Depressed Dunfermline v Bouyant Bairns

Roll up roll up ladies and gentlemen.  Step right up for the carnival of the bizarre.

SEE as the Pars meet each other for the first time

GASP as Falkirk bring more fans than there are people in Scotland

THRILL to the sound of banjos being played expertly with those extra fingers (decide for yourself who’s playing)

Obviously the Bairns are coming into this on a high and it’s a great first away tie for us.  I would imagine the only change to the team will be Nesbitt if he’s fit.

I can only go by what it read on here, but this should be a Bairns win.  1-3.  Benedictus (cos he always does), Morrison x2, MacIver.

Genuinely can't wait for this game . Flying from Bristol on the Saturday morning with my flight arriving in Glasgow at 2pm , heading straight to East End and hopefully not miss much . 

Going into this one full of confidence , and so should the full team and fans . Goal machine Sean Mackie on the score sheet again next week please .

Echo & the Bunnymen in Glasgow on Friday night and then straight to Dunfermline from Glasgow on the Saturday after a fine Hotel breakfast. Absolutely buzzing for this cannot wait, the players totally understand how much this means to us.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Echo & the Bunnymen in Glasgow on Friday night and then straight to Dunfermline from Glasgow on the Saturday after a fine Hotel breakfast. Absolutely buzzing for this cannot wait, the players totally understand how much this means to us.

This.

Plus during season 2022/23 McGlynn never bested the city slickers once. He'll be out for revenge and looking to turn them back into village idiots.

We're going to get pumped and the fans are going to turn on the players, manager, board and Sammy.

Will be lots of anger at full time and it will get pretty nasty.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

We're going to get pumped and the fans are going to turn on the players, manager, board and Sammy.

Will be lots of anger at full time and it will get pretty nasty.

Even Sammy? Has he turned into a shill for the board?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

He's actually on the board now.

Looking forward to seeing him telling you all to calm down. Hopefully a square go between him and McPake after Morrison completes his hat trick 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Looking forward to seeing him telling you all to calm down. Hopefully a square go between him and McPake after Morrison completes his hat trick 

None of those things are out of the question.

9 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Anyone remember when McPeaked's Dunfermline were better than us? 

Makes me slightly uneasy when Falkirk are so confident going into a game. 

Having said that 3-0 Bairns, Sean Mackie with the perfect hatrick.

Just purchased my ticket this morning and they seem to be selling very well indeed as I'm squashed up in a corner somewhere in darkest Fife.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As to the actual game, I assume McPake will seek the absolutely shitefest this. 

Is your team capable of this?

Might be possible with a back 5 setup that can actually defend, but alas we cannot

Honestly, if Falkirk don't win this convincingly then I'd be asking questions of McGlynn and wondering if maybe a top half finish is the best that can be achieved. We can't defend very well, we have zero creativity in the midfield and don't look like we'll score a goal from open play. 

Our best (only?) hope is that McGlynn has his usual brain fart against us and overcomplicates things. Maybe swapping full backs round or changing shape for no reason. We were actually reasonable in the first half without really troubling the scoreboard at Almondvale so maybe if Falkirk take a bit of time getting used to some unneeded tinkering and we can get an early goal (no laughing at the back) then we have a chance, but otherwise I can only see one outcome.

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Honestly, if Falkirk don't win this convincingly then I'd be asking questions of McGlynn and wondering if maybe a top half finish is the best that can be achieved. We can't defend very well, we have zero creativity in the midfield and don't look like we'll score a goal from open play. 

Our best (only?) hope is that McGlynn has his usual brain fart against us and overcomplicates things. Maybe swapping full backs round or changing shape for no reason. We were actually reasonable in the first half without really troubling the scoreboard at Almondvale so maybe if Falkirk take a bit of time getting used to some unneeded tinkering and we can get an early goal (no laughing at the back) then we have a chance, but otherwise I can only see one outcome.

He learned from the Edinburgh fiasco by making 6 changes to the team, in fairness I understand what he was getting at but the reality was different. Also adding into this time we won't have Brad McKay which is the equivalent of giving you a goal start and having a man down

I don't see much change from us in this one, only if Nesbitt is fit to come in providing he is match fit.  Hoping for normal service to be resumed and the balance of power to be returned to the Navy Blue in this one I'll take a 2-nil Falkirk but if things are as bad as what is made out to be at Dunfermline and we play at our best then 3 and  above 

I don't see any possibility of tinkering at all. I don't think McGlynn will be thinking there's any need. 

As I see it, there are two potential changes in the side. Oliver out for Nesbitt if Nesbitt is fit, or Oliver for McKenna if like me, McGlynn liked what he saw from McKenna the other night. 

But the second one is most unlikely based on how McGlynn tends to be quite loyal to guys. 

This game is like seeing a car crash just before it happens. If there's no board level fallout this week, a defeat next weekend - and it's likely to be a heavy defeat - will almost certainly have club in chaos. 

Wasn't that impressed on Friday night but expect Falkirk to come out the gates flying and we just don't have the ability or confidence to put up a fight for 90 minutes. 

This only ends one way next Saturday and the only positive is that it should bring about some changes at the club. 

Any kind of Pars win would be unthinkable for Falkirk.