Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

All 5 goals we've conceded in the past 2 games have been down to a player error at some point.

I mean, pretty much 99% of goals scored in football matches come down to a player error

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Cruel, but yet again, two dreadful defensive mistakes kill us. This week alone, mistakes by Gunn, McKenna, McLean, McGinn, Ralston, and Hanley have all contributed to goals against.

Two reasonable performances undone by mediocre errors. Not sure how we get out this rut.

I dont see how you can describe Portugal as mediocre.

3 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

In good news we have a month of club football before we suffer this again.

Well, good news for some of you.

Bad news for anyone following Dunfermline 

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:

Cruel, but yet again, two dreadful defensive mistakes kill us. This week alone, mistakes by Gunn, McKenna, McLean, McGinn, Ralston, and Hanley have all contributed to goals against.

Two reasonable performances undone by mediocre errors. Not sure how we get out this rut.

Joking right? How we get out of this? Ask the boss 🙂

I honestly think we need a restart, emptying Clarke and getting someone else. Aye, there’s individual errors, but those individuals are still being given starts after making game changing errors. There is no fear of being dropped, Clarke picks his favourites and it’ll never change. 
We’ve played well at times, but at club level a manager would’ve been emptied for this run of games without a win. 

It was another good - occasionally very good - performance, I thought, like against Poland. But we probably needed it to be almost flawless to win. It just feels like every individual error is being punished for Scotland at the moment - and at least four if not all five of the goals conceded this week have been a consequence of an obvious and avoidable individual mistake rather than a collective breakdown. 

Dykes, Gilmour, McTominay and Hanley all outstanding, with basically every other player at a good to very good level.

Edited by DrewDon

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Yep. That's exactly what I said. If that was a Norway or Sweden, they'd have won it. We have some weird fetish with throwing away results. 

The Norway that lost to us from 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go? Or the Sweden in League C?

Just now, Binos said:

All football programmes should have that level of post match analysis 

ie none

Bit tinpot to have absolutely no post match interviews and not even show all three goals from the game