WOSFL 24/25 - Who Owns Each Club/Park

16 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s interesting to see how many clubs are tenants nowadays .A sign of the times I suppose but can leave you at the mercy of unscrupulous landlords I suppose and that’s the danger as Rob Roy found out with the huge delays over their use of the new ground.

Who were the unscrupulous landlords involved with KRR? 

Oh the Kirkintilloch Community sports stadium is in EDC it's run by KRRFC charity wing Kirkintilloch community sports club With community sports club paying  operating costs of the facility in turn allowing them make money off it in rentals etc. 

4 hours ago, Parkranger said:

Who were the unscrupulous landlords involved with KRR? 

Oh the Kirkintilloch Community sports stadium is in EDC it's run by KRRFC charity wing Kirkintilloch community sports club With community sports club paying  operating costs of the facility in turn allowing them make money off it in rentals etc. 

I should have rephrased that -was more a general observation that if you are tenants then the landlords hold the upper hand and you rely on them playing ball literally !

Posted (edited)

Updated

There was and still is a lot of interest received about this subject in the Lowland section and there were quite a few posts/comments about grounds in the WOSFL and what can be done so thought a post dedicated to the WOSFL and their teams showing who owns their ground.

I'll hopefully update this as information is received on posts or messages, It would be great if you know who owns club/park etc...

I asked this question before as it's quite interesting for fans to know who owns their own club/ground in the WOSFL or is the ground leased or is it in a trust or is it owned by one person/couple of fans etc...

Any updates on this would be perfection thanks.

I think it's something that all fans of their clubs should know / be kept up to date as you don't want your club  / ground being sold without your knowledge. Fans should always have a say in what happens to their club.

Ardeer Thistle

Ardeer Stadium

Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Winton Park

Arthurlie

Dunterlie Park

Yes - Owned by members 

Ashfield

Stepford Centre

No -  Glasgow Council

Auchinleck Talbot

Beechwood Park

Beith

Bellsdale park

Bellshill

Rockburn Park

No - Council

Benburb 

New Tinto Park

Yes – Unsure How

Blantyre Victoria

Castle Park

Bonnyton Thistle

Bonnyton Park

No – Council?

BSC

Peterson Park

Caledonian Locos

Petershill Park

No  - Glasgow Council

Campbeltown Pupils

Kintyre Park

Cambuslang Rangers

Somerveil Park

Carluke Rovers

John Cumming Stad

No - South Lanarkshire Council

Clydebank

Holm Park

No - Council - Leased by Holm Park Community Football Academy

Craigmark Burtonians

Station Park

Cumbernauld United

Guy’s Meadow

Cumnock

Townhead Park

Dalry

Merksworth Park

Darvel

Recreation Park

Drumchapel United

Donald Dewar

No - Council

Easterhouses

Stepford Park

No - Council

East Kilbride Thistle

The Showpark

Eglington

Kilwinning Sprts Hub

No – Council

Finnart

Sprinburn Park

No – Council

Forth Wanderers

Kingshall Park

Gartcairn

MTC Park

No – North Lanarkshire Council

Giffnock SC

Eastwood Park

No - Council

Girvan

Hamilton Park

Glasgow Perthshire

Keppoch Park

Glasgow United

Greenfields park

Glasgow University

Excelsior Stadium

No

Glenafton Athletic

Loch Park

Glenvale

Ferguslie Sports Cent

No – Renfrewshire Council

Greenock

Ravenscraig Stadium

Hurlford United

Blair Park

Irvine Meadow

Meadow Park

Irvine Victoria

Victoria Park

Johnstone Burgh

Keanie Park

Kello Rovers

Nithsdale Park

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Valefield Park

Kilsyth Athetic

Kilsyth Sports Field

No - Council

Kilsyth Rangers

Duncansfield

Kilwinning Rangers

Buffs Park

No – Leased from Kilwinning Sports Club

Knightswood

Scotstoun Campus

No -  Council

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Kirky Sports Complex

No – E D Council

Lanark United

Moor Park

Largs Thistle

Barrfields Park

Larkhall Thistle

Gasworks Park

Lesmahagow

Craighead Park

Lugar Boswell Thistle

Rosebank Park

Maryhill

Lochburn Park

Maybole

Ladywell Park

Muirkirk

Burnside Park

Neilston

Brig O’ Lea

Newmains United

Victoria Park

Petershill

Petershill Park

No – Glasgow City Council

Pollok

Newlandsfield

Yes – Unsure how?

