Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think picking a team you think is the best team is really a reason to be critical - having a manager who constantly flopped about to external pressure would be worse than one who has belief in his players. Lots of the best and lots of the worst managers could be described as being stubborn, I'd say it's about the one uniting thing about nearly all of them.

It's fair enough to make a judgement about whether the actual line-up is the right one. Personally would have been building towards the future with Porteous instead of Hanley, and would have had Gauld in for Christie on the basis of Thursday night. I don't really see an obvious replacement for McLean in a game like this - our lack of disciplined deep midfielders continues to be an issue.

I genuinly think Juicer is coming to the end of his tenure.

His selections are now tedious and boring.

Whilst I find his team selection depressing it does not surprise me in the least. It’s almost a ‘f*ck you’ to anyone who might question him.

eta - great minds @Gibby82

Edited by Granny Danger

I'm firmly in the Clarke camp but he makes it hard to defend him at times. WTF are Ralston, McLean and Hanley still doing in the team? He's so stubborn sometimes it's mind boggling. 

He's still the right man for the job, by a million miles over any other likely candidates IMO. But that team has a few guys in it who need moved on, either cos their time has passed or they were never good enough to begin with.

3 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

I'm firmly in the Clarke camp but he makes it hard to defend him at times. WTF are Ralston, McLean and Hanley still doing in the team? He's so stubborn sometimes it's mind boggling. 

He's still the right man for the job, by a million miles over any other likely candidates IMO. But that team has a few guys in it who need moved on, either cos their time has passed or they were never good enough to begin with.

Sorry mate, but I think your two paragraphs there are mutually exclusive. 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

t about whether the actual line-up is the right one. Personally would have been building towards the future with Porteous instead of Hanley, and would have had Gauld in for Christie on the basis of Thursday night. I don't really see an obvious replacement for McLean in a game like this - our lack of disciplined deep midfielders continues to be an issue.

You could pick any one of our possible centre backs to replace Hanley and they're all likely to do something stupid under no pressure.

Not agreeing with this "played well" against Poland stuff tbh. It was your stereotypical "have lots of the decent play because you're already losing and your opponents don't think you can hurt them" stuff until the subs.

When we get horsed tonight (and make no mistake we will get horsed -it could be biblical), all he’ll say is they are much better than us and what can I do about that. 
The answer to which from the press should be (but won’t be) try something different you f**king bald fraud. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Not agreeing with this "played well" against Poland stuff tbh. It was your stereotypical "have lots of the decent play because you're already losing and your opponents don't think you can hurt them" stuff until the subs.

If it hadn’t been for three individual mistakes it’s quite possible Poland would not have scored.  So in that respect we played well.

All three players who made those individual mistakes are playing tonight though.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

If it hadn’t been for three individual mistakes it’s quite possible Poland would not have scored.  So in that respect we played well.

All three players who made those individual mistakes are playing tonight though.

Sorry Granny but you are venturing into serious auntie had baws territory there 🤣