Dundee United v them

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

I can't believe the fuss that a song based on Caledonia has caused, especially with celtic fans on social media who are trying to figure out a way to be offended by it.

Give them time...

16 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Sums it up for me, good number of decent individual performances, Goodwin changed things and that saw an improvement.

Clement's side were decent on the ground, and that negated Holt being on the pitch, possibly also contributing to their early dominance. United lacked a focus up front for much of the match though, Jordi van der Sande holds the ball up well and brings players into the game, but he's not a striker. 

Don Robertson, for an ex pro football player, wasn't an advert for football players taking up refereeing when their career ends.

If VDS isn't a striker, then what is he? 

As you say, decent enough at what he does, but doesn't really impact the game at all. He was absolutely anonymous yesterday. Not sure if I've ever seen a slower player. 

Moult definitely isn't the answer either, but he's a better option than VDS. 

59 minutes ago, stressball said:

Probably the amount of your fans that despise the Scottish national team and “what Scotland has become” 

I think you’re conflating a couple of different issues here. 

44 minutes ago, bennett said:

I can't believe the fuss that a song based on Caledonia has caused, especially with celtic fans on social media who are trying to figure out a way to be offended by it.

Aye. An inoffensive song about Rangers with none of the needless bigotry using the tune of a belter of a song about Scotland. There must be a way to find fault with it.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Aye. An inoffensive song about Rangers with none of the needless bigotry using the tune of a belter of a song about Scotland. There must be a way to find fault with it.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Give them time...

😇

20 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

It was followed by you can stick your independence up your arse without a hint of irony. 

What is ironic about it? As far as I'm aware Caledonia has no pro-independence meaning and is a song about being homesick.

Additionally being anti-independence/pro-union is not incompatible with a Scottish identity.

Politics and religion should not be anywhere near Football/sport.

Unfortunately this country has 2 clubs and a governing body that does nothing to eradicate it and in some cases actually promote it 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

2 hours ago, AJF said:

What is ironic about it? As far as I'm aware Caledonia has no pro-independence meaning and is a song about being homesick.

Additionally being anti-independence/pro-union is not incompatible with a Scottish identity.

There's absolutely f**k all Scottish about those North British losers twirling Union flags yesterday, and thankfully so.