Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I can’t even be arsed making up stupid shouts for manager anymore. f**king hurry up and get someone in!

Why?

No matter who they appoint they,ll still get pelters from the moaning section of our fukin support

8 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why?

No matter who they appoint they,ll still get pelters from the moaning section of our fukin support

Why what? Why appoint a new manager quickly? Because we’ve sacked our actual manager, replaced him with the back room staff and the team looks lost. How many weeks start are you willing to give our competitors? 

This should be the season where we push on and challenge for the league again, and with no team like Dundee United in the league, we should have a better chance.

Looking at that yesterday, it’s not happening unless someone comes in and sorts them out.

Edited by Scary Bear

50 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Why what? Why appoint a new manager quickly? Because we’ve sacked our actual manager, replaced him with the back room staff and the team looks lost. How many weeks start are you willing to give our competitors? 

This should be the season where we push on and challenge for the league again, and with no team like Dundee United in the league, we should have a better chance.

Looking at that yesterday, it’s not happening unless someone comes in and sorts them out.

Really? You think we looked lost yesterday? You don't think we played well? Toothless yes, but created enough good chances to win the game. 

The team does not look lost. We were short of 4 or 5 x 1st team starters, who are on the way back, and everyone agrees we need help up front. With that in mind, yesterday was a solid performance which reflected our personnel issues.

Anyone who thinks that having no permanent manager is not affecting the team and everything around the club really needs to give their head a wobble.

2nd bottom after 4, 1 derby defeat away from bottom

No goals from open play, no "strikers" in squad.

Shocking injury list

High profile rejections of managers role

Fan base divided

f**king great decision by the BoD. The happy clappers need to get their heads out of the sand here. We are deep in the brown stuff and it all stems from the sacking and the failure to deal with whatever has led to it in a timely manner (which I personally do not believe had anything to do with performance/result).

I've been pleased with everything that's gone on last season but for me, all credit is 1 game away from being spent. 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Really? You think we looked lost yesterday? You don't think we played well? 

To be fair it's his first time attending a game since we won the cup in 94.

48 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

Anyone who thinks that having no permanent manager is not affecting the team and everything around the club really needs to give their head a wobble.

2nd bottom after 4, 1 derby defeat away from bottom

No goals from open play, no "strikers" in squad.

Shocking injury list

High profile rejections of managers role

Fan base divided

f**king great decision by the BoD. The happy clappers need to get their heads out of the sand here. We are deep in the brown stuff and it all stems from the sacking and the failure to deal with whatever has led to it in a timely manner (which I personally do not believe had anything to do with performance/result).

I've been pleased with everything that's gone on last season but for me, all credit is 1 game away from being spent. 

I wasn't at the Ayr game, but yesterday and to a lesser extent the Partick game was clearly better than we had seen in league cup, pre season and Airdrie (yesterday significantly so)

It doesn't "all" stem from the sacking.  The first 3 points you state were all present when Murray was in post early doors, and they at least partly fell under his remit.  

A large part of the bother we are in is down to how we've been set coming into the season.

There is a huge amount of pressure on the board though, the optics are pretty terrible from the outside.  

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I wasn't at the Ayr game, but yesterday and to a lesser extent the Partick game was clearly better than we had seen in league cup, pre season and Airdrie (yesterday significantly so)

It doesn't "all" stem from the sacking.  The first 3 points you state were all present when Murray was in post early doors, and they at least partly fell under his remit.  

A large part of the bother we are in is down to how we've been set coming into the season.

There is a huge amount of pressure on the board though, the optics are pretty terrible from the outside.  

Pressure increased by their actions ( or lack of action) on the manager front, if we sign another 3 players and use the budget up what decent manager will want that? Can I ask where in the main stand was Berra sitting yesterday? Anyone see him?

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Really? You think we looked lost yesterday? You don't think we played well? Toothless yes, but created enough good chances to win the game. 

The team does not look lost. We were short of 4 or 5 x 1st team starters, who are on the way back, and everyone agrees we need help up front. With that in mind, yesterday was a solid performance which reflected our personnel issues.

I didn’t enjoy the game yesterday. I think in an attacking sense we didn’t seem to have much of a plan. That said, we didn’t deserve to lose, but we did. 

I agree we’re missing key players. The main losses were Vaughan (who came on as sub), Stanton and Brown. Hamilton may have made a difference given the number of hopeful crosses we put in. 

I think any club needs a good leader. Murray was a good leader. He’s gone and we need another good leader. We’re four games into the season and we’ve three points. I’ll be interested to see how many points we have after the first quarter and how much catching up we’ll need to do to try and recover the season.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Nice selective quoting. I said it all stems from the sacking AND the failure to deal with whatever has led to it in a timely manner.

We've gone from everything being positive to incredibly negative in the space of 3.months. Something was clearly up by the Airdrie game, you could see it the performance/body language of the players and then THAT post match interview. 

For Barrowman to come out and say it's about performances is ridiculous. It's incredibly arrogant given our finish and is a red flag for any replacement. Like I said before, I don't believe it was true anyway. It would have been better to be honest and admit that there's been a breakdown in relationships and it was best for Murray to move on.

Regardless of what was the real reason, it didn't happen overnight so it's a complete failure to allow it roll over into the start of the season. The destabilising effect is clear and the season looks dead before it's got going. Even worse, we might be battling at the wrong end of the table which was inconceivable at full time up in Dingwall back in May. 

There needs to be certainty ASAP. If that means announcing Potter/Cameron until January or longer then so be it. It's a complete failure but at least it puts it to bed and we move on. 

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Pressure increased by their actions ( or lack of action) on the manager front, if we sign another 3 players and use the budget up what decent manager will want that? Can I ask where in the main stand was Berra sitting yesterday? Anyone see him?

Yeah was sitting along from me, near the announcer box. Left just before the goal. Looked like he was scouting for someone as he was writing loads down on a notebook.

44 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Yeah was sitting along from me, near the announcer box. Left just before the goal. Looked like he was scouting for someone as he was writing loads down on a notebook.

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Berra on the radio before saying he does scouting. Sounds exactly like what he was doing. This nonsense of casually suggesting it could be more is exactly how the Stanton crap started. Let’s not start jumping to conclusions again folks. 

40 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Berra on the radio before saying he does scouting. Sounds exactly like what he was doing. This nonsense of casually suggesting it could be more is exactly how the Stanton crap started. Let’s not start jumping to conclusions again folks. 

Just asked the question because I would rather not have him anywhere near our club, big difference compared to nonsense about stants tbh 

Edited by Been going too long