Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've said for 3 weeks that I'd love Alex Neil to get the job.

As the accies fan said above though, I suspect he'd be going to a bigger club than Rovers if he was coming back to Scotland.

Having said that, he made his name taking an unfancied side to the Premiership and establishing them there.  That got him a big move before.  There could be some logic in him trying to repeat that with Rovers to get another chance at a bigger team.  He'll be in the frame for far more jobs if he's doing well with us than he would be sitting on his arse.  The flip side of that of course is that if he comes to us and we're shite, he probably ruins his chances.  

He is only 43 though so plenty of time for him to work his way back up again.

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

I've said for 3 weeks that I'd love Alex Neil to get the job.

As the accies fan said above though, I suspect he'd be going to a bigger club than Rovers if he was coming back to Scotland.

Having said that, he made his name taking an unfancied side to the Premiership and establishing them there.  That got him a big move before.  There could be some logic in him trying to repeat that with Rovers to get another chance at a bigger team.  He'll be in the frame for far more jobs if he's doing well with us than he would be sitting on his arse.  The flip side of that of course is that if he comes to us and we're shite, he probably ruins his chances.  

He is only 43 though so plenty of time for him to work his way back up again.

Would imagine he will be sitting comfortably getting paid his wage doing nothing until his contract runs out...

57 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Pretty sure he's said the same thing every week hoping to be right eventually.

If someone keeps saying "it's happening tomorrow!" 

Eventually they'll be right.

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Would imagine he will be sitting comfortably getting paid his wage doing nothing until his contract runs out...

Quite probably.

Possibly theres a clause that if he accepts another job his severance payment is affected.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Quite probably.

Possibly theres a clause that if he accepts another job his severance payment is affected.

What kind of salary is the Raith managers gig...  150k p a probably less

What about bringing Chatgpt in as manager? It can't turn down the role and would be very cheap:

Given the circumstances and the opponent, I would recommend **Raith Rovers use the 4-3-3 formation** against Livingston.

### Reasons:
1. **Balance Between Defense and Attack:** The 4-3-3 provides a solid back four to deal with Livingston's physical play while maintaining enough offensive presence to stretch their defense.
2. **Width in Attack:** The wide wingers in a 4-3-3 can exploit space on the flanks, which could be effective in pulling Livingston's defenders out of position and creating opportunities.
3. **Midfield Control:** With three midfielders, Raith can keep the center of the pitch organized, maintaining possession and transitioning smoothly between defense and attack.

This formation should give Raith Rovers flexibility to defend well and still pose a threat going forward.

If Alex Neil was willing to manage a Scottish club just now rather than wait for another English offer to come around then he'd have got the Aberdeen or Hibs job in the summer.

There is absolutely no chance he's going to be the next Raith manager, this is a wilder shout than Falkirk fans thinking they had a chance of Jack Ross when they were mid-table in League One and he'd just left Hibs.