Airdrie Vs Falkirk

Until now we've coped well with the injuries we've had as we have good cover in these positions

Losing Spencer would be a whole different ball game. As others have said you'd probably move Henderson forward. I'd personally then bring McCann in at LB and move Mackie inside. That keeps the balance of two left footed and two right footed guys across the back 4 and the white Cafu at right back 

Will be interesting who we start behind the striker along with Miller as Nesbitt and Morrison must be close to full fitness. Wouldn't surprise me if Ross and Oliver continue to keep their places  

I think this will be a tough game but we have enough quality to get the 3 points. 2-1 Falkirk, MacIver and Agyeman with a late winner off the bench 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

19 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Losing Spencer would be a whole different ball game. As others have said you'd probably move Henderson forward. I'd personally then bring McCann in at LB and move Mackie inside. That keeps the balance of two left footed and two right footed guys across the back 4 and the white Cafu at right back 

Will be interesting who we start behind the striker along with Miller as Nesbitt and Morrison must be close to full fitness. Wouldn't surprise me if Ross and Oliver continue to keep their places  

This is exactly what I would do if Spencer is injured and Henderson isn’t suspended.

I wouldn’t want to rush back Nesbitt or Morrison either, both had set backs after being injured earlier this season too. The 3 in behind the striker are the ones I feel we can rotate the most due to the depth there and the impact someone can have there later in the game.

Aggymans a tough one because he did well on Saturday but feel he can be such a threat towards the end of a game, nice problem to have.

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

At some point, you arseholes have to beat us. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was this weekend. Would be rather funny if not. 

Sounds like someone is resigned to losing on Saturday if you ask me…..

Inferiority complex strikes again!

Edited by roman_bairn

Think the fear factor of Morrison does help us a lot. Is often doubled upon allowing space for Adams and other forward players. Whenever he is fit I'd start him, no matter how harsh that is on Ross/Alfie

48 minutes ago, Aufc said:

At some point, you arseholes have to beat us. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was this weekend. Would be rather funny if not. 

We beat you 2 seasons on your patch IIRC? Didnt we win 2 or 3-1 on the second league game? Cant remember if the first game, which was like game 2 maybe ended in a draw or a tight Airdrie win. If memory serves me, we either had a man sent off, or possibly went down to 10 due to Brad Mckay f**king himself after all the subs were made.....

Not sure how this will go at all. I was very pessimistic about it before but McGregor being back fit is a huge boost and if we can continue to figure out a way to provide Ben Wilson with some support then we might do ok. Far worse Airdrie teams have picked up three points in these games but Falkirk seem to have sorted out their mentality now, so I’m not as confident that simply turning up will be enough here.

I suspect we’ll either start with a midfield diamond or the fluid 4-2-3-1 we saw in the League Cup with McGregor moving between being a winger and a forward. Admittedly that’s also how I’d set up with this Airdrie team but it does give me the fear, mainly because the last time we player a midfield diamond against Falkirk they beat us 3-1 going on five or six, and likewise when Falkirk did it we were five up at half time!

Just now, Bairnardo said:

We beat you 2 seasons on your patch IIRC? Didnt we win 2 or 3-1 on the second league game? Cant remember if the first game, which was like game 2 maybe ended in a draw or a tight Airdrie win. If memory serves me, we either had a man sent off, or possibly went down to 10 due to Brad Mckay f**king himself after all the subs were made.....

Beat us twice at Airdrie yeah. 2-1 in the third game of 21/22, when Hetherington got sent off and Paul Sheerin was celebrating like he’d won the league afterwards, and the 3-1 game I mentioned above where Airdrie started well, Telfer missed a penalty which would have put us ahead and Falkirk went on to destroy us.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

Beat us twice at Airdrie yeah. 2-1 in the third game of 21/22, when Hetherington got sent off and Paul Sheerin was celebrating like he’d won the league afterwards, and the 3-1 game I mentioned above where Airdrie started well, Telfer missed a penalty which would have put us ahead and Falkirk went on to destroy us.

What was the score in the first game of 2 seasons ago, just to save me raking. I was there, I can remember Lawal and Burrell made their debuts off the bench but I cant remember if we were chasing a winner or an equaliser

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What was the score in the first game of 2 seasons ago, just to save me raking. I was there, I can remember Lawal and Burrell made their debuts off the bench but I cant remember if we were chasing a winner or an equaliser

4-0 for Airdrie, August 2022

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You are correct. The league games that season were a win each and two draws. The play off match I have tried to block from memory, in isolation the worst performance I’ve ever witnessed from a Falkirk side. However over that season we were actually ok and just bettered in the end by dunfermlines consistency , went into the playoffs on a downer after missing out on the title but we did finish 7 points ahead of that Airdrie side over the season and were probably the better team all things considered. In hindsight it was just one of those freak results you get sometimes. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Sake. Had it in my head it was a tight game but i'm gradually beginning to remember now.... Must have fused it in alongside something esle

I think we scored two goals quite late on that day after someone (I think McKay as you say) went off injured. Airdrie deserved the win but it wasn’t a 4-0 performance. The league games overall were fairly tight that season in terms of performances, with Falkirk probably edging it across the four games. Makes the play-offs even more bizarre!

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You are correct. The league games that season were a win each and two draws. The play off match I have tried to block from memory, in isolation the worst performance I’ve ever witnessed from a Falkirk side. However over that season we were actually ok and just bettered in the end by dunfermlines consistency , went into the playoffs on a downer after missing out on the title but we did finish 7 points ahead of that Airdrie side over the season and were probably the better team all things considered. In hindsight it was just one of those freak results you get sometimes. 

I think the difference going into the playoffs that season that we were in really good form from about Feb/Mar onwards, slow start to the season kinda killed any chance of a title challenge from us.