Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This game and Dunfermline at home the following week are huge games for Doolan.

I have a feeling this will be a score draw for some reason, which all things considered wouldn’t be a bad result for ourselves. Ayr will be backing themselves to give us a bit of a doing you’d imagine given how poor we have been of late.

Hopefully Brown will have the players ready from the get-go and not coming out like they did at East End Park and looking sloppy. I am very surprised by Thistle's poor start, however Brian Graham will still grab his customary goal against us at the Somerset Road End!

Should be a good game. Partick always bring a great crowd down.

Have a feeling we might nick a win by 1. Surprised at Thistle's form so far but still expect a very tight game.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Hopefully Brown will have the players ready from the get-go and not coming out like they did at East End Park and looking sloppy. I am very surprised by Thistle's poor start, however Brian Graham will still grab his customary goal against us at the Somerset Road End!

Are you American, m8? 🙄

46 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How’s Logan Chalmers been so far? Out of the players we lost in the summer he’s the only one I was gutted to lose. 

Not as good as he can be from what I have seen watching him against us and on the odd occasion on Friday night TV games.

He has a few flashes of what he can do but has lacked end product at times, to be fair to him he played a number of games without a natural right back behind him which didn’t help. 

Seems to have been written off by some of our support already which seems harsh to me.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How’s Logan Chalmers been so far? Out of the players we lost in the summer he’s the only one I was gutted to lose. 

Feel free to take him back on loan with a requirement to keep in the summer. Guff is an understatement and I don't know why Doolan thought he was a good idea after watching him stink out the place in the 0-0 at Firhill last season. The fact he's allowed to wear the same shirt number Erskine did is a war crime, an international war crime.

Otherwise, class, would sign again 

13 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not hit the ground running... :(

We seem to be adamant about playing Fitzpatrick down the left and Chalmers down the right; not sure if its with a view to help us keep possesion as they're more likely to cut in and play passes than hit crosses, but I don't think we're creating all that much from the slow/ponderous buildup as it is.

Chalmers start with us was kinda summed up with a moment yesterday when he did well to find a bit of space, carried it into the area, chopped back onto his right foot and then skied it, he's had too many moments like that/low quality crosses.

Couple of the goals against QP were from set pieces and our goal yesterday came from a cross; honestly I'd be tempted to switch Fitzpatrick and him around, see if he can contribute more down the left. Maybe something in training we don't see that makes Doolan reluctant to do it, but purely on an "it can't be any worse than it already is" basis it's something I'd be wanting to try tbh.

Lawless is generally terrific down the right with his balance, close control and technical ability (thinking back with a classy assist for McInroy last season, where Lawless cut in and pinged a 35ish yard pass for McInroy to run on and finish, Lawless is one of our only players that has the quality to make goals like that), been a huge miss.

tbf to Doolan we had to try something to fill his boots and Chalmers looked logical enough, but not happened for him yet. Maybe even be better coming off the bench for a few games, Doolan always seems reluctant to make subs until like the 80th - 85th minute though.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

13 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Not as good as he can be from what I have seen watching him against us and on the odd occasion on Friday night TV games.

He has a few flashes of what he can do but has lacked end product at times, to be fair to him he played a number of games without a natural right back behind him which didn’t help. 

Seems to have been written off by some of our support already which seems harsh to me.

He is absolutely used to not having a right back behind him, so that’s not an excuse for him unfortunately. 

Fully expecting him to cut in and deliver one of his screamers next weekend.