🔴🟡Thistle vs Dunfermline⚫️⚪️ - 21st September 2024

Result  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Home win
    • Away Win
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/24 at 14:00

Definitely hit his arm, was inside the first minute which probably helped. 

Not sure we deserved to win that, but Dunfermline deserved to lose it. Quite a feat to turn up to Firhill with a worse keeper top than us. 

Absolutely not having that Craig Clay has managed to carve out a 10+ year career as a professional footballer. 

Also football needs to get better with these concussion incidents, Fogarty absolutely should not have been allowed to continue. 

2 hours ago, baba douche said:

Goal was straight through his legs.

Glad the hammer throwers got beat - deserved at least one red card in that game.

Seriously? What were these supposed red card offences? If Turner had made any kind of decent contact with his wild swipe at Ngwenya, he was off. Closest challenge to a red card offence all game and not surprised he was subbed shortly after. He made no attempt to play the ball, just went in to boot a player’s shins.

Can’t really complain with the bookings we got. But I genuinely can’t see any argument that any of them were worth more than a yellow.

Referee was useless, but definitely not biased.

What a relief that was today, I know it wasn't really a great standard of football played but a lot of that lies with the referee, neither team could get into a rhythm.  It was actually baffling the one he penalised Fitzy for in the first half going over the top to win the header he then penalised Megwa for I think it was Otoo basically going over the top of him to win a foul! 

Megwa was brilliant, especially for how little time he will have spent with the group, and I really really really hope that Fitzy out his wee huff and ready to kick on again. 

Also, see if Chris Kane stayed on his feet, I think he'd probably be a not bad striker as this level. Spent his time on the park on his arse trying to buy cheap fouls, could almost understand if it was in and around the box but most of the time they were around about the half way line.

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

Also football needs to get better with these concussion incidents, Fogarty absolutely should not have been allowed to continue. 

100% agree with this. When you saw and heard the contact, he should have been subbed off right away, no debate or discussion. Negligence from our coaching/medical team to let him continue, as they did.

Just now, CallumPar said:

100% agree with this. When you saw and heard the contact, he should have been subbed off right away, no debate or discussion. Negligence from our coaching/medical team to let him continue, as they did.

Aye there was certainly a collective wince in the JHS when that happened. I was surprised how quickly Milne got up after it and back on the pitch. I thought the protocol was that they were to be subbed if there was any doubt with this extra concussion sub they get.

Hamilton was definitely lucky to see out the 90, must have had 4 or 5 fouls in addition to his booking, and then clattered Milne late right at the end but ref only gave a drop ball.

Thought Muirheads handball was more of a handball than the one he got penalised for last week, albeit still not a penalty, but the handball rule tombola went in our favour this week. 

Edit - I know BBC stats aren't always spot on but they have 40 fouls in this game compared to 22 in the Morton vs Airdrie and Raith vs Hamilton games and 19 in QP vs Ayr. Brutal 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Seriously? What were these supposed red card offences? If Turner had made any kind of decent contact with his wild swipe at Ngwenya, he was off. Closest challenge to a red card offence all game and not surprised he was subbed shortly after. He made no attempt to play the ball, just went in to boot a player’s shins.

Can’t really complain with the bookings we got. But I genuinely can’t see any argument that any of them were worth more than a yellow.

Referee was useless, but definitely not biased.

The guy Hamilton was definitely lucky not to get a second booking, in the 2nd half. 

Edited by JagsCG

7 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

The guy Clay was definitely lucky not to get a second booking, in the 2nd half. 

Didn’t get a first booking did he?

I don’t think there were any tackles that merited a straight red, but Hamilton could’ve had a second yellow. 

19 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

The guy Clay was definitely lucky not to get a second booking, in the 2nd half. 

That would be impressive considering he didn't pick up a first booking in either half.

39 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Hamilton was definitely lucky to see out the 90, must have had 4 or 5 fouls in addition to his booking, and then clattered Milne late right at the end but ref only gave a drop ball.

Thought Muirheads handball was more of a handball than the one he got penalised for last week, albeit still not a penalty, but the handball rule tombola went in our favour this week. 

Edit - I know BBC stats aren't always spot on but they have 40 fouls in this game compared to 22 in the Morton vs Airdrie and Raith vs Hamilton games and 19 in QP vs Ayr. Brutal 

Milne must have committed about 5 fouls, including 2 after he got a warning. There was one where he went down, didn’t get a free kick, so got up and just dragged Comrie down from behind. Referee was consistently lenient with that sort of stuff, I’d argue.

Yeah, looked at the stats and saw it was 20 fouls each. Madness. Almost a foul every 2 minutes. 

55 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Didn’t get a first booking did he?

I don’t think there were any tackles that merited a straight red, but Hamilton could’ve had a second yellow. 

aye it’s Hamilton I meant, No.5? Wasn’t a straight red offence but couldn’t really complain had he got a second yellow, somewhat surprised McPake didn’t sub him when it seemed he was on his last warning. 

On another point, I thought Brian Graham was the worst in the division for trying to ‘buy fouls’ up the park but Chris Kane might well take that accolade. Not convinced we needed 3 CBs to control him mind although another solid defensive showing nonetheless. 

Edited by JagsCG

A seriously rubbish game of football today, not helped by a disaster of a referee. Blowing for HT when Thistle had a corner, giving fouls after playing advantage for infinite lengths of time and going to his whistle at seemingly every small piece of incidental contact in the game. I don't even know what the idiot's name was, but it was one of the most incompetent pieces of officiating I've seen in years which negatively impacted on both teams and pretty much ruined the game.

From a Jags POV, I'm starting to worry about our total inability to create chances. Megwa was a definite upgrade on both Wasiri and Nilsson at RB and rightly earned his MOTM today, but besides going through him we really didn't create much at all. Graham and Fitzpatrick were the pick of the bunch in a negative sense, with the latter redeeming himself with a goal which Mehmet really should have saved. Crawford was better than he has been recently, and Ablade looked lively even if it was just chasing after scraps most of the time, but it was hard to find much to be positive about other than the result itself.

As for Dunfermline; ooft. Goalkeeper timewasting from the first minute, constant niggly fouls to break up the game, and not a lot more beyond that. Injuries are clearly playing their part and I get the reduction in budget as well, but if you come to Firhill against a Thistle team clearly still trying to find an identity and play like that, then that's not a promising outlook.

Ultimately I think that a fair summary would be that Thistle didn't really deserve their win, but Dunfermline definitely deserved to lose.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

oh. literally just remembered - would be curious to see the possible Muirhead handball inside the first 5 - 10 minutes; soon as it happened I expected a pen to be given. Arguably harsh but I think it did strike his arm...

Aye, I panicked a little too but I think the ball bounced up on to his arm which was pretty close to his body. A penalty would have been very harsh. 

Not sure there was any red card worthy incidents, not sure if it was Clay that forced Ablade off but that one didn't look too clever. Became pretty clear early on that the tactic was to hit Fitzpatrick hard, one in the first 5 minutes which was a stick on booking as@Fuctifanonoted, he was on the receiving end of a couple of others and it definitely did affect him from then on, glad he popped up with the winner.

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Thistle fans sound thick as fkc on the stream. Constantly shouting for anything and wanting a red for Hamilton at his yellow??? Clearest yellow all day. 

Nice one, enjoy your night 😆

Dunfermline were absolute dog duuuurt.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

11 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Nice one, enjoy your night 😆

Dunfermline were absolute dog duuuurt.

Cheers mate, I have! And yes, we are utterly horrible as a team. League One mid it felt like in all honesty