Unpopular music opinions

10 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Every AC/DC song sounds the exact same

I think even AC/DC fans would agree with that, to an extent.

See also: Motorhead, The Ramones, Red Hot Chili Peppers...

On 22/08/2024 at 11:53, BFTD said:

Grindcore is the pinnacle of mankind's musical endeavours.

Literally just came on the thread to share a Grindcore opinion! Here it is.

Grindcore should primarily be considered a punk subgenre before a metal subgenre.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

People who frequently go out their way to talk about music they don’t like are and always have been absolute c***s.

Agree with this. There are also definitely people who will like music right up until the point it gets popular then change their mind. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree with this. There are also definitely people who will like music right up until the point it gets popular then change their mind. 

It’s actually even worse the people who say they don’t care about certain music but still want to talk about it. Why do that?!

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s actually even worse the people who say they don’t care about certain music but still want to talk about it. Why do that?!

Bands often water-down and simplify their sound in the search for popular appeal and commerciality. I.e Biffy Clyro who used to make post-hardcore and math rock music like the below song before switching to their pop rock stuff. Or Metallica's rock phase in the 90s. I think its fair enough really to shit on them if you were a long-term fan turned away by this.

Edited by Jives Miguel

50 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Literally just came on the thread to share a Grindcore opinion! Here it is.

Grindcore should primarily be considered a punk subgenre before a metal subgenre.

Grindcore is just death metal without the guitar solos. I say this because it annoys bothe punks and metalheads.

18 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Bands often water-down and simplify their sound in the search for popular appeal and commerciality. I.e Biffy Clyro who used to make post-hardcore and math rock music like the below song before switching to their pop rock stuff. Or Metallica's rock phase in the 90s. I think its fair enough really to shit on them if you were a long-term fan turned away by this.

Of course they do, and that’s a legitimate criticism. But there are also people who fall over themselves to be seen not liking the ‘popular’ stuff.