As much as the new media efforts from the club are impressive, I don't think I could take an 18 minute long video about that game.

Haven't seen McCall's interview but the comment about Hamilton is ridiculous.  He should be playing centre half every week.  People are very quick to defend McCall but more often than not his team selections are baffling, then resorts to Plan B of putting Logan on (not sure if it is Plan B as that would imply he has a Plan A)

33 minutes ago, Cannibal said:

As much as the new media efforts from the club are impressive, I don't think I could take an 18 minute long video about that game.

Haven't seen McCall's interview but the comment about Hamilton is ridiculous.  He should be playing centre half every week.  People are very quick to defend McCall but more often than not his team selections are baffling, then resorts to Plan B of putting Logan on (not sure if it is Plan B as that would imply he has a Plan A)

Spot on, obviously shouts of get to f**k or whatever are mental but the guy isn’t completely immune from criticism. If you are having to make multiple changes at half time then mistakes have been made.

His comments on Hamilton were strange, after his midweek performance I thought Hynes would start. Can see why he was brought on at half time but Hamilton absolutely must be one of the two CBs.

I’m trying to think back to last season and how we got the best out of JA. One of the reasons he didn’t succeed at Falkirk is because he didn’t fit their system of being the lone striker. It seems this season he is often isolated and having balls shelled at him. Why don’t we try playing JA with big Logan as a partnership?

Strange comment to make re Hamilton aye. Thinking further into it does that mean Hamilton will be at RB from now on whether Houstons fit or not? Or if Houstons his preferred choice at RB is Hamilton seriously going to be sitting on the bench? 

FWIW I thought Hamilton was excellent at RB against Thistle but as others have said he's clearly our best CB (I don't know enough about other teams to confidently say he's the leagues best) and should be starting there every week. 

9 minutes ago, CM. said:

Strange comment to make re Hamilton aye. Thinking further into it does that mean Hamilton will be at RB from now on whether Houstons fit or not? Or if Houstons his preferred choice at RB is Hamilton seriously going to be sitting on the bench? 

FWIW I thought Hamilton was excellent at RB against Thistle but as others have said he's clearly our best CB (I don't know enough about other teams to confidently say he's the leagues best) and should be starting there every week. 

Just like to point out that Hamilton has played most of his career at RB. He has been used as a CB at Stirling, Berwick, Edinburgh and Clyde under various managers but maybe McCall does see RB as being his “natural position”? I don’t know, but him playing there is not as baffling as it may seem.

Can understand why some Clyde fans think they battered us (maybe they did). But they played into our hands with so many crosses that ultimately didn't amount to much. I'm still forming opinions on our new-look team, but I think we're pretty solid defensively. That won us the game yesterday - and taking our chances when they came.

Yesterday was frustrating we dominated possesion but it led to either timid or wasted chances, Connell should be scoring that one he had in the second half and we probably would have gone on to win. I can see why Logan was brought on with the amount of crosses and corners we had but I thought we could have waited a little  longer for that sub with JA9. I still think we need a consistant playmaker in the midfield we are so slow in getting the ball forward, I just feel we are missing that link betwen the midfield and the forwards someone in the Dylan Easton mould maybe Lee Connolly is that player but I haven't seen enough from him to say that he is. 

Hopefully IM is still looking at loans to come in, Heard yesterday Cuddihy might be back next week so that is a boost.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Just like to point out that Hamilton has played most of his career at RB. He has been used as a CB at Stirling, Berwick, Edinburgh and Clyde under various managers but maybe McCall does see RB as being his “natural position”? I don’t know, but him playing there is not as baffling as it may seem.

Just baffling in terms of how colossal he was at CB last season keeping us up. I have no doubt he can play the position and play it well but would much rather have him in the middle.

The issue of creativity in midfield has been a problem for years now, this year with all the midfield options we have it’s still an issue.. maybe I’m going to be controversial here; but I’d love to see Murdoch as our holding midfield player and have another beside him either bombing on or capable of taking players on and creating space. That would mean that it’s Ray Grant who drops out. Obviously that could only happen if we found such a player from somewhere. As I say controversial as Grant is a good and popular player but to my mind we move the ball too slowly and from far a too deep possession.
Im also not blaming Ray Grant for our lack of goals, just making an observation and comment on our midfield. 
On the Lee Hamilton debate, he may well have played full back previously but he is far and away our best CH, I’d go as far as to say he is our best player (Murdoch possibly becoming that) not having him at CH both in terms of ability but marshalling the back 4 is a ludicrous decision. 

6 hours ago, haufdaft said:

In McCall's post match interview he states the choice was between Hamilton playing in the right back position or being dropped from the team altogether. 

Is Howie better than Hamilton in the centre half position? Not from what I've seen. 

Agree, it is Hamilton and one of either Howie and McKay if you are playing a back 4.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

Lee Hamilton missed the match on Wednesday and also missed one training session to my knowledge.  This may also have factored in to any half time decision yesterday and I don't believe for one second Ian McCall does not rate Lee Hamilton as a starting central defender.  In May he described him as potentially Championship level defender.  

Edited by Adolfo Rios

The problem McCall's having is obviously that we are pretty small. There's hardly anything between Howie and McKay; the former anticipates danger better but has a brainfart in him, the latter is better and more aggressive aerially but doesn't read the game quite as well. Totally agree with others and it should be Hamilton +1, but the fact he is okay at right-back gives McCall the tempting option of adding more height to the team with a taller centre-back and full-back. Handy for defending set pieces, but it makes our central defensive unit a bit weaker in open play and nullifies our attacking threat down the right. For me, we should just take the hit and prioritise not giving set pieces away, as it's obvious we have the personnel to be able to control games.

