a week in advance of the fixture IIRC.

That put the onus on our own staff to facilitate sales on Accies behalf despite them having the means themselves via their use of Fanbase.

It was trying to inconvenience - some say suppress - the Falkirk support for the sake of it rather than any operational problem. Glad it backfired for them.

The horror of a club having to operate their own ticket sales 😱

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The horror of a club having to operate their own ticket sales 😱

Well given I live about 7 miles from Hamilton but had to drive all the way to Falkirk and back to collect a ticket for the game due to your clubs incompetence I’d say it was pretty horrific..,…

Edited by roman_bairn

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

My memory is hazy with it, but someone at Morton came out and said this was something that clubs tried to push for during the winter months in and around the covid years. There were plenty drawbacks to it though IIRC, such as the increased risk that the pitches won't thaw out in time for an earlier kickoff which would just end up costing more in rescheduling, refunding tickets etc.