Inverness v Queens

39 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, most Queens fans would take that (a draw), no worries.  We're powder puff up front so there's no way we'll be scoring freely this season.

I don't know. Bryden didn't get much time the other day but could have grabbed us an undeserved equaliser. At least he knew where to be. Jury out on McIntosh but he's barely featured so far. Once Lyon is fit I expect he'll chip in with a few as well as assists. We're not going to blow teams away this season but I fancy us to score once we're at full strength (if it ever happens...). 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't know. Bryden didn't get much time the other day but could have grabbed us an undeserved equaliser. At least he knew where to be. Jury out on McIntosh but he's barely featured so far. Once Lyon is fit I expect he'll chip in with a few as well as assists. We're not going to blow teams away this season but I fancy us to score once we're at full strength (if it ever happens...). 

Aye, seems to be like just getting one player back from injury whilst a couple of players pick up injuries.  Hopefully we'll be able to manage at least one game with a full quota available.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm kinda hoping that Reece Lyon makes the bench for Saturday, but I think he might just make a short cameo appearance if he does - can't see him getting 90 minutes immediately after his rehab.  Think this is going to be the story of our season though, one key player back from injury and another key player (Jack Brydon) out again through injury - plus of course Harry suspended for his predictable late tackle last Saturday.

46 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Is Stephen Dobbie still playing for these? 

He's a Senior Professional Development Phase coach at Blackpool now. He was their interim manager for the last 6 games of 2022/23 but failed to keep them up in the Championship despite getting 3 wins. 

55 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Is Stephen Dobbie still playing for these? 

51 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I believe so.

4 minutes ago, Connor Macleod said:

He's a Senior Professional Development Phase coach at Blackpool now. He was their interim manager for the last 6 games of 2022/23 but failed to keep them up in the Championship despite getting 3 wins. 

I wish!

Nah, he's retired from playing now as @Connor Macleod has just explained.  His legs had gone at the end of his second spell with us, although pace was never his forte tbf.  Some bloody player in his heyday though.

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Pretty sure that's a Morton fan at Palmerston ... funny as hell all the same! 😂

It is.

I seem to recall that he was the brother of a regular poster on here, but I can't remember who.

33 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm kinda hoping that Reece Lyon makes the bench for Saturday, but I think he might just make a short cameo appearance if he does - can't see him getting 90 minutes immediately after his rehab.  Think this is going to be the story of our season though, one key player back from injury and another key player (Jack Brydon) out again through injury - plus of course Harry suspended for his predictable late tackle last Saturday.

Aye I certainly wouldn't rush him back at this stage. Plenty of games left and I wouldn't want him risked given he's going to be a massive player for us. 

Hopefully Hannah comes in and we forget about Brydon. Wishful thinking on my part of course! 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I certainly wouldn't rush him back at this stage. Plenty of games left and I wouldn't want him risked given he's going to be a massive player for us. 

Hopefully Hannah comes in and we forget about Brydon. Wishful thinking on my part of course! 

Could be a baptism of fire for young Hannah, but he's the obvious fill in for Jack. Still, that's why Boro sent him to us, to get experience of first team fitba.

58 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Could be a baptism of fire for young Hannah, but he's the obvious fill in for Jack. Still, that's why Boro sent him to us, to get experience of first team fitba.

Even in the few minutes I’ve seen him Hannah looks steady. Would be great to get Lyon back. Worry is still getting goals but let’s see. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Struggling to decide what’s more boring, Duncan Ferguson’s football or Queen of the South FC. 

^^^^^  Trying too hard.

The answer is obviously Big Dunc's fitba.

51 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The answer is obviously Big Dunc's fitba.

That's temporary in the wider context of our clubs history and something that can be changed though

31 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Denzel Dumfries has a higher net worth than the village of Dumfries

^^^ the state of this ... trying way too hard ... 😂