St Johnstone Vs Motherwell - The Liam Gordon Derby

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

How are Saints likely to approach the game without Sidibeh? Reductive to say they're a one man team obviously but from the outside I can't really think of a side in the league who seem less well-equipped to lose their main striker. 

The last few games Kimpioka has been the better of the two. Question is whether Levein sticks with the two up front and drops in Clark/Kirk as a direct replacement, or changes the shape up.

32 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, there's a difference between *bigging him up* and stating that he has been objectively good for us (he has) but aye...what the f**k are folk thinking running with this narrative.

Tempting fate much lads? Let's not do that.

Agreed. 

St Johnstone 0-1 Motherwell (Gordon)

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

How are Saints likely to approach the game without Sidibeh? Reductive to say they're a one man team obviously but from the outside I can't really think of a side in the league who seem less well-equipped to lose their main striker. 

He's not that important to us, tbh. Kimpioka is arguably a better player and holds the ball up better. Clark arguably pairs better with him than a player like Sidibeh, and then Kirk is a wildcard who's impressed and is similar to Sidibeh. 

We've tried to play 4-4-2 lately but almost always have to change to 4-3-3 because we can't control the midfield. Kimpioka sacrificed out wide because Sidibeh can't defend. I think Kimpioka up front with midfielders close could work well.

4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Some of the abuse Gordon got from our “fans” was ridiculous. Folk shouting that’s he’s a f**king useless c**t when he’s over clapping them. Time was right for him to leave. 

53 minutes ago, Desp said:

St Johnstone 0-1 Motherwell (Gordon)

Goal to be followed by Gordon running the full length of the pitch and knee sliding, Adebayor style, in front of the FCU laddies to get it up them for their previous booing and hurty words.

Levein will do something daft, of that I'm sure.

Just now, 'WellDel said:

Goal to be followed by Gordon running the full length of the pitch and knee sliding, Adebayor style, in front of the FCU laddies to get it up them for their previous booing and hurty words.

It wasn't them.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It wasn't them.

Just noticed your post at the start of the thread... it was YOU, You rotter!!!

Where do you sit, so we can direct his celebration your way instead then?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Regardless of the result, it'll be good to see which god awful St Johnstone player we'll be turning into a world beater next season. 

Signing Cammy MacPherson next summer is going to be a difficult one to take TBH.

Edited by camer0n_mcd

Rae

Keltjens - New CB - Cameron - Raymond

Wright - Smith - New CM - Essel - New W

Kimpioka

Rae

Neilson    Sanders   Cameron

Wright    Smith     Sprangler   Raymond                           

Carey

Clark                Kimpioka  

Hoping to see a new GK along with a centre half and centre mid in the next few days. Levein very unlikely to pick Sprangler but that’s what I would go with to get a win on Saturday. 

28 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Unchanged lineup will do me barring any injuries between now and Saturday, don't fix what's not broken.

Id rather start with Lennon Miller in his preferred role alongside either Halliday or Davor. 

Play Watt (& Mawanhise) from the start and sub him at half time once we are 2 up and cruising! 😉

7 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

What's the FCU? Can we play we one of those games where we make something up? I'll start with Farmers' Casual Unit.

8 hours ago, ropy said:

I mention this all the time but the leg room is excellent at Perth, they have occasionally good pies too.

You'll have a crossbar challenge to enjoy at half time too.

8 hours ago, ropy said:

I mention this all the time but the leg room is excellent at Perth, they have occasionally good pies too.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll have a crossbar challenge to enjoy at half time too.

Best away day in the league.