Aberdeen v Still undefeated in Europe St Mirren

7 hours ago, Lex said:

It’s some comedown having to deal with bottom six clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen in the midst of our European run.

I see SK Brann have been given the weekend off from league duty to help them focus their attention and energy on their game against us next week. Naturally, no such foresight exists within Scotland, and we’ve been given an away game three hours drive from Paisley. 
It goes without saying that our priority has to be getting through that tie on Thursday, and the team we pick for this distraction on Sunday must be with that in mind. 
The SPFL clearly has no interest in giving our representatives in Europe the best chance of increasing the leagues declining coefficient, we’ll just have to do all we can, in spite of them. 

Quentin Tarantino Art GIF by hoppip

Boo-f**king-hoo 

I don’t remember us whining about coming back from Sweden to play in paisley the following weekend, or back from Greece to play in Glasgow, or back from Finland to play in Edinburgh or a trip to Kilmarnock off a home game vs PAOK. 

This is the reality of European football. 

A home tie on Thursday and moaning about a trip to Aberdeen. Laughable. Maybe European football isn't for you. Just a thought.

8 hours ago, Lex said:

I see SK Brann have been given the weekend off from league duty to help them focus their attention and energy on their game against us next week. Naturally, no such foresight exists within Scotland, and we’ve been given an away game three hours drive from Paisley. 
It goes without saying that our priority has to be getting through that tie on Thursday, and the team we pick for this distraction on Sunday must be with that in mind. 
The SPFL clearly has no interest in giving our representatives in Europe the best chance of increasing the leagues declining coefficient, we’ll just have to do all we can, in spite of them. 

Dearie me.

Ironically that was the only time we have managed to beat a team managed by McInnes in what, 30 odd games.

Looking forward to seeing Aberdeen, if this new manager can implement a similar sort of style Brann play, you guys are in for a treat. 

We weren't great in the first half against Hibs and for the majority of the game against Brann, would like to see an improved performance from us, especially from midfield but if it's a honking 0-0 and we pick up no injuries, I'll be happy with that.

2 hours ago, STFU_Donny said:

Quentin Tarantino Art GIF by hoppip

I don’t remember us whining about coming back from Sweden to play in paisley the following weekend, or back from Greece to play in Glasgow, or back from Finland to play in Edinburgh or a trip to Kilmarnock off a home game vs PAOK. 

This is the reality of European football. 

I think we were whining when we saw the state of all those performances.

We will juggle the lineup tomorrow for sure with Thursday in mind. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we are good enough to shuffle and still win against what is surely a stronger Don's. Would snap your hand off for a point but probably more important that we don't lose anyone important ahead of the bigger game in midweek. 

We're currently experiencing what it's like to have a very good manager in charge and Thelin is also a very good manager.

I fully expect Aberdeen to be much improved from last season, particularly at home.

I'll be happy if we come away with a point, but we'll have to play considerably better than we did on Thursday.

Two tough games in a week again is sure to stretch our resources to the limit. There's bound to be some of our squad players featuring tomorrow and perhaps we will have to be more defensive minded than in our game against Hibs last week. Let's hope Gogic isn't rested, he is such a pivotal player for us.

Aberdeen have been soft touches for us in the last couple of seasons but I'm certain that their new manager will make them stronger this season. Right now I'd bite your hand off for a draw tomorrow. But , then again, you never know. 🐑 🐑