Queen's v Cove

I'll start this thread before Greenacres starts it with impending levels of doom and negativity.

Queen's look like a team who play together unlike last season. Should be a home win providing we can score     (hopefully a striker on loan/signed will grace the turf of Palmerston with in the next few weeks). Queen's look rock solid at the back. 

3 minutes ago, Rouky1 said:

I'll start this thread before Greenacres starts it with impending levels of doom and negativity.

Queen's look like a team who play together unlike last season. Should be a home win providing we can score     (hopefully a striker on loan/signed will grace the turf of Palmerston with in the next few weeks). Queen's look rock solid at the back. 

Preferably this week... Please.

19 hours ago, Rouky1 said:

Well done @Rouky1!  I was begining to wonder where Greenacres doomsday match thread was for this!

Aye, Murphy said definitely one player in this week - gotta hope like hell its a striker who knows where the net is.

When I expect Cove to do poorly they generally don’t but I’ve got very little expectation for this one given the boys QOS have at their disposal. 

We urgently need some reinforcements in defence, a centre back with SPFL experience at this level is vital, can’t be someone starting out really as the younger boys we have are talented but they need someone to guide them and we are getting exploited by experience. The lads we have taken in from AFC look decent and hopefully Alfie Bavidge joins the group at some point. 

Always one of my favourite grounds as a die hard QOS client always treats us to a day out so will be down on Friday to see what Dumfries has to offer in the way of nightlife 🤣🤣…..
Edited by Watson Nimrod

1 minute ago, Watson Nimrod said:

When I expect Cove to do poorly they generally don’t but I’ve got very little expectation for this one given the boys QOS have at their disposal.*

We urgently need some reinforcements in defence, a centre back with SPFL experience at this level is vital, can’t be someone starting out really as the younger boys we have are talented but they need someone to guide them and we are getting exploited by experience. The lads we have taken in from AFC look decent and hopefully Alfie Bavidge joins the group at some point. 

Always one of my favourite grounds as a die hard client always treats us to a day out so will be down on Friday to see what Dumfries has to offer in the way of nightlife 🤣🤣…..**

* I'd be inclined to agree if they were fit. As it is we're struggling the now for bodies. Hopefully this supposed signing is available for the weekend if for no other reason than to give us someone else who's available! 

** Day session in Dumfries is brilliant. Nightlife is shite. Full of coked up wee fannies (not unique to Dumfries mind you). Though it'll likely be quiet on a Friday. 

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

* I'd be inclined to agree if they were fit. As it is we're struggling the now for bodies. Hopefully this supposed signing is available for the weekend if for no other reason than to give us someone else who's available! 

** Day session in Dumfries is brilliant. Nightlife is shite. Full of coked up wee fannies (not unique to Dumfries mind you). Though it'll likely be quiet on a Friday. 

All depends if McIntosh fit and we get another striker in. We look really tight at the back and I would back our midfield, when fit, against anyone in this league but we look really toothless up front and must address this pronto to have hopes of challenging at the top. 

5 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

All depends if McIntosh fit and we get another striker in. We look really tight at the back and I would back our midfield, when fit, against anyone in this league but we look really toothless up front and must address this pronto to have hopes of challenging at the top. 

We could also sign a defender and move Dickenson higher up park

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

We could also sign a defender and move Dickenson higher up park

That would help but I still think we need another 1 or 2 forwards. McIntosh has pedigree but his fitness record so far is patchy, Craik looks like he will need time to get up to the demands of this level. Doherty and McKechnie historically haven’t scored a lot of career goals. Walker looks tidy but again hasn’t been prolific in his career. Hopefully some more goals from defence and midfield this season but to get near the top of this league we need a solution to getting more goals

Craik to score a hat trick. 

On 06/08/2024 at 21:53, 19QOS19 said:

. Nightlife is shite. Full of coked up wee fannies (not unique to Dumfries mind you). Though it'll likely be quiet on a Friday. 

Eh? 

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What part's confusing? 

I’ve not found that Dumfries is full of coked up wee fannies. Maybe if you frequent somewhere like the venue then that might be the case. 

2 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I’ve not found that Dumfries is full of coked up wee fannies. Maybe if you frequent somewhere like the venue then that might be the case. 

I don't think I've stepped foot in the Venue since turning 18 tbh. 

There's a particular pub in the town I'll happily drink in during the day but wouldn't go near the place at night for said fannies. I should say "wee fannies" doesn't necessarily mean teenagers! 

