🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's scored the same number of Championship goals as Dykes this season, and his was a penalty.

Going further back, he's only scored 5 league goals this year and 3 of them were penalties. Dykes has 4, none of which were penalties. Very much slim pickings amongst our striking options - Shankland scored a lot last season but has obviously been in rotten form this year so far.

I think Conway looks like a good player, but I have a feeling people are expecting a goalscorer when to me he seems more of a Kenny Miller type pest, albeit maybe a bit bigger.

Also I think Conway has played his way into a start for boro with form in sub appearance 

Likely dykes will start in a 541

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

This is the first ever Scotland football match I'll ever have been to.

My first Scotland game was also against Poland. If my experience is anything to go by, you can expect a 1-1 draw with Mo Johnston scoring for us and Gary Gillespie getting Poland's goal.

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

My first Scotland game was also against Poland. If my experience is anything to go by, you can expect a 1-1 draw with Mo Johnston scoring for us and Gary Gillespie getting Poland's goal.

point in even going now, you've ruined the evening for me.

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Can you really call 3 friendly starts and a few sub appearances a failed experiment?

I saw Shankland v us at Fir Park and also watched the Hearts game on the weekend. He is miles off form and his body language is terrible , suggesting either fitness issues or some other background problem . In my opinion he should not be anywhere near the starting line up for tonight .

On 03/09/2024 at 16:03, MazzyStar said:

Jon McCracken ffs. Literally who? Might as well have Phil.  

His dog is named that tbf.

Hope big Jon McCracken can come off the bench tonight and notch us a couple of goals. Really expecting big things from him tonight tbh.

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Score predictions tonight? I’m going 1-0 Scotland, Gauld to score both 

b8ddb5e6-b45c-45fc-9939-fd2a9802596f_460

We're back to the start of Euro 2024 again - something has to drastically change our form or this isn't going to be a fun night.

Have there been any positive signs since June?

After the Euros there was absolute silence from SFA, manager, players until the last few days when a player says they will have to earn the supporters love and manager makes vague statement about slight changes/development but no details given

Does anybody have any idea about how other nations approach their national teams in terms of post tournament analysis and communication with supporters? 

Maybe we are naive to expect more insight. Is what all nations do, or are some more transparent than we are?

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Have there been any positive signs since June?

We could see some hyped up players make their debuts this month, and I find it quite exciting that tonight has the potential to be the start of a new phase of Clarke's Scotland. 

That's all I've got, I'm afraid. 

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Really hoping to be wrong, but Shankland does look like being one of our occasional strikers who scores at Scottish Premiership/English Football League level, but is only good for a goal against Liechtenstein or Gibraltar.

Kris Boyd clone?

17 minutes ago, true fan said:

After the Euros there was absolute silence from SFA, manager, players until the last few days when a player says they will have to earn the supporters love and manager makes vague statement about slight changes/development but no details given

Does anybody have any idea about how other nations approach their national teams in terms of post tournament analysis and communication with supporters? 

Maybe we are naive to expect more insight. Is what all nations do, or are some more transparent than we are?

What insight are you looking for? We let ourselves down performance wise and that was clear for all to see. 

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His dog is named that tbf.

Hope big Jon McCracken can come off the bench tonight and notch us a couple of goals. Really expecting big things from him tonight tbh.

I don’t think dundees second keeper will be getting any games.