East Fife v Edinburgh City

It's a first time visit for me to Bayview, so looking forward to it.  Also a bonus with the new Leven line, so without the car I can have a few beers.

Football wise, our squad is looking a bit thin and hopefully I assume that we're bringing in loans over the next few weeks.  From watching games so far this season, we tend to be difficult to breakdown until the second half when legs start getting tired and was heart-breaking to lose 2 goals in the last 4 minutes last week.  

Talking about last week, East Fife's result was a bit of a shock as I have them as favourites to be near the top of the table.  

Edited by Bay Citizen

"To travel hopefully is better than to arrive" said a son of Edinburgh. I don't even travel hopefully. 

At least It's like a home match- a one stand ground that everybody seems to hate.

East Fife beat us 13-2 87 years ago. Hopefully that won't happen... 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Och!  don't be ridiculous Mr Bam

There's no way we would score 2 goals in the  same game! 

East Fife have been good so far in the league Cup groups and rightly hot favourites to win this game.

We're improving each week though,  so we'll see what happens next.

2-1 Fife maybe. 🤔 

Looking forward to it. 👍 

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

"To travel hopefully is better than to arrive" said a son of Edinburgh. I don't even travel hopefully. 

At least It's like a home match- a one stand ground that everybody seems to hate.

It will be a real treat to you compared with Meadowbank, a decent club for a pint before the game, plenty free parking for those taking the car,  a good pie shop in the ground & even from the one stand play can  be seen without 20/20 vision the only drawback is they charge league 1 prices to get in. Enjoy your away day compared to Meadowbank the only way is up.

Last week  was a bit of shock, not that we lost to a much improved Elgin side but to be trailing 3-0 after  50 minutes ! The players that came  on  made a difference pulling back a few goals back and i'd be surprised if  a couple of them haven't earned a  starting place for tomorrow.

We had two decent performances at home in the League cup with  3-0 and 4-0 victories so we really should  be favourites for tomorrow.

I think we will  go with  :

- Fleming -

-Docherty-  -Munro-   -Easton-  -Peggie-

-McManus-  -Norey-

-Healy-           -Trouten-          -Newton-

-Austin-

Not a bad prediction, think Shepherd would be a better shout for the first 60/70 minutes to run their defence ragged though.

Fingers crossed we have a 25 goalaseason trialist/loanee on the teamsheet tomorrow, ach, I'm allowed to dream. 

Looking forward to this one but a lot of that is down to be it being my first go on the new train line. 

Our rough plan is probably 1 or 2 at The East Dock Bar and then into the bar at the ground. Happy for any suggestions/amendments from East Fife fans, I hear the Shorehead Cafe is an artisan bakery or something these days?

We were slightly better than expected last week but I still think we're 5 loan signings away from being competitive in this league and the lack of options off the bench killed us against Stirling.

13 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Not a bad prediction, think Shepherd would be a better shout for the first 60/70 minutes to run their defence ragged though.

Fingers crossed we have a 25 goalaseason trialist/loanee on the teamsheet tomorrow, ach, I'm allowed to dream. 

Shepherd starting, Healy coming on last 20 mins

Awful stuff that. But a tremendous macaroni pie.

We were as poor as I'd expect but East Fife were not that much better. I think 0-0 would have been the correct result but if anyone was to win it was always going to be East Fife. 

New train line is great, well done to all involved in campaigning for that.

Awful  conditions ! Although we didn't play particularly well, we were in control for the whole game and the goals were inevitable.

Thought Keiran Miller was tremendous today. We badly need a CF to help Fash out/give him  a break.

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Awful stuff that. But a tremendous macaroni pie.

We were as poor as I'd expect but East Fife were not that much better. I think 0-0 would have been the correct result but if anyone was to win it was always going to be East Fife. 

New train line is great, well done to all involved in campaigning for that.

Hi, I’m planning to get the train myself. So may I ask, what stop u got off at?

Horrible game to watch, played in horrible windy conditions. Unless they can get some decent loanees in, then I fear for Edinburgh. Decent , stuffy defenders but nothing else to offer. It was only when he was being subbed, did I realise that Robbie Hamilton was actually on the pitch. I thought that it was going to finish goalless , even though EF were far superior but hey, rather play like that and get 3 points than play much beter and lose.. agree that a goal scoring loanee would be very welcome, but I think about 25 other sets of supporters would wish the same for their club.

I'd only been to New Bayview once before, on a cold night for a Scottish Cup tie. You get a nice view from the stand in the daytime at this time of year with Lower Largo Law in the background and the fields ripening nicely. 

I don't think there was two goals in it. Is Nathan Austin usually that immobile? I suppose he's there as a goal poacher (which City could do with). 

We can be a bit lightweight, brushed off too easily- seeing as anabolic steroids are illegal in football perhaps there's some other, legitimate, way of getting strength into the team..

spinach.jpg.0eb66aa0c4af0d2c8adcfd925264609f.jpg

(quite nice on toast with a poached egg)

I hadn't realised Scott Shepherd was going baldy... oh well, an all important game against Ronnie Bigg's Nose next week it is

23 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Hi, I’m planning to get the train myself. So may I ask, what stop u got off at?

Yeah just the Leven Station, end of the line and only a 10 minute wander to the ground. Takes just over an hour from Waverley

Got to disagree with the City fans who thought 2-0 wasn't a fair reflection of the game or that a draw would have been a fair result. Unless I'm forgetting something the sum total of what they offered in an attacking sense was a shot from range that McFarlane had to tip over the bar and one attack where they pinged a couple of decent balls into the box that just didn't connect. That was the most confident I've been in a long time that we'd wrapped up the 3 points with the first goal.

I thought we largely controlled that game whilst not being quite as sharp in the final 3rd as I'd have liked, we created enough chances to win that game.

I didn't think City would be the whipping boys some predicted before the season started and they don't look like that. They defend competently enough and look reasonably fit and organised but it'll be a tough old season if they can't find a way to put more pressure on their opponents.