I feared a loss last weekend given our incomplete recruitment, pre-season form, no Mitch or Grady in the starting lineup and the fact that Wullie Gibson's Annan look a decent outfit for L1 this season.

This is undoubtely not the fixture, or journey, we wanted after an opening day defeat. With Queen's looking defensively assured under Peter Murphy thanks to couple of additions in this department, I struggle to see us getting much from the game. In contrast our defence is the gift that keeps giving so there will be chances for the home side. You lads are a bit light of numbers and fire power up top, similar to us, but the bookies will rightfully instill you as favourites.

Mitch, who played the last 20 minutes against Annan, got yellowed within 5 minutes of receiving the armband and subsequently got a 2nd yellow after the full time whistle will miss out. It's really not that much of a loss for us these days but would rather have him than not.

Grady McGrath will return after his 2 match suspension controversy although I'd have Leighton anyday over him. Still time for a signing or two which we desperately need.

An early Queen's goal and this could be a battering for the bewildered Hartley who's looking more disinterested as the weeks drag on.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I feared a loss last weekend given our incomplete recruitment, pre-season form, no Mitch or Grady in the starting lineup and the fact that Wullie Gibson's Annan look a decent outfit for L1 this season.

This is undoubtely not the fixture, or journey, we wanted after an opening day defeat. With Queen's looking defensively assured under Peter Murphy thanks to couple of additions in this department, I struggle to see us getting much from the game. In contrast our defence is the gift that keeps giving so there will be chances for the home side. You lads are a bit light of numbers and fire power up top, similar to us, but the bookies will rightfully instill you as favourites.

Mitch, who played the last 20 minutes against Annan, got yellowed within 5 minutes of receiving the armband and subsequently got a 2nd yellow after the full time whistle will miss out. It's really not that much of a loss for us these days but would rather have him than not.

Grady McGrath will return after his 2 match suspension controversy although I'd have Leighton anyday over him. Still time for a signing or two which we desperately need.

An early Queen's goal and this could be a battering for the bewildered Hartley who's looking more disinterested as the weeks drag on.

Unless we get a striker in or injuries ease I would say our best chance of any type of goal will be from a set piece. We look a good bit more solid in defence, hopefully not putting a jinx on things, and another defender just signed, but attack-wise we're still a bit lightweight so can't see there being any battering by either side.

44 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good to see Cochrane back on the bench. Walker can feel a bit hard done to be dropped ahead of McKechnie. Other than that no real surprises. 

This is all very fair. Quite liking Walker. After a shandy or two, I nearly sponsored his shirt. Part performances and part due to that magnificent Star Wars themed intro video. Oh, and the pints.

18 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

This is all very fair. Quite liking Walker. After a shandy or two, I nearly sponsored his shirt. Part performances and part due to that magnificent Star Wars themed intro video. Oh, and the pints.

Well this has been garbage. Defence good. Midfield winning nothing and totally toothless up front. Sorry but no better than last season on the first 45 mins. Doherty at least has looked ok….and back 3 alright. 270 minutes football without a goal. Need the injured back and some forwards in badly. 

Going exactly as I expected unfortunately. I can only assume those moaning like f**k haven't seen McKechnie, Lyon, Cochrane or Dickenson play so far this season. The driving forces of our side aren't there the now and we have small men up top. Are folk genuinely shocked it's another backs to the wall performance? It'll absolutely going to be like this until we bodies back in. Fair play to the defence again for looking pretty solid. 

Cove had one good chance they should have taken and had a stonewaller turned down after Brydon handled but other than that they haven't tested Stewart. 

For us, Johnstone is having a bit of a mare today. Cochrane for him surely. Walker will surely replace McKechnie at some point as well. Doherty is an awful striker but he at least attempts to hold the ball. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Going exactly as I expected unfortunately. I can only assume those moaning like f**k haven't seen McKechnie, Lyon, Cochrane or Dickenson play so far this season. The driving forces of our side aren't there the now and we have small men up top. Are folk genuinely shocked it's another backs to the wall performance? It'll absolutely going to be like this until we bodies back in. Fair play to the defence again for looking pretty solid. 

Cove had one good chance they should have taken and had a stonewaller turned down after Brydon handled but other than that they haven't tested Stewart. 

For us, Johnstone is having a bit of a mare today. Cochrane for him surely. Walker will surely replace McKechnie at some point as well. Doherty is an awful striker but he at least attempts to hold the ball. 

Yes I have seen McKechnie this season. That’s my point.