Queen's v that lot down the road

Hopefully Queen's can bring in a striker and have McIntosh back, another decent defensive display from Queen's please.  Oh and Aiden Smith to get sent off.    2-1 Queen's will do nicely

Hopefully avoid any more injuries during the week and ideally a body or two back as well. I expect it'll be a pretty similar performance as it was today otherwise. A similar outcome would be delightful. If we can't win we need to make sure we don't lose. 

Hoping to make it down for this one.

Surprised this is a 3 pm kickoff tbf. Would've thunk most of the major networks would've wanted to broadcast this mega clash live, aye ...? 😎

4 hours ago, Rouky1 said:

Hopefully Queen's can bring in a striker and have McIntosh back, another decent defensive display from Queen's please.  Oh and Aiden Smith to get sent off.    2-1 Queen's will do nicely

Agree with that. Although down on manpower need the grit from today and a much better performance plus a new striker or Annan will run over the top of us. 

Listening to Murphy's interview post Cove it's clear that he knows there will be some "spice" in the derby match with him and Gibson going at each other's former clubs.  I'd like to think that he'll get that message through to the players during the week and that they'll be fully up for this one - I've no doubt that the Annan side will be up for it with so many ex-Queens players with a point to prove.  Hopefully, we'll have a decent crowd in for this one too which will help the game.

Real shame that we won't have Reece Lyon available for this as I think he's been the major signing for us in the summer.  Hoping that Dickenson will be fit though to maybe add some presence up front now that we have more cover in defence.  Haven't seen McIntosh yet, so would hope that he's fit for Saturday.  Liked what I saw of Walker up at EK and he seems to have done his chances no harm in the second half today so hope he can maybe start on Saturday.  Hewitt also seems to be a real solid signing, like what I've seen of him and young MacIntyre has come on well from last season.  Bring it on!

Really looking forward to this match. Impressive start by Annan but with some key players back and home advantage I hope we can take three points. It would be good to get a big crowd in. Hopefully 2k? Maybe I’m being too optimistic. Anyway I hope Annan do well this season too. Happy for them to finish 2nd to our first place 🤓 What a difference with this Queens team. 

A lot of interesting features to this game with both managers and a good few players known to both sets of fans.

Then there is the young talented loan players from Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough for Queens and from Hibs,Killie & Blackburn for Annan.

Both sides will be missing players through injury but it should still be a spicy game.Hope there is a good crowd there.

Brydon again! ... Hells bells, begining to wonder if Queens insist on a high susceptibility to injury before signing a player ...

Feels like we start every season with half the squad injured (aye, exageration I know - but it's begining to feel that way).

Any word on Dickenson for Saturday?

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Brydon again! ... Hells bells, begining to wonder if Queens insist on a high susceptibility to injury before signing a player ...

Feels like we start every season with half the squad injured (aye, exageration I know - but it's begining to feel that way).

Any word on Dickenson for Saturday?

Dickenson was working with physio and McIntosh back with the squad this week.

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh ffs!

Our injury picture is just ever more ridiculous.

Oh don't pish yer breeks - we lost influential midfielder from Ayr Utd. - Paul Smith for the season in a training accident.

Scott Hooper still no back yet.

And Tommy Muir ends up wi a fractured cheek bone last week.

Bring it on we're up for it.

8 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Oh don't pish yer breeks - we lost influential midfielder from Ayr Utd. - Paul Smith for the season in a training accident.*

Scott Hooper still no back yet.**

And Tommy Muir ends up wi a fractured cheek bone last week.***

Bring it on we're up for it.

We'll see your influential midfielder* (Lyon), your long term injured defender** (Church) and your possibly out for Saturday, important CB (Brydon)*** and raise you two strikers (McIntosh, Craik), and an important midfielder (Dickenson). 

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We'll see your influential midfielder* (Lyon), your long term injured defender** (Church) and your possibly out for Saturday, important CB (Brydon)*** and raise you two strikers (McIntosh, Craik), and an important midfielder (Dickenson). 

Interesting as well that we still need to bring in forward options. Annan pose a danger with Goss and Smith but have also brought in Wood and the kid from Hibs. Whilst our our defence and midfield ( when fit) is arguably the best in the league we look weaker than last year in striker terms and on paper inferior to Annan. I can’t make the game on Saturday but will be fascinated  to see how this plays out.