Port Glasgow

Parklea Sports

No – Local Council

Renfrew

New Western Park

Rossvale

Huntershill / Kirky Sports C

No – Both East Dumbartonshire Council

Royal Albert

Tileworks Park

No - Council

Rutherglen Glencairn

Hamish B, Allan Stadium

Yes - Run by members

Saltcoats Victoria

Campbell Park

Shotts Bon Accord

Hannah Park

St Antony’s

McKenna Park

No - Glasgow City Council

St Cadocs

New Tinto Park

No

St Peters

New Western Park

No

St Roch’s

James McGrory Park

Thorn Athletic

Thorn Athletic Sports Ac

Thorniewood United

Robertson park

Threave Rovers

Meadow Park

Troon

Portland Park

Vale of Clyde

Fullarton Park

Vale of Leven

Millburn Park

Yes - The Millburn Trust - Members

West Park United

Huntershill

No - Council

Whitletts Victoria

New Voluntary park

Wishaw

Beltane Park

Yoker Athletic

Holm Park

No - Council?

Again, anyone with addition information regarding who owns the park/club would be greatly appreciated.
Please excuse any error. All error will be rectified as soon as passible

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

13 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Does the term "member" (you're not welcome here, Kenneth Williams) denote a season ticket holder?

No.

Glencairn have Members and season ticket holders. You can be both or one or the other. Members are basically like shareholders, the Members actually part own the club and have access to General Meetings and the right to become a Management Committee member or an Office Bearer. Season ticket holders only have the right to get entry to home league matches, they have no voting rights in club matters.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:

No.

Glencairn have Members and season ticket holders. You can be both or one or the other. Members are basically like shareholders, the Members actually part own the club and have access to General Meetings and the right to become a Management Committee member or an Office Bearer. Season ticket holders only have the right to get entry to home league matches, they have no voting rights in club matters.

Exactly the same at Pollok

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Exactly the same at Pollok

7 hours ago, glensmad said:

No.

More than likely that at Talbot too. I'm ignorant when it comes to these things. Thanks for the replies.

41 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

More than likely that at Talbot too. I'm ignorant when it comes to these things. Thanks for the replies.

Please don't take it personal

You , ignorant, never.

Please ffs don't think, just contact the club and ask, we definitely cannot go on what you think.
Both the posters above have told us how their club operate and we all believe in their validity but if you said how your club would operate, no one except your pals would believe you, there a reason for that, work it out

52 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Actually you are a Talbot supporter, well go and be useful and try and find out who owns your favourite team and their ground and if its a trustee etc... and i will genuinely update it

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Actually you are a Talbot supporter, well go and be useful and try and find out who owns your favourite team and their ground and if its a trustee etc... and i will genuinely update it

There are many Talbot supporters better placed to do so than I am. I will leave you to your fact finding. Don't forget to feed the cat.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

There are many Talbot supporters better placed to do so than I am. I will leave you to your fact finding. Don't forget to feed the cat.

Low IQ genuine crackpots are best just left to it. 

Clydebank FC is owned by the UCS Football Trust.

The Trust is a members organisation which votes on the board each year. The board are all Trust members too. Members have to rejoin each year in order to retain their vote. Each member has the same voting rights.

On 28/08/2024 at 16:47, not man of the match said:

Clydebank FC is owned by the UCS Football Trust.

The Trust is a members organisation which votes on the board each year. The board are all Trust members too. Members have to rejoin each year in order to retain their vote. Each member has the same voting rights.

Not only owned by but is the Trust. Changed a few years back 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Not only owed by but is the Trust. Changed a few years back 

Is the ground owned by the Council and leased to the Trust?Which I think is the same or very similar to the Rob Roy model perhaps?

Edited by Lokloyal

40 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Is the ground owned by the Council and leased to the Trust?Which I think is the same or very similar to the Rob Roy model perhaps?

