Unpopular music opinions

Hit me with your hottest of hot takes.

Their Satanic Majesties Request is much better and has aged far more gracefully than Sgt Peppers, even if it s a blatant rip-off.

Radiohead is Coldplay for middle-class people who went to uni. Dull, boring music. People only claim to like it as much as they do to match up with the critical opinion.

Good topic.

On Radiohead, one of my unpopular opinions for a while has been that The Bends is a far better album than OK Computer, and that folk missed The Bends at the time and over compensated by pretending OK Computer is more than it is. Except I've just done some research and seems like The Bends was actually highly rated at the time, so think I'm speaking rubbish on that! I do think OK Computer benefits at coming out when Britpop fatigue had (probably correctly) settled in.

My actual unpopular opinion at the moment is that the first Velvet Underground album with Nico is the worst of the four albums they released when they were going.

This is just going to be a thread of people falling over themselves to point out that they don't like a popular, successful act.

I can do that...

The Killers are absolute dog shit.

Anybody who doesn't switch the TV or radio off immediately when one of their songs is played is complicent in their crimes and should be tried at The Hague.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

The best thing Dave Grohl has done musically is that one Queens Of The Stone Age album he played drums on.

(I disagree), But on QOTSA, Kyuss is by far the best band Josh Homme's been apart of.

Edited by Jives Miguel

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

U2's best album is Zooropa.

I'll see that and raise you 'The Unforgettable Fire'.

The Bends is far superior to OK Computer. Everything after that was/is patchy.

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Britpop was mostly shite.

Britpop absolutely was, in terms of class, a pyramid. As wide a pyramid as Pythagoras could allow. 

That it was Oasis and Blur, and not Pulp and Suede that fought for the pinnacle is the issue that annoyed (past tense) me.