St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Monday 05/08/24

Better last 10 minutes from St Johnstone, although still more huff and puff than really looking dangerous.

Aberdeen have been decent enough but not really had to work particularly hard to create stuff. The St Johnstone midfield was genuinely anonymous for huge spells and Aberdeen just waltzed through. 

Aberdeen may rue not getting a 2nd goal there. Saints might sneak on here with some good old fashioned Leveinball 

48 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That Aberdeen shirt is honking.

A big black patch on the back and no stripes on the sleeves

Wasn't a fan of it during the initial release.

Picked my son up from a football camp and loads of the kids had it. Looked even worse in person. Bright would be one way of putting it.

Slightly better end to half from St Johnstone. Interested to see how Aberdeen cope under a bit of sustained pressure but might need to wait until next Sunday to see that.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Really surprised that the middle of the park is AWOL. 

I was amazed at Levein saying before the game that it would look like being an open game. It was like he'd abandoned his entire philosophy from the last 30 years. And to be fair, it has been pretty end to end. 

I enjoyed most of that, but stating the complete obvious - we definitely need a second.

Just too many balls slung in and bouncing around our box towards the end there.

It may have already been mentioned, but did Aberdeen have a similarly bad black and yellow away top during the Setanta years? I seem to remember it getting debuted in a televised game and it becoming cursed like Scotland's maroon effort v Georgia, though I may well have just made all of this up. 

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It may have already been mentioned, but did Aberdeen have a similarly bad black and yellow away top during the Setanta years? I seem to remember it getting debuted in a televised game and it becoming cursed like Scotland's maroon effort v Georgia, though I may well have just made all of this up. 

Aye, can't remember it ever getting used to be honest.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

This one? Charity Project: Africa Aberdeen Rare Third Shirt Short Sleeve Medium

25 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

We might be shite but it's only 1-0. 

Bar the front two the rest of the team are woeful. Goalie I suppose had an okay first half.

That's the worry...