St.Mirren v Hibernian

50 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Before the next scudding then we sign some more?

The problem is simple, poor product served up by inexpert leadership from the pitch to the fraudroom. 

The solution isn't simple, as there isn't one currently. 

Ben Kensell should be the first out of the door then the Gordon’s. 

Hibs were by far the more dominant team in the opening 20 then we caught up and it was pretty even. Tanser was really poor in the first half and I thought Hibs should have exploited it more. Glad to see Brown come on at half time.

Second half was quite an improvement from us with Brown giving us width. Surprised how easily Hibs' heads went down when they went behind. Not a good sign. 

Some very good performances for us (second half) with a special mention to Taylor, Idowu and Brown. And Smyth of course.

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Ben Kensell should be the first out of the door then the Gordon’s. 

I think the fact that they've sold a quarter of your club to another club may be the stumbling block in getting a new owner in.

Who could ever have foreseen that this may become problematic.

Just now, tam the bud said:

Crowd given as 6171 on the BBC website.

Were they really 1900 empty seats and under 5000 saints fans ?

They announced 6,400 on Thursday night too.  Which I just couldn’t figure out.  

What a start to the season, first win in European football for 37 years and a very clinical win in our opening league game.

The manager and his staff deserve enormous credit for not only rebuilding an arguably stronger squad than last season. But already showing how they know when to make changes that can change the game.

Idowu is a brilliant find as are Dennis and Smyth, Brown has started the season like a new man.

Outstanding start for us buddies, can’t wait for Thursday night.

2 hours ago, tam the bud said:

Crowd given as 6171 on the BBC website.

Were they really 1900 empty seats and under 5000 saints fans ?

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

They announced 6,400 on Thursday night too.  Which I just couldn’t figure out.  

I thought the same.

As for the game, I thought we were lucky to go in level at the break. Second half we were brilliant, obviously. Hibs didn't look anything special, IMHO. Still, it's early on in the season, so whether or not we've beaten a good, average or poor team remains to be seen.

That was a sensational performance in the 2nd half.

To all the decent Hibs fans (and I know several from Scotland away trips), "hard luck, we'll played, better luck next time".

To all the wee fannies who sang the "smelly weegie" song, GIRFUY and I hope you're crying into your pillow tonight.

What a second half that was, whatever Robinson said had half time certainly worked. Subs were spot on Brown, Scott and Smyth in particular made a massive difference.

Just out of interest, why were some of our fans singing about Martin Boyle being a paedophile? At least with Sigurdsson he had been arrested so some substance to it, with MB there is nothing. Very bad taste IMO, I hope we're not just going to target the oppositions best player in the same way Rangers fans did with Larsson.

On the game, Hibs looked like they had finally found some competent defenders for the first half an hour, then after that they looked no better than some of the players from last season. Big Marvin looks like he won a raffle to play. Glad we took advantage, but there will be much tougher matches ahead.

Impressed with all the new signings, but Balcombe for me the pick of the bunch. Has he got a Scottish granny?

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Just out of interest, why were some of our fans singing about Martin Boyle being a paedophile? At least with Sigurdsson he had been arrested so some substance to it, with MB there is nothing. Very bad taste IMO, I hope we're not just going to target the oppositions best player in the same way Rangers fans did with Larsson.

Our support also has "wee fannies" and the small number who sang that about Boyle were out of order.

Anybody else getting fcuking bored of this ultra fighting shit show that seems to be more and more common?

At a time when there are many young kids going to the game and witnessing fights before and after the game it’s going to put some parents and grandparents off taking them.

It’s not a one off. Seems to be happening more often. 

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I have to say the paedo patter is getting a bit tedious. I could see the point in getting a rise out of Sigurdsson but targeting an opposition player because he's got a creepy hairdo is a bit daft.