Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

All 5 goals we've conceded in the past 2 games have been down to a player error at some point.

How long have you been following football for? That’s how it works.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Matterface asking how the papers will talk about this?

who the f**k cares, who buys a paper 

Hopefully doing something they've failed to thus far and calling for Clarke to go. 

42 minutes ago, The DA said:

I didn't have tickets for this game and, on Saturday, my 12-year-old dog had to be put down.  If this score carries on, I'm extending his wake into Tuesday or Wednesday.

Bummer, sorry to hear that man. Given the result, extending the wake is the only rational response.

Cruel, but yet again, two dreadful defensive mistakes kill us. This week alone, mistakes by Gunn, McKenna, McLean, McGinn, Ralston, and Hanley have all contributed to goals against.

Two reasonable performances undone by mediocre errors. Not sure how we get out this rut.

Just now, eez-eh said:

How long have you been following football for? That’s how it works.

That’s not the clever riposte you think it is. 

Germany game was the last where goals that didn’t come from unforced errors. Before that it was probably Georgia away; maybe Norway at home.

Every other goal has been some sort of self-inflicted error.

Okay Portugal were better than us, Poland weren’t, obviously need points in the next set of matches but so much better than June 

Kinda finding my love for that team returning , Clarke definitely a better football brain than me 

Not sure what McGinn is adding anymore though 

2 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Think the worst part is that it feels like someone who's not us could've won that tonight. Does any international team make as many mistakes as us? 

Yep. That's exactly what I said. If that was a Norway or Sweden, they'd have won it. We have some weird fetish with throwing away results.