Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

If you're a coach like Leven, these are the exact reasons why i'd be saying no thanks to the job. First time as a manager with a squad you've not been able to shape yourself, a backroom staff you're not familiar with and no transfer window and the expectation is to win the league? Yeah, if you fail at that, your opportunity to be a manager is probably gone, who's taking a chance on a guy with 1 seasons experience and was sacked?

If Leven went to Raith and was sacked after getting papped out of the up playoffs, you'd think he'd still have a pretty decent shout at managing a full-time League 1 club the following season like *fingers crossed* Morton/QP.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

If Leven went to Raith and was sacked after getting papped out of the up playoffs, you'd think he'd still have a pretty decent shout at managing a full-time League 1 club the following season like *fingers crossed* Morton/QP.

I'm not convinced. I think clubs like that, if they go down will want the same as what Raith do, instant success. You're giving up what is ultimate security in your coaching job for a massive risk. Its going to take a hell of a convincing offer to move away from that. Regardless of ambition.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm not convinced. I think clubs like that, if they go down will want the same as what Raith do, instant success. You're giving up what is ultimate security in your coaching job for a massive risk. Its going to take a hell of a convincing offer to move away from that. Regardless of ambition.

You might well be right, but it's not 100 miles away from McPake getting the Dunfermline job. Leven just seems like quite a decent chap, so I wouldn't mind him managing in the Championship considering the majority of managers currently in it are bona fide wanks.

14 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

You might well be right, but it's not 100 miles away from McPake getting the Dunfermline job. Leven just seems like quite a decent chap, so I wouldn't mind him managing in the Championship considering the majority of managers currently in it are bona fide wanks.

I would too, but I think the expectations we've publicly stated a few times this season already puts him off. It's not that he's maybe lacking ambition for the challenge but it's high stakes to potentially end up being branded a failure over. 

15 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’ve heard Clancy has kinda told us to F off. Thank f**k as that perennial loser Jamie Hamill doesn’t set foot back here 

From where? 

I have spent the past few weeks thinking people where talking about a referee whenever I seen the name clancy, so I'm not sure some jobber in Irish football is a big loss tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’ve heard Clancy has kinda told us to F off. Thank f**k as that perennial loser Jamie Hamill doesn’t set foot back here 

You say that as if it wasn’t publicly discussed over the weekend.

Nobody really knows how firm the interest was but Clancy has said there has been no contact & he isn’t interested, in any case.

4 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Because he walked out on us on the eve of the season starting with no cb  replacements that’s why , citing retirement but I heard he fell out with Murray and said feck it 

So, just as a matter of interest, the reporting was he had some nagging niggles and wasn’t feeling the passion for the game. He advised IM, and then mutually agreed with the club to terminate his contract, rather than taking money for doing little or nothing. It gave us funds to get other players in. Where the knife in the back in that story?

21 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Just who would want to take over a team that has clearly said that the aim is promotion this season when they are already a good few points behind. Sacking a manager without warning will not be a selling point either. Good luck

Some managers will look at a club as a prospect. 

John McGlynn twice decided to jump ship to absolute binfire clubs from us because he thought it was a good opportunity. 

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So, just as a matter of interest, the reporting was he had some nagging niggles and wasn’t feeling the passion for the game. He advised IM, and then mutually agreed with the club to terminate his contract, rather than taking money for doing little or nothing. It gave us funds to get other players in. Where the knife in the back in that story?

If you believe it Tx, I heard different , he played every match just about that league cup campaign and friendlies think the “ niggles” would have shown up or discussed

Edited by Been going too long

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Some managers will look at a club as a prospect. 

John McGlynn twice decided to jump ship to absolute binfire clubs from us because he thought it was a good opportunity. 

And that has went well so far. McGlynn saw potential to reawaken a sleeping fair sized clubs fortunes. That he has so far achieved.  I really hope you get a suitable candidate but feel you may have dampened the appeal for some.

14 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Really? You think we looked lost yesterday? You don't think we played well? Toothless yes, but created enough good chances to win the game. 

The team does not look lost. We were short of 4 or 5 x 1st team starters, who are on the way back, and everyone agrees we need help up front. With that in mind, yesterday was a solid performance which reflected our personnel issues.

This is where I would beg to differ 4 or 5 first team starters? Stanton and Byrne of the players out would be the only 2 to probably have started as opposed to the starting line up today. 

Edited by foreverarover

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

If you believe it Tx, I heard different , he played every match just about that league cup campaign and friendlies think the “ niggles” would have shown up or discussed

I recall posting updates on FanTalk with him listed as probable, for what that's worth. Unfortunately, that whole archive is gone now. There is no arguing with the fact he waived his contract, saving the club all that money.

15 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

This is where I would beg to differ 4 or 5 first team starters? Stanton and Byrne of the players out would be the only 2 to probably have started as opposed to the starting line up today. 

Hamilton and Brown...

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I recall posting updates on FanTalk with him listed as probable, for what that's worth. Unfortunately, that whole archive is gone now. There is no arguing with the fact he waived his contract, saving the club all that money.

He did but hopefully he was just a spectator on Saturday watching two former clubs as I said previously his coaching record doesn’t stand scrutiny to Murray’s 

6 hours ago, Been going too long said:

He did but hopefully he was just a spectator on Saturday watching two former clubs as I said previously his coaching record doesn’t stand scrutiny to Murray’s 

And he’s been reported as being a two games these weekend, likely as scout…I think you can rest well, it’ll be a few more weeks.

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

And he’s been reported as being a two games these weekend, likely as scout…I think you can rest well, it’ll be a few more weeks.

I really hope it isn’t a few more weeks tx, we need a new captain for our ship. I honestly can’t think why it would take that long unless someone from Ireland is getting the job but wants to wait until there season ends

8 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Skipper Scott Brown.... surely?

Even softening the language to possible starters, we were missing Hamilton, Brown, Byrne, Fordyce, Stanton and Vaughan only played 25 minutes. There was little quality/ experience to freshen things up in the dying stages and some of the boys on the park were done. You can't shrug off the players missing as if it didn't have a bearing on us losing a late goal.