Arbroath's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Arbroath's next permanent manager?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

f**k me that list is terrifying. The thought of Yogi Hughes getting another job in Scottish fitba is a very scary one.

I’d want Stuart Petrie but I think we can definitely close the door on him ever being our manager imo. Ian Murray definitely unrealistic, as much as some of our fans seem to be deluding themselves.

My spiel, get Murray in now, he has potential taking Raith close last season, knows the championship and is a keen manager, give him. 1 year deal, cos he will be keen to impress and bigger teams than will be after him, if he took the Arbroath job, at least it keeps his hand in and gets mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

My spiel, get Murray in now, he has potential taking Raith close last season, knows the championship and is a keen manager, give him. 1 year deal, cos he will be keen to impress and bigger teams than will be after him, if he took the Arbroath job, at least it keeps his hand in and gets mentioned.

Dunno where he lives but he may well be waiting out McPake. 

What’s people’s thoughts on Darren Young? Won league below twice but appears to have not been very well backed when coming into this division. Bigger budget maybe be good?

Always thought he come across well and seemed like a leader but dunno if I’m just imagining that or making that up or not 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What’s people’s thoughts on Darren Young? Won league below twice but appears to have not been very well backed when coming into this division. Bigger budget maybe be good?

Always thought he come across well and seemed like a leader but dunno if I’m just imagining that or making that up or not 

Very good shout for Young . Young and very respected manager at this level . 

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was coming onto this thread to say exactly that.  I think Darren Young would be ideal for us.  Won leagues with part time teams, has been able to get a lot out of existing squads, can have part time players looking fit and playing decent football.  Oh, and wins games.  He should be top of any shortlist.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Young was well backed at East Fife, they had a really good squad of players with a few guys who didn't come cheap and he failed to get them promoted, then was eventually sacked with them bottom of the league cut adrift. Then failed to keep Stirling in this league. He's had 3 jobs in this division and Albion Rovers is the only team he's had relative success with. That said, given the list of names above, he's nowhere near the worst shout. The worst shout is Danny Lennon.