Queen's v that lot down the road

46 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

What will be the best pub to watch the Carlisle Barrow game? 1230 KO on Sky sports + . Always keep an eye out for our neighbours on the other side! 

I’d be surprised if any pubs would put that on with it clashing with Ipswich v Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Hauftimedraw said:

What will be the best pub to watch the Carlisle Barrow game? 1230 KO on Sky sports + . Always keep an eye out for our neighbours on the other side! 

^^^^ Big teams found. 

6 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Isn't that something of an oxymoron?  I mean, any pub that would choose to screen Carlisle v Barrow wouldn't be particularly high on my list ...

Giving up on catching the Cumbrian Derby. Straight on with main course and the clash of the tight uns!

Just now would settle for a draw but the way Annan have been playing won't be surprised to see us coming back down the 75 with all three points.

Prediction 

Qos 1 - Annan 2 ( Smith & Goss) 

Matty D to get straight red.

Mon th Annan.  Ca plane pour moi!

1 hour ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Giving up on catching the Cumbrian Derby. Straight on with main course and the clash of the tight uns!

Just now would settle for a draw but the way Annan have been playing won't be surprised to see us coming back down the 75 with all three points.

Prediction 

Qos 1 - Annan 2 ( Smith & Goss) 

Matty D to get straight red.

Mon th Annan.  Ca plane pour moi!

Yep, that's my nightmare senario !

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well that's about as good as we could have hoped for. Delighted to see so many bodies on the bench and more importantly, Brydon starting. 

IMG-20240817-WA0012.jpg

Who is the trialist?

On 14/08/2024 at 23:55, the philosopher said:

And Tommy Muir ends up wi a fractured cheek bone last week.

Fair play to the boy. Playing with a broken cheek bone and not even needing any protection - warrior!

Again, we weren't great.

Annan were able to get a grip of possession and territory for large chunks without threatening much until we were two up.

Dickenson seemed to make a difference.  

It's good that we've started well.  I don't think we'll keep winning by playing the way we've done during the last couple of games though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Again, we weren't great.

Annan were able to get a grip of possession and territory for large chunks without threatening much until we were two up.

Dickinson seemed to make a difference.  

It's good that we've started well.  I don't think we'll keep winning by playing the way we've done during the last couple of games though.

Do you not think it's perhaps part of the plan? That's two weeks in a row the opposition have had a lot of the ball without seriously threatening us and we grab a couple of goals to take the win (should have been more today). 

I'll gladly take winning this way if it gives us a title. I'm not seeing anything out there to suggest we can't keep winning this way either. 

FWIW I thought we were very good today. We were far better in the first half than last week and should have been going in 2 up (arguably 2-1 given Stewart's fantastic save). We looked dangerous every time we went forward in the second half as well with Annan only getting in after the game was dead. 

So much to like about this side. They can handle the pressure well for large spells and actually look like they give a f**k. Murphy again getting the subs spot on for me - I'd have taken McKechnie off again... Some finish from him. Benji looked a bit off it again until he was pushed further forward then looked a real handful. I think when Lyon comes back it'll be like 2 new signings if it allows Benji to push further forward. Two home games and 6 points. Delightful so far. 

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Again, we weren't great.

Dickinson seemed to make a difference.  

Really? We defended well, controlled possession for most of the first half, created a few chances and took two of them.

If you werent happy with that performance you're going to be in for a disappointing season.

I thought we played some nice stuff at times and that was as comfortable 2-0 win as you'll see.

With Dickenson, McIntosh and Lyon all to come back into the team, we should get even better

Annan's Ex Stars 2  Queens' Rejects 0

3 from 12 

Was it Smith booked for diving (again)?

McKechnie's frustrating as hell, does next to nowt then nets a beauty of a goal. I would have hooked him instead of Kennedy, shows what I know.

Rode our luck a wee bit, Annan had a good spell at the start of the 2nd half, Queens subs made a big difference but  thought Walker was doing very good before being hooked. 

Two wins in a row at Palmerston, hopefully a trend that continues, I doubt we'd be in this position if our home form had been better in the past couple of seasons. 

1 minute ago, Roland Yirmaw said:

Murphy masterclass from the worst full time team in Scottish fitba 

Would you like some vinegar with those salty tears?