St Mirren v Celtic 25.08.24 12.00 kick off.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Josh Rae, Josef Bursik and big Balcombe... Some amount of shite goalkeepers have been signed up as first choice this season.

Then Balcombe makes a brilliant double save, eh?

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Then Balcombe makes a brilliant double save, eh?

All well and good after he's played a part in gifting Celtic the lead and giving you an absolute mountain to climb to get anything out of the game.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

All well and good after he's played a part in gifting Celtic the lead and giving you an absolute mountain to climb to get anything out of the game.

Or, he just kept us in it. 😀 There’s nothing surer in forumland than typing someone is shite, then they do something very, very un-shite. 😎

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

and once more, Balcombe’s ‘distribution’ is fcuking gash…

Shite from St Mirren, complete shite.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Or, he just kept us in it. 😀 There’s nothing surer in forumland than typing someone is shite, then they do something very, very un-shite. 😎

He can have a MotM performance from now on in, but the likelihood is that he's already cost you the game. It's difficult as hell playing Celtic at the best of times, gifting them a 0-1 lead in the opening 10 minutes is almost impossible.

I mean, you were literally slating him moments earlier... I call him shite and you go on the defensive. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He can have a MotM performance from now on in, but the likelihood is that he's already cost you the game. It's difficult as hell playing Celtic at the best of times, gifting them a 0-1 lead in the opening 10 minutes is almost impossible.

I mean, you were literally slating him moments earlier... I call him shite and you go on the defensive. :lol:

Aye, right you are. Any St Mirren fan who frequents this forum knows we’ve been talking about Balcombe’s distribution from feet being poor recently, when it had been highlighted as one of his major strengths when we signed him. There are multiple aspects to a keeper’s strengths, and weaknesses. Balcombe’s distribution has been poor, that free kick early on was pish…his shot stopping hasn’t been pish… tempting fate here I know.

So caller, your point is?

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

Aye, right you are. Any St Mirren fan who frequents this forum knows we’ve been talking about Balcombe’s distribution from feet being poor recently, when it had been highlighted as one of his major strengths when we signed him. There are multiple aspects to a keeper’s strengths, snd weaknesses. Balcombe’s distribution has been poor, his shot stopping hasn’t… tempting fate here I know.

So caller, your point is?

That you've signed a shite keeper that's cost you a few goals already this season.

It's not that deep.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What a pointless game 😂

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Great. Entertainment. 

What are you on about? This is what everyone in Scotland wants to see.