Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Thomson & Courts are currently not with clubs, is that right? If so you can rule them out because Barrowman said the preferred candidate was with another club, but not necessarily a manager.

Courts is presently under contract for a Saudi club as a coach and has only recently taken up the post. I very much doubt he will be giving that up so soon after starting 

Edited by spot on

Notable that the Peter Leven rumours seem to have died down a little, yet there’s some persistence with the Scott Brown chat. Slightly comical that I’ve now read/heard four different locales for Scott Brown’s abode this past week, all used as reasons for him looking/not looking for a move.

Touched upon already but the club having an apparent iron grip on the information, with no leaks to date, is pretty impressive.

14 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Notable that the Peter Leven rumours seem to have died down a little, yet there’s some persistence with the Scott Brown chat. Slightly comical that I’ve now read/heard four different locales for Scott Brown’s abode this past week, all used as reasons for him looking/not looking for a move.

Touched upon already but the club having an apparent iron grip on the information, with no leaks to date, is pretty impressive.

Either that or there is very little actual news to be leaked. Our first 1/2/3 choices may have said no or we've been refused permission to speak to them. 

Brown for me would be a gamble on a lot of levels. Does anyone know of anyone who the club have spoken to? I was told Brown had been to Starks, cant see that as he would have been seen surely!

1 minute ago, edin rover said:

Either that or there is very little actual news to be leaked. Our first 1/2/3 choices may have said no or we've been refused permission to speak to them. 

Brown for me would be a gamble on a lot of levels. Does anyone know of anyone who the club have spoken to? I was told Brown had been to Starks, cant see that as he would have been seen surely!

If Brown had been for talks then the news would’ve been out via our press guys at the Ayrshire Post. 

It’s been very much business as usual with the club and we’ve heard from Brown and the chairman this week so far. 

2 minutes ago, edin rover said:

I was told Brown had been to Starks, cant see that as he would have been seen surely!

Is there someone permanently camped on the ramp checking who goes in and out?

It would be hilarious if he was met at the Spiral Weave and told, right from here on in you're in the boot until we say you're safe.

Purely in the name of speculation, is it not also entirely possible meetings/interviews have taken place away from Stark’s Park?

Plenty of hotels around where conference rooms or such could be booked out.

I can confirm I saw a few folk of non-playing Rovers employ in the Novar yesterday. I can also confirm they were not interviewing a candidate.

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

You obviously don't know much about at least one of your current management team.....

The Brown rumour doesn’t seem to be going away. Where does Brown live these days? Is the travel possibly too much if he lives over this way? Complete guesswork with no substance, I should add. It’s just the most persistent of the stories so far. Would be sensational with us having Ayr away a week on Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The Brown rumour doesn’t seem to be going away. Where does Brown live these days? Is the travel possibly too much if he lives over this way? Complete guesswork with no substance, I should add. It’s just the most persistent of the stories so far. Would be sensational with us having Ayr away a week on Saturday. 

I know he’s from Fife but pretty sure he lives in Edinburgh now. Travelling along that bypass and all the way along the M8/M77 to Ayr every day cant be enjoyable! 

Edited by Jilted John

3 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I know he’s from Fife but pretty sure he lives in Edinburgh now. Travelling along that bypass and all the way along the M8/M74 to Ayr every day cant be enjoyable! 

It probably wouldn't be IMO, however he doesn't.

11 hours ago, spot on said:

Courts is presently under contract for a Saudi club as a coach and has only recently taken up the post. I very much doubt he will be giving that up so soon after starting 

Is he 100% under contract?  I remember seeing in the last month or 2 that he was in advanced talks, but I never seen anything to say he was working there. I may just have missed it though!

3 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Is he 100% under contract?  I remember seeing in the last month or 2 that he was in advanced talks, but I never seen anything to say he was working there. I may just have missed it though!

He's there as a coach not a manager.

Scott Brown is never going to leave Ayr for us with the squad he's been allowed to assemble. 

Liam Fox is a big no from me.

Id quite like to see what Peter Leven could do. My favourite is still Rhys McCabe.