I did Nazi That Coming

7 hours ago, WL Diamond said:

No reasonable Airdrie fans are claiming that Airdrieonians/Airdrie United post-2002 is ‘the same club’ as the old Airdrie. We are well aware of the history of what happened and not in denial of liquidation like many (most?) Rangers fans seem to be about their club.  However we have moved on (unlike some on here) and have a whole new generation of fans now who have known nothing different.

On to the main issue of this thread however, which is the unsavoury element, although a minority, within the Airdrie support which seems to attract so much unwelcome attention.  It continues to be a problem which raises its head because many of these individuals seem to enjoy the negativity and many others are happy to go along with and tolerate it even if not engaging directly with their actions.

Of course there is no place for Nazi salutes or flags and banners with political slogans at football games, although the persistent issue of the union flags is slightly more complex.  As stated earlier, the union flag in itself is not illegal or a Nazi symbol and regardless of its connotations, it is still the official flag of the UK which we are still part of, so can hardly be banned. 

The club I believe has good intentions when it comes to dealing with these issues, but it looks like a harder line may be required to change the perception longer term and might need more involvement from the decent majority of the fans.

Oh I know I wasn't dealing with a decent one there, only reason I replied 😉

Good post though 👍

14 hours ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Never had a Clydebank Season Ticket in my life mate, so no idea what you are referring to - Airdrieonians Fc are very much alive and doing fine, thanks.

‘Trigger’s broom’

9 hours ago, WL Diamond said:

No reasonable Airdrie fans are claiming that Airdrieonians/Airdrie United post-2002 is ‘the same club’ as the old Airdrie. We are well aware of the history of what happened and not in denial of liquidation like many (most?) Rangers fans seem to be about their club.  However we have moved on (unlike some on here) and have a whole new generation of fans now who have known nothing different.

On to the main issue of this thread however, which is the unsavoury element, although a minority, within the Airdrie support which seems to attract so much unwelcome attention.  It continues to be a problem which raises its head because many of these individuals seem to enjoy the negativity and many others are happy to go along with and tolerate it even if not engaging directly with their actions.

Of course there is no place for Nazi salutes or flags and banners with political slogans at football games, although the persistent issue of the union flags is slightly more complex.  As stated earlier, the union flag in itself is not illegal or a Nazi symbol and regardless of its connotations, it is still the official flag of the UK which we are still part of, so can hardly be banned. 

The club I believe has good intentions when it comes to dealing with these issues, but it looks like a harder line may be required to change the perception longer term and might need more involvement from the decent majority of the fans.

Baby Hat GIF

44 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

As you have probably noticed,  a few Airdrieonians “fans” get all defensive whenever the club is accused of being far right. Whilst I understand that nobody wants their club or fellow supporters being tarnished with the same brush, you simply cannot defend the bigoted behaviour of some of the “support”.

Deflection is part of the problem and pointing out other incidents at other clubs in a tit for tat pie and bovril battle isn’t going to help stamp this bigoted lot out. 

If you see any sort of far right, racist display/ banner/ gesture etc, will you please just report it to a steward and then follow up with an email to the club? It’s literally as easy as that. 

Stop defending racists.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

More @WL Diamond , @Diamond1924 less @airdrieoldboy and Airdrie will be just fine.

15 hours ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Never had a Clydebank Season Ticket in my life mate, so no idea what you are referring to - Airdrieonians Fc are very much alive and doing fine, thanks.

WHOOSH

Fair play to @Excelsior Diamond for calling out the wanks in his own support. 

This thread seems to have showcased all that is wrong with football, by bringing out all the Airdrie supporters who don't want to admit there's a problem within their support. 

Fascinating reading. 

3 hours ago, Girth said:

Fair play to @Excelsior Diamond for calling out the wanks in his own support. 

This thread seems to have showcased all that is wrong with football, by bringing out all the Airdrie supporters who don't want to admit there's a problem within their support. 

