St Mirren v Celtic 25.08.24 12.00 kick off.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

What are you on about? This is what everyone in Scotland wants to see.

The main problem is that it genuinely kind of is.

Celtic fans will tune in and enjoy the total mismatch, because they're like that.  Even lots of Rangers fans will watch, at least for some of the time, in case there's an unlikely slip.  

There is no way that a match featuring 2  well matched diddy sides would get more viewers.

It's depressing as Hell.  The unpalatable bit is that this is exactly how lots of fans want their football to be.  Media coverage both reflects and shapes this.

Time for my manifesto.

52 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I genuinely don't think the majority of OF fans would have even the slightest issue with this. They get off on watching their massively resourced teams duff up diddy teams. It's their raison d'etre.

Agreed. Doubt if the TV companies would have issues either. If the armchair Uglies fans keep paying to watch their teams make Scottish football boring, then they'll be happy.

The problem for both would be if, by some calamitous concatenation of events, the Uglies started losing regularly. The toothless shaven-headed hordes stop watching, TV revenues fall...

We can dream.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The main problem is that it genuinely kind of is.

Celtic fans will tune in and enjoy the total mismatch, because they're like that.  Even lots of Rangers fans will watch, at least for some of the time, in case there's an unlikely slip.  

There is no way that a match featuring 2  well matched diddy sides would get more viewers.

It's depressing as Hell.  The unpalatable bit is that this is exactly how lots of fans want their football to be.  Media coverage both reflects and shapes this.

Time for my manifesto.

And there will plenty of them going mental on twitter showing off stats about how great player xxx who has 52 goals in 28 games against riddy sides.

Lost 0-3 and our best player was the goalie. Boring. 
Four defeats in a row now. Need to get something at Dens next week, or this blip could quickly become a rut. 

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Lost 0-3 and our best player was the goalie. Boring. 
Four defeats in a row now. Need to get something at Dens next week, or this blip could quickly become a rut. 

Until we get a replacement for Kiltie and a striker we are f#cked

52 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Shocked to turn the game on and see St Mirren rolling over to Celtic.

Absolutely shocked.

A result and performance that should cause you satisfaction. Over the past few seasons, I have completely lost any last trace of wanting a diddy team to get anything off an ugly. I used to actively want the diddy to do something. There’s no point, none, zilch. I wasn’t upset to see Ross County succumb to an absolute horsing at Hampden - in case St Mirren’s season goes tits up and we’re down and dirty in the bottom six again. St Mirren’s fight isn’t with the uglies any more than Killie, Motherwell, Dundee United or Aberdeen’s fight is (to name only four). There clearly is a league of two, and the rest. Our fight is to see if we can mix it with the likes of Hearts, and maybe a resurgent Aberdeen… or, a Motherwell who have a good season, or Dundee. These days, play the U18s against them. Take an 8-0 over a 3 or 4 nil. Keep the first team for games that genuinely matter. I have absolutely no qualms, or shame, in saying I want the uglies to scud every one of St Mirren’s diddy rival clubs. None.

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

A result and performance that should cause you satisfaction. Over the past few seasons, I have completely lost any trace of wanting a diddy team to get anything off an ugly. I used to actively want the diddy to do something. There’s no point, none, zilch. I wasn’t upset to see Ross County succumb to an absolute horsing at Hampden - in case St Mirren’s season goes tits up and we’re down and dirty in the bottom six again. St Mirren’s fight isn’t with the uglies any more than Killie, Motherwell, Dundee United or Aberdeen’s fight is (to name only four). There clearly is a league of two, and the rest. Our fight is to see if we can mix it with the likes of Hearts, and maybe a resurgent Aberdeen… or, a Motherwell who have a good season, or Dundee. These days, play the U18s against them. Take an 8-0 over a 3 or 4 nil. Keep the first team for games that genuinely matter. I have absolutely no qualms, or shame, in saying I want the uglies to scud every one of St Mirren’s diddy rival clubs. None.

Enjoy your night pal.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

Which results do?

None of them. See list in signature text. Fcuked if I’m letting the fortunes of that lot influence my life beyond the full time whistles.

Just now, pozbaird said:

None of them. See list in signature text. Fcuked if I’m letting the fortunes of that lot influence my life beyond the full time whistles.

You did say your season as opposed to your life right enough.

I wish I was like that, the football absolutely f**ks me. If we win I get a massive boost and then you get the comedown later on.

When we lose it normally ruins the next day or 2.

Draws can be ok if they are boring but if you lose a last minute goal to draw or score one to draw then I suffer the same as above.

Since Covid and we got back to games the impact a game has on me feels a lot heavier than it ever was before.