The impossible challenge

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

City rivalries should be banned from this. 

As an olive branch I'll nominate Jim Duffy.

I played for Dundee Schoolboys and Jim used to take us for sessions at Dens. Our strips for games were old Dundee strips. Me being an Arab hated this so I wore my United top under the Dundee top. Jim found out and I thought he was going to be arsey but he was brilliant about it saying he would do the same in my shoes.

Really nice guy 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

8 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I played for Dundee Schoolboys and Jim used to take us for sessions at Dens. Our strips for games were old Dundee strips. Me being an Arab hated this so I wore my United top under the Dundee top. Jim found out and I thought he was going to be arsey but he was brilliant about it saying he would do the same in my shoes.

Really nice guy 

Birthday caird pish.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Brian Irvine.

Came say the same. Played in a game against him through the fans v ex players through the community trust. 
End up in town after it get speaking to him and his wife. Get the balls to ask for his shirt from the game. Says to me that he usually gives them to his daughter but he will ask her gives me his number and says call him in a few days. 
Text him a few days later then receive a call from him speaking away like we have known each other for years. Says he’ll send me the shirt need to post an envelope  up pre paid. No issue there, but a really good bottle of red wine and send It up too. Few days later get a text thanking me for the wine and shirt is on the way. He sent me the shirt signed, his medal from the game, singed match program from the game and a letter thanking me. 
still keep in touch 6 years later with happy birthday texts and catch up if I’m hospitality in he is doing the ambassador duties. Always brings up the bottle of red wine to this day 

1 hour ago, jofis said:

Davie Cooper

A man who openly mocked the cancer death of a six year old child to his grieving father should never be in this thread.

What happened to Cooper was tragic in itself but never convince yourself there was a good person there.

This thread from Jambos Kickback of all places should tell you all you need to know. The incident was also recounted in Fitzpatrick's own autobiography.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/150476-davie-cooper/

Simon Murray, Yan Dhanda last season. Both class acts. Murray while not the most skillful player I saw at County, but his effort & attitude has made him one of my fav players. Absolute legend!

Stuart Kettlewell, although he got sacked, was super nice guy too. The work he did with the County when County won the development league title in 2016–17 was superb. I felt saddened to see him hounded out. Pleased to see him do well at Motherwell now.

Jackson Irvine!!! Alex Schalk. Ok, maybe lacking in ability, but Kenny Van derby Weg club legend! Alex Smith really nice guy, though considering the budget he had as manager obviously didn't succeed. Owen Coyle was terrible at County, but nice guy.

Going back Johnstone Bellshaw, the super fast Chris Sommerville (a player I adored!) Scott Lemmon another sincere nice guy. Barry Wilson as well.

On the other end of the scale, quality players but Michael Gardyne for what he did at ICT. Sadly another player I adored when younger, Billy Ferries, amazing skill yet a horrible person. I have met him, he was ok to me but heard too many shocking stories from people who worked with him over the years. Perhaps it was just a phase he was going through

Let's forget Malky & worst of all Goodwillie. Can sort of understand why Roy hired Malky hoping he had heaps of player contacts and club would do well. Goodwillie tho...

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A man who openly mocked the cancer death of a six year old child to his grieving father should never be in this thread.

What happened to Cooper was tragic in itself but never convince yourself there was a good person there.

This thread from Jambos Kickback of all places should tell you all you need to know. The incident was also recounted in Fitzpatrick's own autobiography.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/150476-davie-cooper/

Fair enough. I've been made aware of my own ignorance. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Super John McGinn. 

Jackson Irvine absolutely owned McGinn that league cup win. Tho to be fair he got way better as a player than I ever thought he would. Knew McGinn was very good, but he achieved far more than I thought possible.