Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm surprised more Raith fans aren't questioning what went on. What have Murray and Barrowman fell out about? The reasoning of it being results since turn of the year doesn't wash because you can't then back the manager with money, get to the first game of the season and lose and then say, 'Aw, yeah, this has been building since January' it just screams incompetence. So what's the falling out about? Is it pettiness or does Barrowman genuinely have your best interests - or was he affronted and just bulleted Murray?

It wasn't that long ago he was in the press saying he wanted Murray to stay when the media were speculating about Hibs.

Fact is, we've been unexciting since January, and tactics, selections and reactions to adversity all, arguably, have left something to be desired. You could back him in close season to give benefit of doubt, considering what nearly happened, but when the team get turned over in the same manner by the same team with same result yet again, it maybe shows he's not learned and developed after reflecting over the summer. If the manager doesn't come up with a new approach to a troublesome opponent after having reflected, and if the team don't look fit, motivated or playing as a collective, maybe you decide the benefit of the doubt hasn't paid off and it's time to act.

McCabe deserves a punt higher up the ladder, but Hibs is just too high. They need to stop the batshit mental appointments and just go for someone with a decent track record. McCabe is the next up and comer manager in Scottish football but Hibs would be better with a McInnes, Docherty (I hate to say it) or someone of that ilk type appointment than a 32 year old that's had a couple of good seasons overall at Airdrie - in League 1 and a season in the Championship.

If Hibs went for McCabe it'd be bold and I'd applaud them for it because he is showing promise but equally it'd be mental with the way they are currently IMO.

Raith Fans I have the man for the job for you, a  ex player with an international reputation and top flight experience in England, knows how to take a team from the third tier of Scottish football to the Premier League, installs a style of play unmatched, is shockingly out of a job so no compensation is  required, who is this genius of football management you ask? .............I give you Mr David Hopkin

13892041_1781595438744493_7199998128756446680_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCabe deserves a punt higher up the ladder, but Hibs is just too high. They need to stop the batshit mental appointments and just go for someone with a decent track record. McCabe is the next up and comer manager in Scottish football but Hibs would be better with a McInnes, Docherty (I hate to say it) or someone of that ilk type appointment than a 32 year old that's had a couple of good seasons overall at Airdrie - in League 1 and a season in the Championship.

If Hibs went for McCabe it'd be bold and I'd applaud them for it because he is showing promise but equally it'd be mental with the way they are currently IMO.

Hibs are riddled with "philosophy" though.

A young manager who "plays football the right way" is going to be irresistible to them.

Just now, Superhursty7 said:

Raith Fans I have the man for the job for you, a  ex player with an international reputation and top flight experience in England, knows how to take a team from the third tier of Scottish football to the Premier League, installs a style of play unmatched, is shockingly out of a job so no compensation is  required, who is this genius of football management you ask? .............I give you Mr David Hopkin

13892041_1781595438744493_7199998128756446680_n.jpg

We'd rather have Mary Hopkin.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Fact is, we've been unexciting since January, and tactics, selections and reactions to adversity all, arguably, have left something to be desired. You could back him in close season to give benefit of doubt, considering what nearly happened, but when the team get turned over in the same manner by the same team with same result yet again, it maybe shows he's not learned and developed after reflecting over the summer. If the manager doesn't come up with a new approach to a troublesome opponent after having reflected, and if the team don't look fit, motivated or playing as a collective, maybe you decide the benefit of the doubt hasn't paid off and it's time to act.

You garnered enough points to win the league most seasons in this division. You were f**ked in the end by a United side with a massive budget in comparison. There's no Dundee, Dundee United, Hibs, Hearts, Rangers type team in the league this season. It's going to be a free for all and quite frankly, a bloodbath where no team is favourite and everyone takes points off each other.

Yeah, it might have soured towards the end of last season as you ran out of steam - but if that's the decision Barrowman wants to make (unjustly in the eyes of the neutral but we all know that's totally different from the fan that watches it week in and week out) then it has to be done at the end of last season. Not 1 single game into the next.

That screams either lunacy, incompetence or a massive fall out. I'd lean towards the latter - so what's the falling out about?

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Hibs would be a good shout for him. Hard to tell whether the influence of the Bournemouth lot would have an impact on it. Anyways, can we please leave McCabe out of this as he won’t be going to raith 

Agreed. He'd have to be mental, especially after this stunt today. McCabe clearly in an environment where he is thriving with almost zero pressure. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and the Scottish Premiership will come calling. Time is also on his side. 

Why would you risk that for a sidewards step, a trigger happy owner, who will not accept anything less than promotion in May? I don't see McCabe signing up to that. And some of the players must be wondering the same. 

This move probably has any credible managers wondering if they should keep their powder dry. The role feels higher risk with more pressure than it did this time yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You garnered enough points to win the league most seasons in this division. You were f**ked in the end by a United side with a massive budget in comparison. There's no Dundee, Dundee United, Hibs, Hearts, Rangers type team in the league this season. It's going to be a free for all and quite frankly, a bloodbath where no team is favourite and everyone takes points off each other.

Yeah, it might have soured towards the end of last season as you ran out of steam - but if that's the decision Barrowman wants to make (unjustly in the eyes of the neutral but we all know that's totally different from the fan that watches it week in and week out) then it has to be done at the end of last season. Not 1 single game into the next.

That screams either lunacy, incompetence or a massive fall out. I'd lean towards the latter - so what's the falling out about?

I agree with you - I think the close season was the time to do it, and I've no idea what has happened. I'm in no way convinced IM would have got us promoted this season, and the same old same old at Airdrie maybe was a final nail.

The post match interview discloses a lot of tension - either simply from the game itself or, as looks more likely, from beforehand too. Who knows what transpired before the game between board and manager? Who knows what was said afterwards? We'll never know. 

Onwards. Announce Klopp.

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Terminating a contract doesn't mean you have to pay it out in full. Similarly unlikely would be retaining someone on payroll but freezing them out.

There are numerous ways to part company, contractually and by other legal agreement, both of which cost a lot less than fans think, or fans of other clubs hope. It will all come to contractual terms, and none of us know what they are. 

Under almost all contracts you would need to pay them the full amount, with  the caveat being that they can also take you to employment tribunal if you put them on gardening leave, as you have actively reduced there future employment.

Happens at my work a lot, it’s almost impossible to remove someone without grounds of misconduct (deliberate). They spend 6 months in the house then get fully paid off and both parties sign a NDC

Edited by Clangers

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

But the pay-off in the way you are suggesting is just an accumulation of all his weekly salaries in one lump sum, so it would make no difference financially over the long run which option they picked.

As mentioned above I'm sure most clubs who have managers on longer contracts have clauses where sacking doesn't require paying up their entire contract otherwise some of these clubs who churn through managers would be bankrupt in a few seasons.

The advantage of keeping them on the payroll albeit freezing them out the game for the period of his contract,  If Ian Murray goes for another job and gets it he has to technically resign from Raith his employers therefore  breaking the contract,  this is actually a very common way of working...

When we had Kenny Black (flashback not good) he had a watertight 2 year contract which ensured he had to get every penny owed to him, forcing us to go on a journey of 'managed decline' which took us years to recover from.