Improving P&B - The Suggestion Box

19 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Is there an option so that when you ignore a poster they can't see your posts either?

It'd be amusing to see - or not see - some of the worst trolls just posting into the void.

All threads starting “Next (insert club name) Manager” be locked so only Ludo*1 can start them.

On a more serious note, we ran into an issue last year with the predictions thread where the OG poster stepped away from P&B, leaving the title locked on “…Week 19 open”. Would it be possible for the OG to designate a co-owner(s) of the thread to allow either or all to change the initial post and title?

I'd like it in writing - blood preferably - that if anything were to ever happen to Div (I hope that you live well into your 100s) that the forum will keep on going.

f**k being one of those arsepieces that need to speak about football on Facebook or the likes.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd like it in writing - blood preferably - that if anything were to ever happen to Div (I hope that you live well into your 100s) that the forum will keep on going.

f**k being one of those arsepieces that need to speak about football on Facebook or the likes.

He's like Putin. Fit as a butchers dog and going nowhere. 

5 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Similarly John McVeigh is a tit confuses me. I think it's an auto-sub for 'minge' but I don't know. And I've been here 10 years. I don't know that it needs to be changed  but if someone could explain it to me I'd be grateful. 

There was a poster called John McVeigh who constantly referred to St Mirren as St M*nge so Div put an auto filter on it to call him a tit.

13 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Is there an option so that when you ignore a poster they can't see your posts either?

Another board I use used to have "forced ignore" where two people unable to stop posting utter shite at each other - say, a Star Wars fan and a Winnie the Pooh fan who argue about politics - were forcibly added to each other's ignore lists. The problem with this was it caused problems loading the board for people because it had to deal with all of the people who it was done to. This was some time ago and it was on a much larger board than this though. 

All new members have to be registered for a minimum of 7 days before being allowed to make their first post. This should stop all the spurious nonsense of arseholes promoting their unwanted 'business services'.

On 31/07/2024 at 21:40, scottsdad said:

Adjust the sweary filters.

For example: f**k the Pars; get intae the f**king Pars.

One scrubbed, one not. Might as well get rid of it. Or add Pars to the list of banned words.

Some mod or other has taken this the wrong f**king way.

We are all adults here. No need for *** in words I often use in the presence of toddlers and babies.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Some mod or other has taken this the wrong f**king way.

We are all adults here. No need for *** in words I often use in the presence of toddlers and babies.

s4-z1SAA_200x200.jpg.0a3f2a5ef97b6b7226c6433524b9850f.jpg

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If @Div decides to invade Ukraine you will have a lot to answer for.

His invasion of MumsNet didn't go too well... 

On 31/07/2024 at 16:24, Rugster said:

Bring back the function where you can see peoples' username changes, trying to keep track of who folk are is a pain in the arse at times.

On 31/07/2024 at 16:34, Div said:

That was easy. Done.

How do you do that?

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How do you do that?

Click on a posters name, on the following screen there‘ll be a round arrow type symbol to the right of their name. Click on that and their name change history gets listed. 

Edited by German Jag