Most liked/disliked teams in League 2

11 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

I remember raiths stint in L1 & thinking nobody could behave more diddy. Had a conversation with a raith fan who was adamant they were the best team in L1 when Arbroath finished 1st, Forfar 2nd & themselves 3rd. His argument "aye we can't defend but we're the best team by a mile, we're the biggest club". 

Then Falkirk came along & took diddy to a whole different level.

Apologies for popping into this thread (we did our best to join you guys last season tbf ...).  Good thread btw. 👍

Picking up on the Raith/Falkirk examples quoted above.  I was on the ferry to Arran two or three seasons back when Killie were in the Championship.  Got talking to a Killie fan on the boat.  He started tellling me that it was ridiculous that Killie had to play in a lower league like the Championship as they were far too good for that level and an exception should have been made by the SPFL.  I explained to him that they had been relegated fairly on sporting merit as the Premiership teams above them had performed better over the season.  At this point the guy became visibly distressed, suggested that I didn't know what I was talking about with me being a Diddy club supporter.  He then turned purple, was on the point of crying and having a complete breakdown.  On witnessing such OF levels of delusion, I didn't know whether to tell him to get a grip, or to feel sorry for him.  The fitba's just too much for some folk ...

On 01/08/2024 at 08:45, BB_Bino said:

Genuinely don’t dislike any team at this level, I see them all as the same as us. Small clubs who are doing their best to survive in a country of Old Firm dominance, where people would rather not go to a match than pop along to watch a team that’s local to them. 

As for like…..not sure I would say like but there’s definitely clubs I respect. I like the fact that Peterhead have looked after away supporters kindly and have repeatedly given us food and drink to take away on the bus home…..I know they’re both League 1 clubs now but I respect Annan & Stenhousemuir. Annan for the way, without throwing money at it Kelty & EK style, they have built a club from non-league to SPFL over time, invested in facilities and players and let’s not forget the hospitality The Shed give us, and Stenny for the way that they have got in and about the community and a lot of the programmes that they run.

Glad Stirling haven't thrown any money at promotion etc 😂😂, we did what we did and are now settling in nicely , self sufficient, community clubs thriving , wee stadium unrecognisable, glad it was all done as going to be some bottle neck to get up from LL until auto relegation comes in , for what it's worth I like all you guys all good grounds and dapper fans that I've come across 👌🏼👌🏼❤️

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Apologies for popping into this thread (we did our best to join you guys last season tbf ...).  Good thread btw. 👍

Picking up on the Raith/Falkirk examples quoted above.  I was on the ferry to Arran two or three seasons back when Killie were in the Championship.  Got talking to a Killie fan on the boat.  He started tellling me that it was ridiculous that Killie had to play in a lower league like the Championship as they were far too good for that level and an exception should have been made by the SPFL.  I explained to him that they had been relegated fairly on sporting merit as the Premiership teams above them had performed better over the season.  At this point the guy became visibly distressed, suggested that I didn't know what I was talking about with me being a Diddy club supporter.  He then turned purple, was on the point of crying and having a complete breakdown.  On witnessing such OF levels of delusion, I didn't know whether to tell him to get a grip, or to feel sorry for him.  The fitba's just too much for some folk ...

There were times that season where we never even looked like getting promoted, nevermind being too good for that level. Plus we'd been flirting with the drop for years. In hindsight, dropping down was a net benefit as we got a decent manager (after enduring T Wright...), decent squad investment, the buzz of a title win/promotion and the upward trajectory that followed.

As a Killie fan, I can confirm that we have plenty of halfwits. But that just makes us like everyone else.

I met a guy in an airport years ago who told me he was a Killie fan, but supported Rangers on old firm day. 🤢

As a more senior member of this site, and as the thread seems to have widened somewhat in scope, based on my deep-rooted PTSD associated with 1970's visits to Broomfield, Brockville and Rugby Park I would happily see Airdrie, Falkirk and Killie fired to the Arctic Circle.

Spoiler

Or Shotts on costs factors.

On 01/08/2024 at 16:16, Pedro Cabeza said:

Greeny for the username.

Most of the L2 clubs are alright. I've really enjoyed trips to Elgin, Peterhead (probably helped by great weather) and Stirling. There's a lot to like about The Spartans but a bit in the cons column for them too. Not been to some of the others, but Stranraer (and to some extent Bonnyrigg) get credit for keeping EK at bay. I've actually met a handful of decent Clyde fans, but I can't imagine wanting them to win any game. Used to quite like Ed City, but that stadium is horrific.

Was having a chat on Saturday about who the blandest team in Scotland was, Forfar was the answer.