🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Him and Robinson should try to spend less time trying to get opposition players sent off and more time trying to put the ball in the net imo. 

You make a fair point here in all honesty.

I noticed this last week too - we moan like absolute f*ck to the refs and linesmen constantly. We did it so much last year as well that I am pretty sure it was RR who identified it and started hammering us with quick free kicks, throw ins etc while we were still whinging about decisions.

29 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

You make a fair point here in all honesty.

I noticed this last week too - we moan like absolute f*ck to the refs and linesmen constantly. We did it so much last year as well that I am pretty sure it was RR who identified it and started hammering us with quick free kicks, throw ins etc while we were still whinging about decisions.

Aye big Brian is turning into victor Meldrum in his old age, was doing it all game 

Just searched the full match replay on jagzone for what from reports appear to be the only two incidents of note in the game.

Stonewall penalty, you can see the whole thing unfolding in slow motion as Williams is watching the ball without being aware of the Raith player and as soon as the Raith player gets there first it's a penalty all day every day. edit: it was preceded by almost a re-run of the "Mitchell blasting the ball off McMillan" OG vs Accies from a couple of years ago, except it was McBeth leathering it off Turner.

Definite red card and a c**t of a challenge. Connolly lucky to get away without any serious damage.  I was going to say in mitigation is that if the ref had blown for the free kick for the foul by Connolly on Robinson originally rather than trying to play an advantage then obviously Robinson trying to put Connolly's ankle through the floor doesn't happen, but watching it back he's either not playing advantage, or he's just too slow to blow the whistle when Robinson has to turn back.

Anyway, sounds as if we weren't scoring with 19 men on the park never mind ten, a depressing pattern from the last two games. Maybe this break will come at a decent time for us , allow a bit of a reset and a couple of new bodies in (the Swedish RB and another forward as a minimum). 

In that time we need to work out what our best combination in midfield is, same at CB (presumably O'Reilly + 1) and give Chalmers a skinhead, if he's going to be this shit he can't have that haircut.

Edited by Fuctifano

Haven’t seen the penalty incident back yet but the first one, 5 seconds before the one that was given looked a penalty too. Would have been interesting to see if that was given as I thought the ref was looking to see if any advantage came of it.

We all see the game differently of course but I thought Byrne was excellent today, after the first 20 minutes he controlled that today. It wasn’t pretty and a very Murrayesc win but after the week we’ve had I’ll take any 3 points. 

edited to add, the red looked a shocker from the south stand, knee high. 

Edited by Dazzle

Did not think that was a classic. 

Thought Rovers were pretty poor in the first half and second best, and not overly great in the second period, but that was a far more even contest.

I could see why Partick fans were so worried about Wasiri Williams at right back, man alive,  he was really bad! 

Both teams really needed a win, and while you wouldn’t write Partick off based on this, or talk Raith up, they both need reinforcements if they’re to do what they were slated to do this season 

Edited by McGuigan1978

If you're really desperate to watch again, the Raith TV season pass has the full replay under their video archive. 

The penalty looks a lot clearer than it did in the stands, and the red card looks brutal. 

On a different note, we've been slaughtered for signing Lewis Stevenson on a 2 year deal given his age but he absolutely had Chalmers in his pocket. Every time I've seen Chalmers at Starks until now he's ran the show, but today he looked completely obsolete.

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On a different note, we've been slaughtered for signing Lewis Stevenson on a 2 year deal given his age but he absolutely had Chalmers in his pocket. Every time I've seen Chalmers at Starks until now he's ran the show, but today he looked completely obsolete.

Stevenson has been superb for us so far. Ever present and looks a class above.

1 minute ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Stevenson has been superb for us so far. Ever present and looks a class above.

Definitely, it's been a bit of a lazy trope we've wasted money on him and Hanlon. Hanlon will be a tremendous asset when he's back.

A horror tackle from Robinson. A real shitebag’s challenge from him, who is very much the type to dish that out. He’d have been the first in the referee’s ear asking the ref to get any of our players off if such a tackle had been made on one of his team mates, so it’s amusing to see Brian Graham arguing with the referee about it. A couple of moaning, whinging fannies. 

Aye, that's a shocker from Robinson. Thankfully didn't have the repercussions for Connolly that it might have done. 

I want to like Brian Graham. Loved his time at the Rovers and he seems decent off the pitch but he's an absolute moaning b*****d of a boy on it.

Anyway. Good, much needed win yesterday and we'll be in better shape on and off the pitch by the time the Ayr game comes around. 

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

All 10 players after the penalty. Maybe Stanton didn’t go up with the rest straight away, but he is there. 

Was going to post the same about Stevenson. Chalmers couldn’t get a look in yesterday, when he’s usually very good against us. A brilliant signing. 

IMG_8528.png

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A horror tackle from Robinson. A real shitebag’s challenge from him, who is very much the type to dish that out. He’d have been the first in the referee’s ear asking the ref to get any of our players off if such a tackle had been made on one of his team mates, so it’s amusing to see Brian Graham arguing with the referee about it. A couple of moaning, whinging fannies. 

Away to bed, mate. It was an awful challenge, but this is a dreadful take.

Much better yesterday than last week but that wouldn’t be difficult. We still weren’t great but did at least create some chances.

Thought Gibson had a decent game and justified his place in the starting 11. 

Smith was brilliant and must be absolutely knackered today. 

I actually thought Stanton had a decent game. Nowhere near his best but not worthy of criticism either. Another who was far better than last week.

Not much can be said about big Kev that hasn’t already been said. Another brilliant performance. Great shot stopping as always but has improved massively in the other areas of his game too. Would genuinely be making it a priority to get him on an extended deal or we'll be in danger of seeing him sign a pca in January.

Ref got both big calls spot on.

14 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Much better yesterday than last week but that wouldn’t be difficult. We still weren’t great but did at least create some chances.

Thought Gibson had a decent game and justified his place in the starting 11. 

Smith was brilliant and must be absolutely knackered today. 

I actually thought Stanton had a decent game. Nowhere near his best but not worthy of criticism either. Another who was far better than last week.

Not much can be said about big Kev that hasn’t already been said. Another brilliant performance. Great shot stopping as always but has improved massively in the other areas of his game too. Would genuinely be making it a priority to get him on an extended deal or we'll be in danger of seeing him sign a pca in January.

Ref got both big calls spot on.

Totally agree with you on Big KEV contract.

There seems to be some sort of weird propaganda across social media and some on here that the Rovers were some what good yesterday. Realistically, two teams flinging shite at each other on a terrible surface in terrible conditions. Raith squeezed the game in the middle of the park meaning we would then need to try and launch one into BG. Never really worked but on the flip side any time raith got the ball they just launched it into a corner to try and play for 2nd balls. Which is strange because you’d thought with boys like easton and stanton in there they would try and play. 

No gripes re. The penalty. But on the red card maybe I’m seeing it with slightly thistle tinted glasses the tackle was no where near “knee high”. From the footage it looks like robinson tries to get his foot inbetween connolly and the ball to drag away and connolly nicks in just before him. I’d say a nailed on booking but a red? Not for me. I’ll let the ref off with trying to play advantage, i know some people have tried to say it should have been brought back. But we did still have possession of the ball.

Poor result / performance from the jags, I’m not writing us off just yet. Still think there will be a couple of players to come in between now and the end of the window. Plus lawless and mackay to come back in (hopefully) before Christmas