Rennie's form has been pretty up and down, but so too has that of every other attacking player - I think singling him out is unfair. He's a big help with regard to controlling games as he protects and uses the ball far better than the likes of Connell and Redfern. He's one who helps with the height issue too, the only forward who offers us any besides Dunachie.

At this point, I'm not even sure what I would do about the striking situation. Connell, miss aside, was the best of the three yesterday once again so I think he's more than earned a run. Do we go with him alone, give Dunachie more game time to develop or stick with Allan and hope he can play his way out of this Ji Stevenson LARP? Very pleased it's Uncle Ian who has to make that call.

18 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

The problem McCall's having is obviously that we are pretty small. There's hardly anything between Howie and McKay; the former anticipates danger better but has a brainfart in him, the latter is better and more aggressive aerially but doesn't read the game quite as well. Totally agree with others and it should be Hamilton +1, but the fact he is okay at right-back gives McCall the tempting option of adding more height to the team with a taller centre-back and full-back. Handy for defending set pieces, but it makes our central defensive unit a bit weaker in open play and nullifies our attacking threat down the right. For me, we should just take the hit and prioritise not giving set pieces away, as it's obvious we have the personnel to be able to control games.

Rennie's form has been pretty up and down, but so too has that of every other attacking player - I think singling him out is unfair. He's a big help with regard to controlling games as he protects and uses the ball far better than the likes of Connell and Redfern. He's one who helps with the height issue too, the only forward who offers us any besides Dunachie.

At this point, I'm not even sure what I would do about the striking situation. Connell, miss aside, was the best of the three yesterday once again so I think he's more than earned a run. Do we go with him alone, give Dunachie more game time to develop or stick with Allan and hope he can play his way out of this Ji Stevenson LARP? Very pleased it's Uncle Ian who has to make that call.

I think Rennie gets singled out more because when he has a poor game he is completely anonymous on the park. With Scullion, for example, he never hides away even if things aren't going his way.

We didnt need Howie as Logan at CB

We certainly didnt need Mckay as we had 3 x CHs on books..

Now Moved Dunnachie to CF which hes still learning and if been honest when he came on yesterday we lost our shape and they didnt look like they were struggling..

Get Hamilton back to CH please and move put Howie to RB ?!

Frustrating indeed

Tough one to take for us but Stirling expertly capitalised on a bit of luck to take the lead. Some incidences of last ditch defending, the odd great save or fluffed finish from us but they mostly kept us at arms' length by restricting us to crosses, set pieces and tidy but harmless possession.

Think the "foul" in the build-up to the opener was a 50:50. Could have been awarded but it's a contact sport and we'll benefit from similar instances throughout the season. However, I do think Stirling were lucky to end the game with 11 on the pitch. Lunging tackle, nowhere near the ball and studs onto a planted ankle with force really should be a red.

On 17/08/2024 at 21:21, Beepee67 said:

Wasn't under siege, simply let Clyde have the ball & they couldn't break the defence down, Geach & Sula cleared everything & Gaston slowed the game down... stats can be deceiving at times, putting the ball in the net is what counts ..score reads 0-2 .... plus a bit of confidence & belief.. we all know what the situation was 6 weeks ago..  really pleased for AM & the trust between him &the player's 

Why not us eh 🤔

Always positive binos 🇵🇪 💪

Maybury is doing a brilliant job. Got his tactics absolutely spot on.  Something barely mentioned is we have a bit of an injury crisis with Hilson, Davidson, Milne, Denham and Ewan out injured. And still have Harkness to make his debut. The bench was basically made up of youngsters on Saturday. A brilliant 3 points. 

A couple of comments on this thread have included us being a poor outfit and nobody in our line-up getting in the Clyde team. Wouldn't swap the likes of Gaston and Carrick for anyone in this division. 

Credit where credit is due, getting the right tactics and putting the ball into the back of the net is the end result, pepper that with a bit of flair and bang we are all happy bunnies. Hopefully the Binos will continue to thwart other teams during the campaign and not only us. We on the other hand need to find the solution and be a bit more street wise. Yes we have on the face of things assembled on strong squad that should be top four at least, however I'm not suggesting we have a divine right as per Falkirkesque being billy big baws that we'll win the league, that unfortunately requires consistency and both physical and mental strengths throughout the campaign. Only three games in and lets see a dramatic turnaround in results over the next few games to install a winning confidence!!.... in other words ffs stop being the Clyde of the last 20 years

16 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Maybury is doing a brilliant job. Got his tactics absolutely spot on.

Hard agree. Somehow despite McCall's experience, he came away looking like the more naïve one.

16 hours ago, dave_binos said:

A couple of comments on this thread have included us being a poor outfit and nobody in our line-up getting in the Clyde team. Wouldn't swap the likes of Gaston and Carrick for anyone in this division. 

I also don't think I'd take any of the individual players over ours. This just reinforces how well Maybury played it and how much Stirling looked like more of a collective.

Can remember the last Stirling scored first and went on to win. Re Stirling tactics??  Stirling v Elgin was a similar affair. Elgin scored and sat back. The difference being, we hardly troubled their mid field, never mind their keeper. Elgin are a solid outfit.

Peterhead, Elgin, Spartan’s. Space for one more.

10 hours ago, JMDP said:

Clyde fans watching McGeachie stroll through that game and saying that no Stirling player would get in their team. Never change, lads. 

First time we've conceded to a League 2 side this season on Saturday. First time this season McGeachie has kept a clean sheet vs one. You played well, he's a good player. Let's not get carried away though