Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

Not expecting anything out of this. A good display against County has merely papered over some major cracks in this side.

Clement indicated we'd have more transfers coming in this week but I'm doubtful whoever we bring in will have any influence over the outcome of this.

We often seem to concede early in these matches and end up leaving ourselves a bit of a mountain to climb. I think we need to aim to frustrate and play our way into the game afterwards if we want anything from it.

Off the pitch, in the words of a legendary figure around Celtic Park way - "football without fans is nothing", it's a shame that Celtic have decided that this ethos should only apply to the home support yet again.

I'm hoping for a flurry of signings this week but I doubt any would be getting in the first 11 for this one. Not sure what the deal is with Kyogo at the mo for this one be it injury or rumours. MOR away is obviously a huge miss however Bernardo was decent in these games last season. I'm hoping Kuhn starts as Forrest is generally shite in these games.

As for the away fans pish we obviously had our new away section set up so it thankfully it is coming once Ibrox is sorted with whatever the f*ck is wrong with it. The latter saga was boring the tits off me too but not a patch on the away fans nonsense. Anyway a few days away yet but looking forward to this one.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Not expecting anything out of this. A good display against County has merely papered over some major cracks in this side.

Clement indicated we'd have more transfers coming in this week but I'm doubtful whoever we bring in will have any influence over the outcome of this.

We often seem to concede early in these matches and end up leaving ourselves a bit of a mountain to climb. I think we need to aim to frustrate and play our way into the game afterwards if we want anything from it.

Off the pitch, in the words of a legendary figure around Celtic Park way - "football without fans is nothing", it's a shame that Celtic have decided that this ethos should only apply to the home support yet again.

It’s a shame that Rangers created, and maintained the entire situation through weaponised incompetence.

Anyway, absolute scudding please for Clements rag tag bunch of no-hopers.

27 minutes ago, stressball said:

It’s a shame that Rangers created, and maintained the entire situation through weaponised incompetence.

Anyway, absolute scudding please for Clements rag tag bunch of no-hopers.

Sevco  .... bad 

celtic  ...  good

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Came for the obligatory “get them pumped” kiss of death from you so disappointed in that regard.

Redeemed yourself by giving me a good laugh with your tear stained diatribe about fans. You created the mess, you now deal with the mess. Our stadium was ready to go, yours isn’t so your issue imo.

As for the game, hoping for us to dish out an absolute f**king scudding of biblical proportion but will settle for a win of any scoreline and await who will be the new face in the Ibrox dugout in October as they drift further towards the diddyship

Edited by Jinky67

I had no idea such an innocuous comment would prompt such responses. No idea whatsoever… “Weaponised incompetence” and “tear stained diatribe” were my favourites though.

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

I had no idea such an innocuous comment would prompt such responses. No idea whatsoever… “Weaponised incompetence” and “tear stained diatribe” were my favourites though.

Still no get them pumped?

It would be sensible to have any Celtic v Rangers match thread on the "Celtic v Rangers, Rangers v Celtic" sub forum, Shirley. It would stop me from posting anything on the thread anyway.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It would be sensible to have any Celtic v Rangers match thread on the "Celtic v Rangers, Rangers v Celtic" sub forum, Shirley. played on a remote island - Tristan da Cunha springs to mind. It would stop me from posting anything on the thread anyway.

14 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

f**k both these clubs.

Regardless of your feelings for 'Scotland's Curse', the idea that anyone who has any knowledge of their history could think of the Old Firm as separate clubs baffles me. Everything from their faux Irish 'traditions', their moronic 'party songs' and their standing stoutly as one against any threats to their hegemony tell us they are as one. Given the latest B teams furore it's ironic that Saturday's little festival of cretinism is Old Firm 'A' versus Old Firm 'B' with Clement in charge of the 'B' team