Airdrie Vs Falkirk

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

So is Spencer fit? I was getting the fear he might be out for a few weeks.

Aye, in his pre-match interview McGlynn basically suggested (without being as blunt as this) that he’d felt a niggle and didn’t want to risk it just to play in a Challenge Cup game, but he’s fine now.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

With Morrison, Nesbitt and Lang all still out, guessing the team will be as per Morton, unless with some decent performances, JM thinks Agyeman has played himself into a starting slot...

Hogarth

Adams - Henderson - Donaldson - Mackie

Spencer - Tait

Miller - Oliver - Ross

McIver

Subs - Agyeman, Yeats, McCann, McKenna, Shanley

Really looking forward to this game, another big test for our unbeaten run.

Oliver contributed nothing at Cappielow and was rightly hooked at half time. In no way does he merit a start again today. Far rather have Miller in the 10 role with Agyeman taking a deserved place in the starting eleven on the right. 

16 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Oliver contributed nothing at Cappielow and was rightly hooked at half time. In no way does he merit a start again today. Far rather have Miller in the 10 role with Agyeman taking a deserved place in the starting eleven on the right. 

Yep. As I said agyeman could well start, and it could be at the expense of Oliver, not necessarily in his position. That is the interesting decision JM has to make

42 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Pretty sure Ross played a few times centrally for McGlynn at Raith. Wouldn’t be averse to Miller — Ross — Alfie.

I like Ross when he has the flexibility. He is very good at floating between defenders and linking up from inside. I think that might work well. Especially on the right with Alfie looking to drive into the box and Keelans overlaps. The fact that Ross can beat a man before making the pass has a lot of potential from a central area 

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Think it makes sense to get Miller back and Agyeman on the pitch tbh.

Ross is one of our most popular players but have to say his end product is nowhere near Miller’s most of the time for me.

Miller is the better player but seems to struggle a bit for fitness.  Taking off Miller to bring on Ross is a great option to have.

4 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Miller is the better player but seems to struggle a bit for fitness.  Taking off Miller to bring on Ross is a great option to have.

I think with the options we have for 2 starting wingers and 2 on the bench, McGlynn sends the starters out to play hard for 60 or 70 with the full intention of keeping the overall pace high for 90 

30 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I've noticed that as well, the way we play puts plenty of strain on the wingers but miller seems to run out of steam before the other lads. Ross on for the last half hour still be a good thing in most matches.

Not exactly Brazil 70 vs Holland 78 here. Falkirk the better side but not great. Terrell easily Airdries best player and possibly the best man on the pitch, but we are not linking well. Ref getting pelters but it's the near side linesman who deserves them, two stick on offsides not given despite the player being easily 5 yards off for both and the assault on Wilson late in the half.