🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

That is a kick in the teeth, as it is probably the best we have played since Spain at home. Much more positive going forward, moved the ball quicker and better than in recent times, and but for 2 defensive howlers in giving away mad penalties would have come out with a positive result.

Better signs all round though.

If Clarke does go (he won't) then the only thing stopping the SFA appointing Moyes would be Moyes.  He'd absolutely be their choice.  And then in a few years we can all congregate on here and talk about how he's shite, needs binned, and the next guy will be much better, because I see no clear evidence why he'd automatically be a better option.

SFA need to get over their pointless fear of a foreign manager and find any candidate who has a proven track record in international management.  That is far more valuable than bumming around the Premier League threatening to slap journalists.

6 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

"Whoever comes in" - who is that?

Not denying we've had a terrible year but I just don't see who comes in and replicates anything close to Clarke's Scotland at their best. 

We sack him and it'll be years and years of misery again. 

We've just had a year of Scotland at rock bottom. Why do you think this one guy, who's overseen this rock bottom year, is going to overturn it? The Clarke era was nice while it lasted, but it's over. It was over this time last year.

8 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I have no issue with him and think criticism of his selection is missing the real issues, he's basically our only option there at the moment. Obviously he's very limited but not really sure what better options we have.

However, continuing to pick McLean is baffling. And I'm not sure how many times Ryan Christie needs subbed after floating around doing nothing for 70 minutes for Clarke to realise that he is an utter waste of a jersey.

Christie was our best player tonight and comfortably our biggest attacking threat, despite being given an even harder job in having to put up with the worst player on the park behind him in Robertson.

Robertson and McGinn are obviously two of the best players we've got, but neither of them have had a remotely competent game for Scotland since Spain away. While our form has gone to shit in that time there are plenty of individuals who've still made positive contributions and had good games, the pair of them however have been consistently f**king useless and need dropped.

Morgan looked bright in the time he was on. I was certain that he would be coming on for McGinn but Steve Clarke appears to be programmed to never let Billy Gilmour finish a game of football.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Christie was our best player tonight and comfortably our biggest attacking threat, despite being given an even harder job in having to put up with the worst player on the park behind him in Robertson.

Robertson and McGinn are obviously two of the best players we've got, but neither of them have had a remotely competent game for Scotland since Spain away. While our form has gone to shit in that time there are plenty of individuals who've still made positive contributions and had good games, the pair of them however have been consistently f**king useless and need dropped.

Eh? McGinn was excellent tonight?

ETA: except at the very end, I suppose

Edited by accies1874

Both penalties were completely unnecessary. 

No need for Ralston to do what he did as the player was moving away from the goal.

As for Hanley - he's always been an accident waiting to happen - an absolutely ludicrous challenge to make.

I've never been Clarke's biggest fan but tonight's loss is down to the players.

7 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

he just isn't technically sound enough to play at a higher level IMO. 

Maybe. I think the lack of pace is a much bigger issue though. He’s fine for Scotland in his role just now, shouldn’t be above that though, for me. 

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Other teams will happily carry a guy who is perceived to be unathletic or lethargic if he's absolutely vital to how they play, even if it means you surround him with guys who will do more than their fair share of shitwork to make up for it. We take off the one guy who reliably plays sensible passes and won't give the ball away, presumably because he's perceived to be a bit "wee" and doesn't hare around like a blue-arsed fly. It beggars belief.

Aye, he’s essential 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Morgan looked bright in the time he was on. I was certain that he would be coming on for McGinn but Steve Clarke appears to be programmed to never let Billy Gilmour finish a game of football.

He also looked pretty threatening in the wee go he got against Hungary.

Suspect it'll be the usual 5 central mids crammed into the side regardless of formation forever more until Clarke is finally punted though.

until Clarke shows some humility and apologises for the Euros, it doesn't matter what Scotland do in the pitch, he can f**k right off. And maybe whilst tonight was 'unlucky', we are going to be pumped in this group and finish bottom, likely with 0 points and it will be exactly what the miserable arrogant arse deserves.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

What game were you watching?