Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Don't think McCabe has done enough yet for a "good" Premiership club to take a punt on him, but he'll likely end up with offers from clubs at the lower end of the table. Suspect Raith's cash and plans to go up would probably be more appealing for him at this stage than the risk of going somewhere like Motherwell.

Like the previous poster mentioned I can totally see him ending up at a Hibs. 

54 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Change the record min , from 1800 average to 4000 average , Record season ticket sales 750k prize money last season , Record strip sales do I go on , We are operating within the budget , So we haven’t been piling out the wads as you put it 

8z94x9.thumb.jpg.a0300a451ced6296fb2a1ef86c1eca63.jpg

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

Only if they're struggling, though. That's very risky.

I think they will struggle I don't think Gray was the correct appointment and seemed a bit lazy so I can't see him lasting long. It might be a bit risky from McCabes point of view as Hibs don't tend to give managers time and they didn't even let Montgomery bring his own players in which I think was the wrong decision so I can see your point there I still can see him ending up at Hibs though. I definitely can't see him ending up at Raith or any other championship club or the likes of Motherwell, County or St Johnstone in the premiership as I do think he'll get a bigger move than that when he does leave Airdrie. 

46 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The next Raith appointment could depend on what has happened to Murray, ok I know he has been binned,  has he been binned with 2 years of compensation in his back pocket, free to manage any time, or the more likely option of him remaining on the payroll picking up his monthly wage, but basically being frozen out the game...   

That's a fairly large expense I would imagine and if that is the case you would think an Internal promotion could be on the cards. Is a Hanlon, Stevenson partnership that far fetched, Fordyce has been an assistant manager for 2 seasons, Potter has managed before....

Surely Raith don't have a bottomless pit of money..

Terminating a contract doesn't mean you have to pay it out in full. Similarly unlikely would be retaining someone on payroll but freezing them out.

There are numerous ways to part company, contractually and by other legal agreement, both of which cost a lot less than fans think, or fans of other clubs hope. It will all come to contractual terms, and none of us know what they are. 

21 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Like the previous poster mentioned I can totally see him ending up at a Hibs. 

Please take McCabe, leave Scott Brown at Ayr for the next 18 to 24 months before he inevitably ends up at Easter Road.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Terminating a contract doesn't mean you have to pay it out in full. Similarly unlikely would be retaining someone on payroll but freezing them out.

There are numerous ways to part company, contractually and by other legal agreement, both of which cost a lot less than fans think, or fans of other clubs hope. It will all come to contractual terms, and none of us know what they are. 

I know just that keeping them on the payroll saves a big pay off,  

For all Murrays faults he will find no trouble getting a gig.. whenever and wherever that may be

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

For all Murrays faults he will find no trouble getting a gig.. whenever and wherever that may be

But the pay-off in the way you are suggesting is just an accumulation of all his weekly salaries in one lump sum, so it would make no difference financially over the long run which option they picked.

As mentioned above I'm sure most clubs who have managers on longer contracts have clauses where sacking doesn't require paying up their entire contract otherwise some of these clubs who churn through managers would be bankrupt in a few seasons.

10 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Keeping them on the payroll - not a chance. As I said, you don't need to pay out a contract. It'll cost something, but depends how the contract is written, and even then, there are still more ways to get rid of someone you don't want which don't cost a full contract, or anything like it.

Is Kevin Thomson actually a good manager (or coach)? One season at Kelty and a league title. It was only the League 2 title, but still a title in his only season in management.

I’ve heard him on the radio a few times and he comes across well enough. He has the Kelty connection, but winning the league then resigning probably didn’t endear him to the people in charge.

Do we think the Murray sacking was a knee-jerk or do we think the folk in charge have been concerned for a while and have someone in mind?

Edited by Scary Bear

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I take his departure is a mutual termination?

The board has therefore decided to terminate the manager’s contract.

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I take his departure is a mutual termination?

I'm surprised more Raith fans aren't questioning what went on. What have Murray and Barrowman fell out about? The reasoning of it being results since turn of the year doesn't wash because you can't then back the manager with money, get to the first game of the season and lose and then say, 'Aw, yeah, this has been building since January' it just screams incompetence. So what's the falling out about? Is it pettiness or does Barrowman genuinely have your best interests - or was he affronted and just bulleted Murray?

It wasn't that long ago he was in the press saying he wanted Murray to stay when the media were speculating about Hibs.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

McCabe will almost 100% be offered the Hibernian and St Johnstone jobs if he's still at Airdrie when they have vacancies, which there's a real chance happens within the next few months.

I don't know if us being shite and looking doomed to relegation would put him off us, or if the chance to build an entire backroom and squad would appeal, but I think he'd jump at the Hibs job.

Hibs would be a good shout for him. Hard to tell whether the influence of the Bournemouth lot would have an impact on it. Anyways, can we please leave McCabe out of this as he won’t be going to raith