Fascinating reading. 

This thread has been quite the education. In more ways than one. I feel genuinely sorry for the good airdrie fans who just want to support their club and it’s been good to start compiling a “good guy, good guy, w**k” list.  M’on the good guys.

20 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

To be clear, I’m not trying to deflect or defend anything, I was merely calling you an idiot given what you posted. He made a dig about Livi in admin, your saying that showed why he doesn’t want to tackle the Nazi element. You obviously weren’t as clear as you’d hoped but I’m not sure anyone is actually on here defending it (he obviously wasn’t).

If you'd read the thread through you'd see i first replied to the old Airdrie fella saying your liquidation was only a name change, then another Airdrie fan chipped in with some nonsense about Livi's 2 admins meaning we were Livi 1, 2 & 3, all of which was nonsense but probably attempting to deflect from condemning the racist, Nazi arseholes in your support. You seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick thinking the liquidation denier was the reason i made the Nazi claims, it wasn't, it was the deflection away from the Nazi element and not willing to condemn them, making him look like he was happy just to ignore it and continue letting them away with that shite.

Glad to see other Airdrie fans taking ownership of their club's problem and condemning it though, that's all him and the others sticking their heads in the sand had to do, and this thread would've died a while back.

15 hours ago, WL Diamond said:

How about some of the nice Airdrie fans take along a few pride, Palestine, Ireland flags etc and a Kamala Harris banner? Then after a few weeks (if they are still alive) they can make a deal with the union jack crowd agreeing that no one will bring anything except Airdrie flags / banners from then on?

8 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

As you have probably noticed,  a few Airdrieonians “fans” get all defensive whenever the club is accused of being far right. Whilst I understand that nobody wants their club or fellow supporters being tarnished with the same brush, you simply cannot defend the bigoted behaviour of some of the “support”.

Deflection is part of the problem and pointing out other incidents at other clubs in a tit for tat pie and bovril battle isn’t going to help stamp this bigoted lot out. 

If you see any sort of far right, racist display/ banner/ gesture etc, will you please just report it to a steward and then follow up with an email to the club? It’s literally as easy as that. 

Stop defending racists.

🙌👏

On 10/09/2024 at 09:46, Diamond1924 said:

Stop defending racists.

Alternatively punch the Nazi f**kers in the throat.

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Last Partick game I watched had no commentary and heard a line in a song I liked. It went;

Oh Airdrieonians

Are nazi b*****ds

Didn’t pick up much else but I think we get the gist. 

It’s the second verse of a song to the tune of (fittingly) Bella Ciao:

Oh Airdrieonians,

Are Nazi b*****ds,

Oh we’re the jags, we’re the jags, we’re the jags, jags, jags

Oh Airdrieonians,

Are Nazi b*****ds,

And we will stamp upon their heads.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s the second verse of a song to the tune of (fittingly) Bella Ciao:

Oh Airdrieonians,

Are Nazi b*****ds,

Oh we’re the jags, we’re the jags, we’re the jags, jags, jags

Oh Airdrieonians,

Are Nazi b*****ds,

And we will stamp upon their heads.

You are absolutely hilarious mate, all I ever see is Jags fans running away from Airdrie - don't know how they could "stamp upon their heads", too busy fleeing!

27 minutes ago, airdrieoldboy said:

You are absolutely hilarious mate, all I ever see is Jags fans running away from Airdrie - don't know how they could "stamp upon their heads", too busy fleeing!

I’m merely posting the words to a song, I have absolutely no interest in football violence as I’m not a raging VL. 

On 10/09/2024 at 00:11, Lord Elron said:

I think the vast majority of Airdrie fans can't be arsed with the union flag stuff and it's a genuine minority that still seem to want to it to continue. 

When I saw the Saltire flag pinned up at the other end of the stadium at the Raith game my initial though was that that makes a nice change from the union flag(s) ... I should have gone to specsavers.