Council owned, run by Holm Park Community Football Academy which is comprised of the council, Clydebank and Yoker.

Posted (edited)

Updated

This WOSFL guide shows which teams own their own ground and which teams do not.
We see there are many clubs who don't own their parks, majority we knew about, some we did not.

I'll hopefully update this as information is received on posts or messages, It would be great if you know who owns club/park etc...

I asked this question before as it's quite interesting for fans to know

This guide is for all fans of their to be kept up to date of who owns their own club/ground in the WOSFL or is the ground leased or is it in a trust or is it owned by one person/couple of fans etc...   as you don't want your club  / ground being sold without your knowledge. Fans should always have a say in what happens to their club.

Ardeer Thistle

Ardeer Stadium

Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Winton Park

Arthurlie

Dunterlie Park

Yes - Owned by members 

Ashfield

Stepford Centre

No -  Glasgow Council

Auchinleck Talbot

Beechwood Park

Beith

Bellsdale park

Bellshill

Rockburn Park

No - Council

Benburb 

New Tinto Park

Yes – Unsure How

Blantyre Victoria

Castle Park

Bonnyton Thistle

Bonnyton Park

No – Council?

BSC

Peterson Park

Caledonian Locos

Petershill Park

No  - Glasgow Council

Campbeltown Pupils

Kintyre Park

Cambuslang Rangers

Somerveil Park

Carluke Rovers

John Cumming Stad

No - South Lanarkshire Council

Clydebank

Holm Park

No - Council - Leased by Holm Park Community Football Academy

Craigmark Burtonians

Station Park

Cumbernauld United

Guy’s Meadow

Cumnock

Townhead Park

Dalry

Merksworth Park

Darvel

Recreation Park

Drumchapel United

Donald Dewar

No - Council

Easterhouses

Stepford Park

No - Council

East Kilbride Thistle

The Showpark

Eglington

Kilwinning Sprts Hub

No – Council

Finnart

Sprinburn Park

No – Council

Forth Wanderers

Kingshall Park

Yes

Gartcairn

MTC Park

No – North Lanarkshire Council

Giffnock SC

Eastwood Park

No - Council

Girvan

Hamilton Park

Glasgow Perthshire

Keppoch Park

Glasgow United

Greenfields park

Glasgow University

Excelsior Stadium

No

Glenafton Athletic

Loch Park

Glenvale

Ferguslie Sports Cent

No – Renfrewshire Council

Greenock

Ravenscraig Stadium

Hurlford United

Blair Park

Irvine Meadow

Meadow Park

Irvine Victoria

Victoria Park

Johnstone Burgh

Keanie Park

Kello Rovers

Nithsdale Park

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Valefield Park

Kilsyth Athetic

Kilsyth Sports Field

No - Council

Kilsyth Rangers

Duncansfield

Kilwinning Rangers

Buffs Park

No – Leased from Kilwinning Sports Club

Knightswood

Scotstoun Campus

No -  Council

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Kirky Sports Complex

No – E D Council

Lanark United

Moor Park

Largs Thistle

Barrfields Park

Larkhall Thistle

Gasworks Park

Lesmahagow

Craighead Park

Lugar Boswell Thistle

Rosebank Park

Maryhill

Lochburn Park

Yes - FD Properties inc Supporters Trust

Maybole

Ladywell Park

Muirkirk

Burnside Park

Neilston

Brig O’ Lea

Newmains United

Victoria Park

Petershill

Petershill Park

No – Glasgow City Council

Pollok

Newlandsfield

Yes – Unsure how?

Port Glasgow

Parklea Sports

No – Local Council

Renfrew

New Western Park

Yes

Rossvale

Huntershill / Kirky Sports C

No – Both East Dumbartonshire Council

Royal Albert

Tileworks Park

No - Council

Rutherglen Glencairn

Hamish B, Allan Stadium

Yes - Run by members

Saltcoats Victoria

Campbell Park

Shotts Bon Accord

Hannah Park

St Antony’s

McKenna Park

No - Glasgow City Council

St Cadocs

New Tinto Park

No

St Peters

New Western Park

No

St Roch’s

James McGrory Park

Thorn Athletic

Thorn Athletic Sports Ac

Thorniewood United

Robertson park

Threave Rovers

Meadow Park

Troon

Portland Park

Vale of Clyde

Fullarton Park

Vale of Leven

Millburn Park

Yes - The Millburn Trust - Members

West Park United

Huntershill

No - Council

Whitletts Victoria

New Voluntary park

No Council Owned- Leased by Vics in the Community charity

Wishaw

Beltane Park

Yoker Athletic

Holm Park

No - Council?

