Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡

Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Thistle 🟡🔴  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Need to see them back again but the saves from Mackie in the first half and Donaldson in the second looked top notch. 

Ablade looks a right handful too, he'll cause teams issues. 

Was just pishing myself at how utterly immobile and generally inept Diack was/is. Doolan eventually twigged and the sub was streets ahead. By doing such inventive things as like, running, and closing players down.

We made much harder work of that than we needed to. Thought we were edging it 11v11 and could have been ahead through that Ross effort. The red card was pure stupidity and put us well on top but we were pretty sloppy on the ball with Tait being the worst culprit.

Second half we created plenty and could have been out of sight but for wasteful finishing and a great goal keeping performance (he was my MOTM). Good hits for both goals and we saw the game out comfortably thereafter. 

9pts from our opening three games Is a great return especially when most of us still think this team is capable of more than they've shown so far. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

Even with 11 men Partick looked pretty jobber. Expected them to be a cut above Queens Park and Dunfermline but they were very ordinary.

After the red card it was pretty much attack vs defense, summed up by Donaldson and Henderson repeatedly finding themselves in shooting range throughout the game. Henderson duly obliged by thundering one in but I thought the Partick keeper was close enough to get a hand to it  

Made it a bit more difficult for ourselves than we needed to with some unusually sloppy passing and finishing at times, and then conceding a goal out of no where (though there was a warning shot a few minutes before). Similar to the Queens Park game we dusted ourselves down, went up the other end and Spencer absolutely #bangs one just inside the post for some great scenes with yet another assist from Adams

Ref was a right diddy and don't think his assistants helped him much either 

Absolutely delighted with 9 points from 9 and already a bit of a gap opening up below. Onwards and upwards. COYB 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was just pishing myself at how utterly immobile and generally inept Diack was/is. Doolan eventually twigged and the sub was streets ahead. By doing such inventive things as like, running, and closing players down.

He was absolute dugmeat. Very funny when he just chested it out of play about 10 yards from the touchline.

It was nice having atmosphere back at the stadium for an ordinary league game, with some back and forth between fans. Some games in League One where there the away team would bring about 18 fans and a dug.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

The second we went down to ten men it was always going to be a real ask to take anything from the game.

The ref was just trying to be the centre of attention, thought he was poor for both sides if I’m honest. That said both yellows that led to the red look blatant, really daft from Stanway.   

I thought some of Falkirk’s play around our box was pretty neat, although our lack of press at times didn’t help us in that regard. I thought Falkirk would be one of the better teams this season, but you have started better than I expected so fair play.

Our line up was confusing, playing Nilsson on the wing and persisting with Wasiri at right back was an odd choice. Only positives  for us are Roberts is looking like a good keeper and Ablade made an instant impact when he came on, should be in with a shout for starting next weekend.

I am not at panic stations yet but it is a really poor start, have to be winning next week.

49 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Is muirhead out the picture or was he injured?

He is injured, been out for a few weeks. Meant to be back in around a week or two.

Really good win in the end. I don’t think we hit our heights but we did enough to deserve the three points. Game was ruined a little with the early red card. 

Its hard to know what may have happened had Thistle had 11 men but happy to take the three points anyway.

Some of the comments re how poor Thistle were are a bit unjustified given that they only had 10 players. 

Good start but long way to go and we will have tougher games against Thistle than today……

Although both teams didn't play amazingly well, it was a thoroughly entertaining game. Its great to have good away supports back at the stadium. 

Don't think there can be too many complaints over Partick's yellows. The sending off was crazy, what was he thinking. These games against 10 men are never easy and it proved they way again. 

Tait and Spencer not exactly brilliant today. Both struggling with their passing, especially Tait and like others say he needs to cut out these lunges as he'll be seeing red soon enough. Big Hendo different class today.  

Partick will be alright once they get through this wee sticky spell. The boy who came on upfront looks like he could be a handful. 

Actually thought Partick still posed a threat at 10 men on the counter, don't get me wrong they didn't come to much but still dangerous none the less, actually thought they done better when Stanway went off.

Ref was poor for both sides and the yellow for Alfie at the end was just silly.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Actually thought Partick still posed a threat at 10 men on the counter, don't get me wrong they didn't come to much but still dangerous none the less, actually thought they done better when Stanway went off.

Ref was poor for both sides and the yellow for Alfie at the end was just silly.

Once. They were generally shite going forward. Came for a point and got f**k all which was what they deserved 

Edited by BPM

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

Once. They were generally shite going forward. Came for a point and got f**k all which was what they deserved 

I think today's game and 3 points were a "Statement" .... lol 😂

Thought Falkirk looked very good going forward, and probably could’ve had a few more, if it wasn’t for a combination of being wasteful, a couple of great saves and some last-ditch defending. Henderson strolled it. 

Ref was absolutely horrendous today, had to be centre of attention all game. Game was over as a contest when Stanway stupidly got sent off. Not sure he went looking for a penalty, but still needless to give an already atrocious ref that decision to make.

The sooner we get Williams away from RB the better. Nilsson didn’t look interested at all, but I’d imagine he’d be more suited to RB. Not many pass marks today, aside from Ablade who looked very good when he came on and Fitzpatrick looked good in flashes. Roberts has impressed so far, but his kicking is terrible - although today this wasn’t helped by Diack being absolutely incapable of winning anything or holding the ball up. 

One point and one goal from the first three games is really poor for a team who should be challenging for the league. QP at Firhill next week is massive.

Nice to see a big noisy away support at TFS... thistle were utterly horrific.. nothing apart from battering it the general direction of our half...one good move got them a totally undeserved equaliser..goalie should've been sent off for time wasting...lots of cloggers no skill whatsoever...7-1 would've been fair