⚫⚪ Queen's Park vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

It's not really about 'loyalty and dedication' though, is it? We are a supporter-owned club. MCT members literally own and fund the club, so the argument they shouldn't get first dibs on tickets is way beyond me...

Of course. But non MCT season ticket holders can also claim to fund the club. Then there are those who go to every away game. Or MCT/season ticket holders who don’t go to many away games at all. 

Each of these categories of fans, and more, might feel they should be the top priority. They can’t all be. It just gets complicated whichever way you slice it and leaves some people feeling that their commitment, in whichever form, hasn’t been rewarded. Which is why I’m fine with the simplicity of the random ballot.

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

Good to see interesting match discussion and football patter instead of the usual morton fans' moaning session

After reading some of this thread it does make me wonder if the "t" in Morton should be silent. The inevitable red dots will decide if that should be true...

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

'If' doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence...

Look at it this way: could Morton afford to rent Hampden for home games? Airdrie? Hamilton?

😳 That's why I used the word, isn't that obvious??

On the principle of the thing - during the transfer of the club to fan ownership, IF (there's that word again) the Raes had got their way then then although we the fans would have owned the club the Raes would have retained ownership of Cappielow, and presumably we would have had to pay them a rental fee for all use of the ground. Would you call THAT cheating, especially given that we bought the club for much less than the original asking price? I'd have called it a good business deal on our part, and if (yes, IF) QP can do a deal to get access to Big Hampden at a rent they can afford them I'd say the same thing about that.

13 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Good to see interesting match discussion and football patter instead of the usual morton fans' moaning session

Lets be honest, from what we've all seen so far, bitching about your stadium shenanigans and Morton's latest admin clusterf*ck is far more interesting than the upcoming football 😂

On 12/09/2024 at 11:02, Dooflick said:

There is no reason except money inmo. The last time that Morton played us at Hampden they brought 800 fans. I think the committee have decided that opening up Hampden and all the added expense for the same amount of fans is not worthwhile, but because Ayr will bring about 1500 fans we are going back to Hampden. Just my thoughts on the matter.

If that is the reason, then prepare for a backlash. QP bring about 50 away fans to matches and it is not viable to open and steward etc an away section of many stadia. Maybe we should just ban QP fans from away matches to save money.

20 minutes ago, michaelspinos said:

If that is the reason, then prepare for a backlash. QP bring about 50 away fans to matches and it is not viable to open and steward etc an away section of many stadia. Maybe we should just ban QP fans from away matches to save money.

No one opens an away end for us anyway with the notable exception of Raith. 
The rest take the opportunity to stick us in some barely accessible portion of a main stand.

11 minutes ago, On the bench said:

No one opens an away end for us anyway with the notable exception of Raith. 
The rest take the opportunity to stick us in some barely accessible portion of a main stand.

How very dare you!

14 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 That's why I used the word, isn't that obvious??

On the principle of the thing - during the transfer of the club to fan ownership, IF (there's that word again) the Raes had got their way then then although we the fans would have owned the club the Raes would have retained ownership of Cappielow, and presumably we would have had to pay them a rental fee for all use of the ground. Would you call THAT cheating, especially given that we bought the club for much less than the original asking price? I'd have called it a good business deal on our part, and if (yes, IF) QP can do a deal to get access to Big Hampden at a rent they can afford them I'd say the same thing about that.

Aye, well IF Morton had owned the national stadium, sold it, pretended to develop a more suitable ground, then slunk back into the national stadium with one eye on home gates v the sisters, there might be something in your analogy.

Even better IF Morton were then zig-zagging between two grounds mid-season, so random away supports couldn’t get fkn in. Then the two scenarios would be really  similar…

31 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Even better IF Morton were then zig-zagging between two grounds mid-season, so random away supports couldn’t get fkn in. Then the two scenarios would be really  similar…

This isn't accurate. Once we're back in Hampden, which is our registered stadium for the season, then that's it; there's no picking and choosing. This used to happen even when the club owned the place too; we'd occasionally get papped out for things like concerts/the pitch not being ready yet (and usually play at Firhill). It just so happens there's another ground next door now, which for all the commotion has literally never officially been our home ground.

10 minutes ago, On the bench said:

Apologies, forgot about the Grangemouth boys 

Probably been a while since you played them.

Hoping your club web site gives suitable directions for getting to the away game.