Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Theres Neil Lennon, Alex Neil, Barry Robson, David Moyes, all out of work, and maybe after tonight Derek Mcinnes, if theres all that cash available to appoint someone from over the irish sea and the costs involved,  it might tempt someone a bit higher up the chain 

1. Why would Derek McInnes be out of work after tonight? 

2. Am I reading the names Alex Neil, David Moyes and Derek McInnes on a Raith's Next Manager thread? 

Have I been in a coma for a while or something? 

Theres Neil Lennon, Alex Neil, Barry Robson, David Moyes, all out of work, and maybe after tonight Derek Mcinnes, if theres all that cash available to appoint someone from over the irish sea and the costs involved,  it might tempt someone a bit higher up the chain 

Come on now.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

2. Am I reading the names Alex Neil, David Moyes and Derek McInnes on a Raith's Next Manager thread? 

Not saying I think they are any more likely to come in than you do, but a name of that level is more the kind I was expecting to be announced a day or two after the unexpected / slightly pre-emptive sacking for it to make sense. 

Alex Neil and David Moyes in the same group as Barry Robson quiz scottish GIF

Just saying, so don't jump on this negatively, but we might have missed a bit of a left field candidate in our own Robbie Raeside. Gone from St Andrews to be manager at Hill of Breath Hawthorns. He has all the badges necessary if that is considered to be important. Remember Jimmy Nicholl came out of nowhere as far as names at that time were being considered.

2 minutes ago, embow said:

Just saying, so don't jump on this negatively, but we might have missed a bit of a left field candidate in our own Robbie Raeside. Gone from St Andrews to be manager at Hill of Breath Hawthorns. He has all the badges necessary if that is considered to be important. Remember Jimmy Nicholl came out of nowhere as far as names at that time were being considered.

Being realistic, there's nothing to suggest he's in for the job and or that he should be. He'd not get linked with any other job at this level. He's been out of the professional game since 2009 when he was at Arbroath. 

If we went in for a manager who has only two jobs at non league level simply because they're an ex player with badges then there would be serious questions to be asked. 

We shouldn't be giving folk the job based on them having coaching badges and playing for us during the early 90s. I wouldn't say it's being negative to overlook him. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Will Danny Lennon be wanting Inchkeith for his island of boys. 

I vaguely recall this. Did he say something about the only way to get better football players coming through was to take them out of Scottish culture and stick them on an island?

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

It's all getting heated on here which is strange as the subject is actually going stale. 

I'd have liked Peter Leven, McCabe, Ross, Neil  or Courts none of which it seems remotely likely now, if they ever were in the 1st place.

The likes of Gary Bower, Healey or Clancy are I'd think unlikely as any would involve uprooting manager and family from another country at expense to the Rovers, the former two from within GB & NI ands the latter from a nation that would require more legislative hoops to jump through and red tape to cross, to wit I can't see it happen.

The other names being mentioned: Hughes, Thomson, Bullen, Hartley, Dodds, McCann, Ferguson (Ian or Dunc), McCall, McIntyre, Fox and Potter & Cameron all give the fear.

Unless someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat I fear we are in grave danger of appointing a new manager who isn't even nearly as good as the one we've just sacked.

Danny Lennon or preferably Robson for me now.

His name isn't going away. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It was an example of managers available, IF we're spending a high amount of money paying out compo twice and relocation costs, temporary accommodation etc getting someone from across the water, and if Killie dont score a goal tonight Mcinnes jacket could be on a shakey peg.... for fecks sake go back into your coma 😂