Again, anyone with addition information regarding who owns the park/club would be greatly appreciated.
Please excuse any error. All error will be rectified as soon as passible.

Some clubs very hard to find information on who own their club/ground so any help is greatly appreciated

Lochburn was bought by Freddie Duda Sr in the early 90s as per here:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12289274.give-thanks-for-the-duda-day/

Since his death it's been held in trust for the club.

In terms of day to day governance, you'll probably find the 80 clubs of the WOS have 80 different ways of running things! At Maryhill, things are relatively informal compared to the seemingly byzantine committee structures I've heard of at other clubs...ultimately however the committee make the meaningful decisions as they're at the coalface.

Probably a good example of that fundamental informality working to our advantage was us moving across to the WOSFL; as it was clear I'd been following events and knew a lot of the back story I was temporarily assigned as the pyramid rep in order to attend the various meetings and prepare a report/recommendations and trusted to do it objectively on my tod.

A couple of days before the SJFA meeting at Hampden they changed it so that only chairmen and/or I think club secretaries should attend - there was a lot of disinformation and obfuscation flying around at that point and with no disrespect meant it was clear that night that a lot of those there had either not been briefed at all or briefed badly, in some cases only having the vaguest idea of what was actually going on - that fact was made abundantly clear by some of the statements released by clubs in the aftermath thinking they'd been invited into the LL and so on. We were one of a minority who ignored the diktat and just sent who we were going to send anyway, and so were able to make a final decision quickly despite the advent of COVID the following week.

Edited by Hillonearth

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Lochburn was bought by Freddie Duda Sr in the early 90s as per here:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12289274.give-thanks-for-the-duda-day/

Since his death it's been held in trust for the club.

In terms of day to day governance, you'll probably find the 80 clubs of the WOS have 80 different ways of running things! At Maryhill, things are relatively informal compared to the seemingly byzantine committee structures I've heard of at other clubs...ultimately however the committee make the meaningful decisions as they're at the coalface.

Probably a good example of that fundamental informality working to our advantage was us moving across to the WOSFL; as it was clear I'd been following events and knew a lot of the back story I was temporarily assigned as the pyramid rep in order to attend the various meetings and prepare a report/recommendations and trusted to do it objectively on my tod.

A couple of days before the SJFA meeting at Hampden they changed it so that only chairmen and/or I think club secretaries should attend - there was a lot of disinformation and obfuscation flying around at that point and with no disrespect meant it was clear that night that a lot of those there had either not been briefed at all or briefed badly, in some cases only having the vaguest idea of what was actually going on - that fact was made abundantly clear by some of the statements released by clubs in the aftermath thinking they'd been invited into the LL and so on. We were one of a minority who ignored the diktat and just sent who we were going to send anyway, and so were able to make a final decision quickly despite the advent of COVID the following week.

Superb post and very insightful and brings back memories of a lot that was going on at the time.
It great to see the club in a trust as since his death you do get the impression that he would have wanted Maryhill FC to be run by the supporters.

I think Maryhill Fc is in a superb location, right in the heart of Maryhill with a few catchment area around and potential to bring fans back more to the clubhouse for amazing nights and or back to watch the team.
I personally think an SFA license would breath new life back into Maryhill Fc but know its a big ask.
I take it, it's something that has been looked into? and I suppose even if Grass is preferred Astro has been looked into?

33 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I look back on that meeting at Hampden with a smile now, as I know how things turned out in the end, but the mis-information that was given out that meeting was incredible. You are correct, it was clear from the room that many of the clubs represented had no clue about what was actually happening. Fortunately two nights later the LL held their own information meeting at the Holiday Inn Express in East Kilbride, and almost all of the myths that had been presented at Hampden were blown away.